Hot Deals

Nella Cutlery

Nella 9" Meat Slicer Belt Driven 0.25 HP Light Duty $639 (40% Off)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2023 3:50 pm
16 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
2159 posts
15229 upvotes
Today's RFD browse brings me to a casual $640 meat slicer while sipping my morning coffee.

Happy Tuesday!
Jr. Member
Oct 24, 2020
172 posts
335 upvotes
Ontario
That's your big boy. Commercial use applications. Not somethig you keep in on your counter, or pull out of the cupboard when you need it...weighs almost 40 pounds. Price in title please.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 12, 2006
1234 posts
1777 upvotes
Leverage wrote: Today's RFD browse brings me to a casual $640 meat slicer while sipping my morning coffee.

Happy Tuesday!
Literally doing that, read your comment. Wonder how many people see this as one of the first things today :D
Sr. Member
Nov 19, 2009
726 posts
648 upvotes
Toronto
great price for this slicer but keep in mind, Nella is the WORST. good luck getting it serviced or dealing with returns. absolutley terrible customer service. they just dont care. Deal with Tap Phong on Spadina (for those in Toronto) for kitchen or restaurant supplies.
Sr. Member
Apr 27, 2003
575 posts
75 upvotes
So i could use this for my bologna sandwich i take to work each morning. Great deal, presliced bologna is more expensive ;)
Where's the beef?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3553 posts
2702 upvotes
Meat slicers are just one of those things... anything $600 or under is typically lightweight garbage that cannot consistently slice thin. Those who know, know. I won't buy, but thanks for the post, OP!
Member
Aug 18, 2013
468 posts
602 upvotes
Been looking for awhile for a slicer.. is this a deal??? never really bought one before, but need one to slice bacon
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3553 posts
2702 upvotes
wchau85 wrote: Been looking for awhile for a slicer.. is this a deal??? never really bought one before, but need one to slice bacon
If that's all you need it for, you can likely skip this and go with a cheapo slicer. These are typically used for Italian cold cuts and deli meats, where you want a consistent 1mm thin slice every single time. Bacon is cut much thicker, and inconsistency only means you just cook a few pieces longer than others.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5290 posts
2999 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Apparently, this model cuts slices so thin, you can't even see them.

Member
Nov 7, 2011
247 posts
302 upvotes
AGASSIZ
razrsharp wrote: Meat slicers are just one of those things... anything $600 or under is typically lightweight garbage that cannot consistently slice thin. Those who know, know. I won't buy, but thanks for the post, OP!
Any price range can be garbage if you don't do your research.
Member
Aug 18, 2013
468 posts
602 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: If that's all you need it for, you can likely skip this and go with a cheapo slicer. These are typically used for Italian cold cuts and deli meats, where you want a consistent 1mm thin slice every single time. Bacon is cut much thicker, and inconsistency only means you just cook a few pieces longer than others.
mainly need something that i can run for a bit.. been doing it as a side hustle, so if i were to slice.. be slicing 30-40 lbs at a time for packaging.
Jr. Member
Mar 6, 2006
105 posts
17 upvotes
Malta wrote: great price for this slicer but keep in mind, Nella is the WORST. good luck getting it serviced or dealing with returns. absolutley terrible customer service. they just dont care. Deal with Tap Phong on Spadina (for those in Toronto) for kitchen or restaurant supplies.
yea, I'm so po'ed with Nella that I'm actually posting a comment...brought in an espresso machine for repair under warranty and they basically held it for ransom for months until the manufacturer got involved...will never, ever purchase anything from Nella again
Jr. Member
User avatar
May 5, 2012
163 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto, ON
midget_man wrote: Apparently, this model cuts slices so thin, you can't even see them.

Well, how do you turn it on? And where does the meat go?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)