Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Outfitters

Nescafé Dolce Gusto KRUPS machine deal

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2009 9:27 am
May 12, 2005
499 posts
3 upvotes
Control, This is Del…

[Home Outfitters] Nescafé Dolce Gusto KRUPS machine deal

From Nov 27 - Dec 3 at all Home Outfitters locations across Canada, when you purchase a Nescafé Dolce Gusto KRUPS machine, you'll get:

- A great price - all colours featured at $179.99
- An additional $50 in bonus capsules - redeemable at www.dolce-gusto.ca (keep your receipt - you'll need it to redeem)
- $60 in Home Outfitters Gift Cards
- Bonus in-pack welcome gift including a 16-capsule variety pack, a BONUS free box online, plus a Latte Glass and Cappuccino Mug and Saucer
25 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3571 posts
2935 upvotes
GTA
I sampled a Caffe Latte from this machine at the Bay (which I thought sold this @ $300) and the beverage was pretty awesome. However, you'll need 2 capsules to make milk-based drinks, and at $8.99 per box of 16 capsules (8 coffee 8 milk) that's over $1 per drink - not sure if that's a good deal in the long run.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8910 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
i have one we love it. the serving sizes are fairly small but all machines are pretty much like that.

it is $1 but i look at it this way, everytime I hit starbucks it costs me about $5.54 (at least a few times a week) so I must be coming out ahead since I don't visit starbucks anymore.

the free gift pack (sampler box and glasses) is standard in every box but the rest of the items really make this deal smokin

edit: oh I just realized every drink does not require 2 capsules. There are 10 flavours, Americano, Longo and Expresso are single capsule. The rest which are doubles are lattes, cappuccinos and even a cold expresso beverage. They are 2 caps because 1 is milk and the other coffee. One trick I do to make it go even further is microwave my own milk and add the coffee of choice like Expresso. Instant latte with real milk :)
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22170 posts
824 upvotes
Newmarket
LoneI2anger wrote: looks like a pretty smexy machine :!:
I hate the look of it. Looks like a chicken.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
flaming homer wrote: I sampled a Caffe Latte from this machine at the Bay (which I thought sold this @ $300) and the beverage was pretty awesome. However, you'll need 2 capsules to make milk-based drinks, and at $8.99 per box of 16 capsules (8 coffee 8 milk) that's over $1 per drink - not sure if that's a good deal in the long run.
If it is good quality stuff, then this price is nothing.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3571 posts
2935 upvotes
GTA
brunes wrote: If it is good quality stuff, then this price is nothing.
It IS good stuff, I tried it last Friday and am still thinking about it. Must have something to do with the extra-fatty milk that's in the milk capsule.

Thanks OP, it does hot.
Nov 28, 2008
81 posts
1 upvote
i think this would be the machine i would get if i ever get a single serve coffe machine.

i try keurig at work and i did not like the taste of the coffee to weak (tried every kind we had at the office)

then again i make my coffe with a french press at home.... but i have nothing to make cappucino and latte wich i do like!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1511 posts
9 upvotes
johngeush wrote: i think this would be the machine i would get if i ever get a single serve coffe machine.

i try keurig at work and i did not like the taste of the coffee to weak (tried every kind we had at the office)

then again i make my coffe with a french press at home.... but i have nothing to make cappucino and latte wich i do like!!!
for the keurig at your workplace, did you try dark magic before or any k-cups that are labelled "extra bold". Maybe your were trying mostly flavoured and medium strength k-cups?
Sep 24, 2005
516 posts
44 upvotes
Consider, before you get one of these, just how many waste plastic cups that will be generated that have to be manufactured, then disposed of, for the convenience. French press or filter or espresso generates much less waste, especially if you compost the grounds.

Just a thought.
Nov 28, 2008
81 posts
1 upvote
deeplove wrote: for the keurig at your workplace, did you try dark magic before or any k-cups that are labelled "extra bold". Maybe your were trying mostly flavoured and medium strength k-cups?
all i got at my workplace is van houtte

house blend
100% columbian
hazelnut
sumatra
and another dark one smiliar to the sumatra, i did not like any of them :(
May 12, 2005
499 posts
3 upvotes
Control, This is Del…
Home outfitters has the Spend $50 get $20 till Dec 3rd.
Nov 15, 2005
187 posts
4 upvotes
But aren't those cash cards pretty restricted. My wife went over yesterday

She tells me you can only use them on purchases over $50. So you will have to spend another $90 (150 less 60) to use the cards and they are only good for a short time frame. So she didn't buy anything

If this is so, the advertising is pretty deceptive. To me, that makes it a coupon not a cash card.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2004
4154 posts
128 upvotes
How does this machine compare with the Nespresso. I take it that the capsules are the same, as used by both machines. I think the nespresso only makes espresso based drinks while this can do lattes etc. Also, I am guessing that the Nespresso is a higher-end machine with probably a stronger pump and better extraction.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3571 posts
2935 upvotes
GTA
lfg wrote: But aren't those cash cards pretty restricted. My wife went over yesterday

She tells me you can only use them on purchases over $50. So you will have to spend another $90 (150 less 60) to use the cards and they are only good for a short time frame. So she didn't buy anything

If this is so, the advertising is pretty deceptive. To me, that makes it a coupon not a cash card.
This is true - it's on their web site

- Earn $20 cash card for every $50 spend before taxes until Dec 3
- Spend $20 cash card for every $50 before taxes Dec 4 - 17

So not only is this a pretty stupid "cash" card, unlike a real HBC gift card that you can use at Bay and Zellers, you have to use this at Home Outfitters

Again, thanks for the deal OP, but I'm going to pass...
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2005
1247 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
flaming homer wrote: This is true - it's on their web site

- Earn $20 cash card for every $50 spend before taxes until Dec 3
- Spend $20 cash card for every $50 before taxes Dec 4 - 17

So not only is this a pretty stupid "cash" card, unlike a real HBC gift card that you can use at Bay and Zellers, you have to use this at Home Outfitters

Again, thanks for the deal OP, but I'm going to pass...
As I suspected. Thanks flaming homer and lfg, I agree these are not really gift cards. Too bad. I'm going to wait for a similar deal to show up at Sears or Canadian Tire, which also carry this machine.

http://www.sears.ca/product/krups-nesca ... /112580585

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/8 ... -Serve.jsp
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8910 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
porphyra wrote: How does this machine compare with the Nespresso. I take it that the capsules are the same, as used by both machines. I think the nespresso only makes espresso based drinks while this can do lattes etc. Also, I am guessing that the Nespresso is a higher-end machine with probably a stronger pump and better extraction.

Nespresso is 19 bar, Dolce Gusto 15 bar. The pump in the Dolce is fine and makes great coffee and expresso...I've used both

both use different capsules (nespresso is slightly taller more like a kcup afaik)