Neighbours camera pointing at my window

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2018 12:45 pm
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35829 posts
9909 upvotes
Ottawa
He has no windows so, he is using security cameras for that side of his house. The fact your windows are there is not his issue, he is protecting his house.
You sound quite paranoid.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44747 posts
5332 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Pete_Coach wrote: He has no windows so, he is using security cameras for that side of his house. The fact your windows are there is not his issue, he is protecting his house.
You sound quite paranoid.
If the neighbor is using it as security it should not be pointed towards the OPs house but rather along the alleyway either towards the front or back of the house.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35829 posts
9909 upvotes
Ottawa
Jon Lai wrote: If the neighbor is using it as security it should not be pointed towards the OPs house but rather along the alleyway either towards the front or back of the house.
All I can read is the OP's post and as I said, he seems paranoid and seems to have a problem with his neighbor (as seen by his other posts ). The camera may very well be pointing along the house and property but the OP believes it is pointing (or partially pointing) to his window.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
7910 posts
2632 upvotes
Maple
OP
What did you do to your neighbour? Base on your 2 threads, you are being picked on. Your neighbour is ticking you off with his actions, are you being paranoid?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33225 posts
6903 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Jon Lai wrote: I would consider the camera an infringement of privacy if it’s solely pointed towards the OPs window.
Seriously? I highly doubt the camera was installed just to look at his window. Most likely it is pointed at the alley way.

Even if it was pointed at his window, it won’t capture much. It’s hard enough to look through someone’s window and see anything
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2011
1277 posts
968 upvotes
HAMILTON
Put a reflective film on your windows so that they can't see in and possibly blind the camera with light.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1944 posts
459 upvotes
Calgary
Geezfast wrote: I live in calgary. Can i do that without getting trouble with the authorities
where in Calgary? I want to make sure I don't live anywhere near you, nutjob.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7107 posts
4272 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Jon Lai wrote: If the neighbor is using it as security it should not be pointed towards the OPs house but rather along the alleyway either towards the front or back of the house.
Maybe the neighbour has noticed what a weirdo OP is lol.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7107 posts
4272 upvotes
Victoria, BC
teoconca wrote: OP
What did you do to your neighbour? Base on your 2 threads, you are being picked on. Your neighbour is ticking you off with his actions, are you being paranoid?
Based on the 2 threads I see no evidence of OP being picked on. I see a possible personality disorder of some kind (OP's).
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11395 posts
7810 upvotes
GTA, ON
Chickinvic wrote: Based on the 2 threads I see no evidence of OP being picked on. I see a possible personality disorder of some kind (OP's).
Maybe it's the other way around? Neighbour is afraid of OP so they install a cam to protect their property.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1314 posts
847 upvotes
CALGARY
tranquility922 wrote: I have a bad memory but even I remember as OP mentioned 4 feet his, 2 feet his neighbor and I was thinking "hmmm, that sounds familiar" LOL:
neighbours-putting-their-garbage-bins-l ... r-2234246/

Is OP for real? Man...
OP seems to be a complete troll and I pity the poor neighbors. Imagine having pesky neighbors as OP.
Geezfast wrote: i mean the top part os broader and it uses our airspace.
from the OP's other post makes no sense. Do you wanna shoot a bird violating your air space?

I have camera's around my home too and my neighbors actually thanked me having them as it covers their drive way too and keeps them secure if needed.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1770 posts
954 upvotes
Durham
Waiting for the next post. "Neighbours lawn connects to my lawn and the roots are on my property"
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2932 posts
1199 upvotes
, ON
Kkhan15 wrote: Waiting for the next post. "Neighbours lawn connects to my lawn and the roots are on my property"
Or “Neigbour always park their car on their driveway instead in the garage. The sunlight bounces off their car and heating the side of our house and our airspace.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
11929 posts
6447 upvotes
Brampton
They invade your privacy, you invade his wife.
ONLY OPTION.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1115 posts
485 upvotes
York Region
I bet the camera is there to protect the garbage bins from the OP
[OP]
Oct 31, 2018
21 posts
7 upvotes
CowBoyD wrote: I think the best way to settle this you should ask your neighbor why he did this. Either he has any valid justification or not.
Some reasonable person here. Others are pricks woth no work.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2952 posts
1557 upvotes
Mississauga
Only solution is to challenge your neighbour to bare knuckle boxing in the camera range

Then post footage in this thread please
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13263 posts
2605 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Keep the shades low in the 3 windows.... wear a hoodie and sunglasses whenever leaving via the walkway. That way he cant distinguish you from regular thugs and rappers in the hood. #ThugLife
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
4071 posts
3402 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Geezfast wrote: So our house has and alley way. 4 feet to our side and 2 feet is the neighbours. Neighbours side doesn't have any windows or anything as it is the fire safety wall or something they call. Its just vinyl siding. So they put a camera via VIVINT there. My side which is 4 feet. Has 3 windows and we have our walkway to our backyard from there. I went ahead and asked him. That his camera is pointing at my window. He said its not working yet. So I left and now he is never coming out of hus house so that I can talk. What can I do here. I called cps no proper naswer from them. Call city nothing imp. Call privacy commisoner nothing fruitful. Is there anyway I can live peacefully in my house. Looking for suggestions
I’d look at installing a mirrored window tint. For $59 it’s pretty cheap fix and is readily available at Home Depot. The neighbour’s cam will get a useless picture of itself looking out onto the space between their houses and it shouldn’t be able to pick up anything from inside the house.

Won’t help with being on cam walking between the houses, but at least you won’t feel like the camera is peering into your house. The key is to defeat the neighbour’s sense that they have an advantage over you without spending too much time or money on it. The window film solution would be a good defeat device for this!

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.3-ft ... 86190.html

Overview Model # PRS361 Store SKU # 1000686190

Easily add privacy to any window with the Gila Mirror Privacy Control Window Film. The adhesive-backed film means a more permeant and reliable choice. Use on any glass surface to add privacy without losing natural light.

Level of privacy: This film creates privacy during the day when the sun is out after dark, when rooms are lit from inside, it no longer conceals views
UV protection: UV protection reduces fading on flooring, furniture, portraits, blinds and draperies
Application type: Adhesive application instructions included
Can be cut to fit any window, typically applied to the interior window surface
For best results use the Gila complete window film application kit
15 foot long roll provides excellent value and coverage