Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Nespresso] Black Friday - 15% off Capsules and Discounts on Machines (Update: No 15%)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2019 12:30 pm
Dec 12, 2013
193 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I'm completely new to nespresso and espresso's in general. I'm thinking of getting the original line. Does anyone know if their subscription service (Get a machine for $1 for $40/mo for 12 months) is a good deal? I wonder if I should get that or wait for Black Friday / Boxing day.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6234 posts
4486 upvotes
Toronto
chongb wrote:
Nov 16th, 2019 2:25 pm
My opinion, the frother and the foam sort of upgrades the look and overall presentation of the drink. The coffee itself isn't that much different from regular coffee.
You're doing something wrong with the machine, then... or your taste buds are gone
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Penalty Box
Aug 5, 2005
485 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Hi, I work PT for Nespresso at retail shops. Feel free to ask me questions, as I am a coffee expert. If you're in Richmond Hill, feel free to visit me this weekend! Yes, the machines will be on sale and bonus incentives (e.g. coffee credits)! ^_~

Online minimum purchase is 50-sleeves (aka 10 capsules) but since each sleeve comes in a set of 10, you only need to purchase 5 of them.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
2114 posts
1610 upvotes
Montreal
ThatGuy1121 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 12:15 am
Does anyone know if their subscription service (Get a machine for $1 for $40/mo for 12 months) is a good deal? I wonder if I should get that or wait for Black Friday / Boxing day.

It's a good deal if you plan to drink a lot of coffee.
But with black Friday so close, wait to see what deals are available since you're new to Nespresso and don't yet know if you'll like them.

Or at least go in-store to try a few free samples.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6234 posts
4486 upvotes
Toronto
Do you know if the $20 coffee credit offered as part of the Coffee Month promotion can be used to purchase accessories in store?
angelove wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 10:59 am
Hi, I work PT for Nespresso at retail shops. Feel free to ask me questions, as I am a coffee expert. If you're in Richmond Hill, feel free to visit me this weekend! Yes, the machines will be on sale and bonus incentives (e.g. coffee credits)! ^_~

Online minimum purchase is 50-sleeves (aka 10 capsules) but since each sleeve comes in a set of 10, you only need to purchase 5 of them.
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Penalty Box
Aug 5, 2005
485 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
roblombardi wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 12:09 pm
Do you know if the $20 coffee credit offered as part of the Coffee Month promotion can be used to purchase accessories in store?
The coffee credit is only offered on your Nespresso account. You're welcome to register your machine with any Nespresso coffee expert reps at Canadian Tire, The Bay, Bed Bath and Beyond with an iPad. The iPad app allows us to instantly load the $20 coffee credit instead of you waiting 4-8 weeks for it to appear in your account. The credit can only be used on Nespresso site or physical flagship stores (e.g. Yorkdale and Yorkville). ^_^
Mar 11, 2002
729 posts
177 upvotes
angelove wrote:

Any discounts for the Barrista Frother?
Penalty Box
Aug 5, 2005
485 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
clboy wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 1:55 pm
Any discounts for the Barrista Frother?
If it's not a Nespresso product, I wouldn't know. The Nespresso frothers - Aeroccino never goes on sale, which is why we recommend purchasing as a bundle to save an additional $30. ^_~

Best to keep an eye if you have your eye on that model made by Breville. I would caution that cleaning those fancier machines may take extra effort and more counter space. I love the Vertuoplus and Original bc it's easy to clean at the end of my shift. Just run an empty cycle and wipe down, done. Those froth sticks requires extra time to clean bc milk product can build up and cleaned with a solution to avoid build-up.
Mar 11, 2002
729 posts
177 upvotes
angelove wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 2:11 pm
If it's not a Nespresso product, I wouldn't know. The Nespresso frothers - Aeroccino never goes on sale, which is why we recommend purchasing as a bundle to save an additional $30. ^_~

Best to keep an eye if you have your eye on that model made by Breville. I would caution that cleaning those fancier machines may take extra effort and more counter space. I love the Vertuoplus and Original bc it's easy to clean at the end of my shift. Just run an empty cycle and wipe down, done. Those froth sticks requires extra time to clean bc milk product can build up and cleaned with a solution to avoid build-up.
https://www.nespresso.com/ca/en/order/m ... er-barista

I don't believe it is made by Breville but I may be wrong? From what the rep in store told me it showed up on one of the "private" sales in the last year or so. In terms of cleaning all the parts that need cleaning are dishwasher safe.

Thanks
Jun 9, 2008
146 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
I got the vertuo and frotter from Costco for 169. Comes with 12 pods and 25$ credit. Good deal? I’m new to the coffee pod world
Penalty Box
Aug 5, 2005
485 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
ravi_sakic wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 11:02 pm
I got the vertuo and frotter from Costco for 169. Comes with 12 pods and 25$ credit. Good deal? I’m new to the coffee pod world
Yes, it's a good deal as Costco has amazing prices! I'm assuming it's a grey/discontinued/retired colour.

All machines comes with full-sized capsules (aka pods), it's a great way to discover your coffee / espresso.

Also, a reminder, the capsules (both for the Original and Vertuo) are 100% recyclable through Nespresso. You can return them to any Nespresso booths selling the capsules (e.g. Eaton's Bay - basement, Yorkdale, Markville Mall, etc.) or mail them via pre-paid Canada Post bag. When ordering your capsules online, you can add a bag or visit the booths and ask them for it.

I would also recommend checking out YT videos to keep it clean.

Last edited by angelove on Nov 20th, 2019 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 14, 2017
21 posts
28 upvotes
angelove wrote:

There's a Richmond Hill location now? I thought it's just Markville mall with the popup :O
Penalty Box
Aug 5, 2005
485 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
iSyndicated wrote:
Nov 20th, 2019 12:47 am
There's a Richmond Hill location now? I thought it's just Markville mall with the popup :O
We're at retail stores like Canadian Tire and Bed Bath and Beyond. ;)
Mar 18, 2011
59 posts
33 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I got email Black Friday offers from Nespresso this morning.
No 15% off capsules =( But the usual cheap machine with pod purchases

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)