Nespresso
Not a bad deal as pods rarely go on sale
19 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1844 posts
1379 upvotes
tyrrell wrote: Not a bad deal as pods rarely go on sale
This is true, but make sure to plan ahead. My last order took two weeks to be received.

Thanks op
Jul 31, 2008
394 posts
198 upvotes
Markham
FooNdaR wrote: This is true, but make sure to plan ahead. My last order took two weeks to be received.
Their ordering and fulfillment process is extremely slow and poorly packed. I expect this is worse due to holiday volumes, but for a company that charges a premium they give a very poor experience IMHO. I do like the product, I just do not like dealing with them.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
2873 posts
2602 upvotes
Montreal
mdl.tor wrote: Their ordering and fulfillment process is extremely slow and poorly packed. I expect this is worse due to holiday volumes, but for a company that charges a premium they give a very poor experience IMHO. I do like the product, I just do not like dealing with them.
? I've never had a issue. Usually packages arrive fast (3 days?) Except once where it too 10 days due to Christmas and a free gift they probably ran low on.

And nothing ever arrives damaged.

What has your experience been?
Nov 13, 2013
38 posts
100 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
mdl.tor wrote: Their ordering and fulfillment process is extremely slow and poorly packed. I expect this is worse due to holiday volumes, but for a company that charges a premium they give a very poor experience IMHO. I do like the product, I just do not like dealing with them.
You have any specifics? I order from them every 3 months and have never had to wait longer than 3 days.
[OP]
Dec 30, 2006
642 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe just bad luck? I usually get my orders 2-3 days after ordering. All in perfect condition, no issues
Jul 31, 2008
394 posts
198 upvotes
Markham
FrancisBacon wrote: What has your experience been?
Two week fulfillment times across two orders lately (one still not shipped). A machine I ordered had ripped and damaged packaging (did not appear used, but the packaging looked like a return). Packing was basically a bunch of items thrown in a box with some loose paper. Some "premium" cups had flaws and had to reorder. Even the pods were crushed (still intact so who cares).

I order a lot online and they are in my "worst" category right now. They used to be pretty good, for both time and quality of packing. Most companies do an exceptional job these days.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2208 posts
537 upvotes
FrancisBacon wrote: ? I've never had a issue. Usually packages arrive fast (3 days?) Except once where it too 10 days due to Christmas and a free gift they probably ran low on.

And nothing ever arrives damaged.

What has your experience been?
The box has no protection for the sleeves other than the cardboard itself. My last batch from Black Friday looked like my delivery was squished underneath a heavier item during transport and had damage on the sleeve box and most of the capsules. None were at the point of not being usable. I contacted nespresso (with pictures) about the handful that were meant for presents and they sent me new sleeves.
Jul 31, 2008
394 posts
198 upvotes
Markham
PennyArcade wrote: The box has no protection for the sleeves other than the cardboard itself. My last batch from Black Friday looked like my delivery was squished underneath a heavier item during transport and had damage on the sleeve box and most of the capsules. None were at the point of not being usable. I contacted nespresso (with pictures) about the handful that were meant for presents and they sent me new sleeves.
My crushed sleeves showed little or no damage to the outer box. It may have been the load shifting due to being poorly packed, but my impression was this happened in the warehouse with an aggressive packer. Maybe new temps for the season or a bad hire, who knows. I rate them the same lousy packing as Amazon, but without the fast times. Slow and bad ain't good! YMMV of course!
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2208 posts
537 upvotes
mdl.tor wrote: My crushed sleeves showed little or no damage to the outer box. It may have been the load shifting due to being poorly packed, but my impression was this happened in the warehouse with an aggressive packer. Maybe new temps for the season or a bad hire, who knows. I rate them the same lousy packing as Amazon, but without the fast times. Slow and bad ain't good! YMMV of course!
Sorry to hear. Mine was definitely influenced from the outside because my outer cardboard box was crushed on the corner and on the side.
Jun 20, 2012
79 posts
114 upvotes
Aurora
OP is not when u spend $150 but when u buy 150 pods
so technically if u get alot of the cheaper capsules it can be sub $150
Receive a 10% base discount on all Vertuo and Original coffees and an additional 5% plus standard free shipping if your order includes a minimum of 150 capsules for a total of 15% off. This offer is linked to your Nespresso Club Member number and is only valid from December 23, 2019 at 12:01 AM EST to December 29, 2019 at 11:59PM EST, online at www.nespresso.com, via the Nespresso mobile application (except Android) or through the Nespresso Club at 1-855-325-5781 and from December 26-29, 2019, at Nespresso Boutiques, while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. This offer is valid in Canada only and only for Canadian shipping addresses. Void where prohibited or restricted. Offer is not transferable and may be cancelled at any time without notice. Not valid in combination with any other offer or promotion.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9757 posts
1252 upvotes
GTA
I had never seen this kind of sale before and they already did it for Black Friday. Interesting that they are doing it again within one month time frame.

I have more than enough pods thanks to that order.

Does anyone really like the Cloudberry ones? I decided to just add 2 sleaves to my last order but will take me a while to drink all of those. Maybe I will give them to guests to "try" :) Or maybe it is a developed taste and by the time I finish them all I will be regretting not having more!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3200 posts
2985 upvotes
Pods are on "sale" all the time from Nespresso in different forms.

Lately they have been offering straight up discounts which is what I prefer.

Other times, you have to buy a lot of pods then buy a cheap machine (used to be free) in the promo, flip it on kijiji to get the "discounted" pods ..... more work but the discount is significant ...these days I cant be bothered, I am happy with a smaller (15% ) discount and or some bonus gifts
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1521 posts
1540 upvotes
I ordered yesterday morning and just received my package. 24H is pretty good. No damage to the Box or contents.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
2873 posts
2602 upvotes
Montreal
YLSF wrote: Does anyone really like the Cloudberry ones?
All 3 limited editions are excellent this time. Be aware that if you like them, stock up! Because they apparently never come back.
Dec 10, 2006
575 posts
52 upvotes
I ordered 210 pods on dec 22 and got my delivery this morning. No damage . Everything is good.