Expired Hot Deals

Nespresso Deals: 40% off CT (PM +10% at BB)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2019 1:21 pm
[OP]
Dec 20, 2012
6 posts
30 upvotes
Milton

Nespresso Deals: 40% off CT (PM +10% at BB)

Deal Link:
Savings:
40% + PM
Expiry:
January 17, 2019
First post to hot deals, trying to give back to the community so be gentle. I've been hunting for a Nespresso machine and there are new deals up this week.

Here's what's up for this weekend:
Canadian Tire: 40% off all Nespresso machines
The Bay: 40% off some Nespresso machines, plus 10% off with HBC credit card
Home Outfitters: 40% off some Nespresso machines
Best Buy: No sale, but great opportunity to take advantage of their +10% price beat with the difference being $100+

I've been looking for one of the new-capsule Vertuo machines and here's what I've come up with in my research to compare the machines:
Vertuo Machines - First-generation, some complaints about low temperature
Vertuo Evoluo - Second-generation, fixes the temperature and increases water tank
Vertuo Plus - Second-generation, adds a motorized lid for push-button convenience

All of them have deluxe models which may increase the water tank size and/or add a milk frother. Personally I went for the Evoluo as it has almost zero complaints in reviews, and I worry that the motorized lid on the Plus could break after the warranty period is up.

I didn't do much research on the original capsule line, as I'm looking for a machine that can do espresso and full cups of coffee. The sales above also apply to the original line, plus Canada Computers has some sales on the original line machines as well. Beware that the Canada Computers bundles seem to include the older generation milk frother.

Caveats for the Nespresso machines:
- Capsules can be expensive
- Vertuo capsules not available from many retailers, direct from Nespresso.ca seems to be the best option
Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 12.52.16 PM.png
74 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1180 posts
938 upvotes
Hongcouver
wow, good find and very detailed post. Thank you Op.

I used to be a barista a longggg time ago, and I can truly say I don't care much for Nespresso, but the Frothier Nespresso has is really well made and really good quality.
CheapBuddy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 2:34 pm
thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Nov 26, 2015
24 posts
5 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
Does anyone know what the approximate per drink costs are for a Nespresso vs K-cup?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1473 posts
322 upvotes
Richmond, BC
604dru wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:34 pm
Does anyone know what the approximate per drink costs are for a Nespresso vs K-cup?
*This is specific to original style pods*

If you are buying Nespresso branded the pods are like $0.72-$0.90 per pod.

You can buy the third party ones (I have tried Starbucks ones [UK purchased], Trader Joes [USA purchased], PC branded [Superstore]) and they work out to be $0.40 - $0.60 a pod.

When I had K-cup before it was a lot cheaper as there are more options out there. With that being to said I am in 'love' with my Nespresso and before I was only in 'like' with my Keurig.

Edit - I have also had these before https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07G9WSBH5 and they are nice (they also sell at Walmart)

PC ones are - https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/F ... 0905206_EA
Last edited by krazynuck on Jan 11th, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 17, 2017
559 posts
572 upvotes
604dru wrote:
~55-65 cents for 3rd party capsules
~70-90 cents for Nespresso capsules

But their quality is so much higher, so price is one factor but not the sole factor.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20310 posts
2298 upvotes
YUL
krazynuck wrote: *This is specific to original style pods*

You can buy the third party ones (I have tried Starbucks ones [UK purchased], Trader Joes [USA purchased], PC branded [Superstore]) and they work out to be $0.40 - $0.60 a pod.

When I had K-cup before it was a lot cheaper as there are more options out there. With that being to said I am in 'love' with my Nespresso and before I was only in 'like' with my Keurig.
The reason to buy Nespresso machines in the first place is to use their Nespresso pods. The quality of their coffee is much higher as are their quality standards compared to cheaper alternatives and third parties.

If you want to cheapen our, go buy a Tassimo or a Keurig.
Sep 8, 2010
283 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa
HailHydra wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:42 pm
~55-65 cents for 3rd party capsules
~70-90 cents for Nespresso capsules

But their quality is so much higher, so price is one factor but not the sole factor.
for the vertuoline capsule, the price is between 95cent to 1.20$
https://www.nespresso.com/ca/en/order/capsules/vertuo

I prefer using the nespresso pods instead of 3rd party because
* they are 100% recyclable (Aluminum instead of plastic)
* Coffee taste better

It's definetly expansive though. If you are like my girlfriend who drinks 3-4 cups a day, it adds up. (Still a lot cheaper than coffee bought in coffee shop)
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1389 posts
688 upvotes
604dru wrote:
Go to outlet stores they sell Nespresso branded pods like $0.40 and the generic ones like $0.25

Also watch for sales (they had just over a week ago buy 2 boxes get 1 free)

If you buy a brand new machine Nespresso will give you up to 250 free pods for it (based on size of your order)
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming
Sep 8, 2010
283 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa
I have the inissia and I like it but I'm now considering to have a virtuoline as well.
Based on what you said about the evoluo, I couldn't find any in stock at BestBuy. Only the original or the Plus.
I already have the milk frother so the best price at the moment for me would be the machine only at Canada Computers:
https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=087222

I think I'm going to go to CC today!
Dec 17, 2017
559 posts
572 upvotes
ovni121 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:47 pm
for the vertuoline capsule, the price is between 95cent to 1.20$
https://www.nespresso.com/ca/en/order/capsules/vertuo

I prefer using the nespresso pods instead of 3rd party because
* they are 100% recyclable (Aluminum instead of plastic)
* Coffee taste better

It's definetly expansive though. If you are like my girlfriend who drinks 3-4 cups a day, it adds up. (Still a lot cheaper than coffee bought in coffee shop)
Ah, I haven't dealt with the Vertuo line, I only have and know of the original line. Also, at least for the original line 3rd party pods, the ones offered by Trader Joes is identical to the one offered by Superstore (capsules look and taste identical), and are made of aluminum. Lavazza capsules sold by Walmart are plastic. TBH, the 3rd party "Arpeggio" knock off tastes pretty similar to the Nespresso Arpeggio pods.
Dec 17, 2017
559 posts
572 upvotes
kav2001c wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:51 pm
Go to outlet stores they sell Nespresso branded pods like $0.40 and the generic ones like $0.25

Also watch for sales (they had just over a week ago buy 2 boxes get 1 free)

If you buy a brand new machine Nespresso will give you up to 250 free pods for it (based on size of your order)
Where are such outlet stores? $0.40 is amazing.
Aug 20, 2014
41 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I gave you and upvote because this is decent deal and the quick summary of each machine line is appreciated. Thanks OP!
Nov 24, 2002
134 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like CC is out of stock online. How does IN-STORE backorder work?
Nov 26, 2015
24 posts
5 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
krazynuck wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:41 pm
*This is specific to original style pods*

Edit - I have also had these before https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07G9WSBH5 and they are nice (they also sell at Walmart)

PC ones are - https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/F ... 0905206_EA
Good stuff. Thanks so much! Picking one up.