31 upvotes

Nespresso machines $1 with $45-$75/mo subscription plan

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
99%
Retailer:
Nespresso
You're likely going to buy pods anyway...

Receive your machine for $1 by subscribing to a 12-month subscription

Turn your monthly fee into delicious coffee and much more

Unlimited Free Deliveries to your home

Each month, you will receive a fixed amount of Nespresso Credit that you can use to purchase Nespresso coffee or accessories on Nespresso.com, by phone, or in our Nespresso Boutiques. The amount of Nespresso Credit you receive is equal to the monthly fee for the subscription plan. For example, if you have a $45 monthly subscription plan, you will receive 45 Nespresso Credits for each month following payment of your monthly fee. All the Nespresso Credit you are eligible for will be added to the Nespresso Account directly after the receipt of the monthly fee in cleared funds.

Your Nespresso credit will not expire.
39 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8918 posts
5564 upvotes
Lol @ the 12m subscription. Get tied into a contract for coffee.

You used to be able to get machines for $19-29 with the purchase of 350-450 capsules.

Now it'll run you $550-900 for a "free machine".

Nespresso trying hard to hose you.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12152 posts
111578 upvotes
Ontario
another subscription model.....

Depends on the model but

the subscription fee is like a credit and then you use it to buy the coffee.

$55/month x 12 months = $660 credits.

You can use these credits for accessories or capsules.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Jan 2 - 29th Member Savings (Costco)
Jan 25, 2016
965 posts
1598 upvotes
Toronto
I signed up for the 3-month subscription, get the 4th month free. After that I’m canceling.
Oct 19, 2006
714 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
holy shit....with the amount of coffee i drink, it's a $150-dollars subscription.

I think buying a fully automatic machine is more worth it.
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24783 posts
32514 upvotes
Nespresso has been such a disappointment for consumers after they replaced the original line.

I stay away from their new pod system.
Dec 10, 2005
739 posts
191 upvotes
GTA
redflagdealsguy wrote: Nespresso has been such a disappointment for consumers after they replaced the original line.

They haven’t replaced their original line. It’s still there…
Sep 8, 2022
318 posts
745 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Nespresso has been such a disappointment for consumers after they replaced the original line.

What do you mean they "replaced"? With what? I thought the original line is still an active product line.
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24783 posts
32514 upvotes
Relax gentlemen, they released a successor system. Not strictly replacing the original, but they're pushing the new garbage DRM pods hard.

Returned the last machine using the new pods because it leaked.

Sick of dealing with their tomfoolery.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1888 posts
1848 upvotes
Toronto
I got the promo card in the mail, thought it was cool until I saw how much min it'll run me for 1 year sub.. you got to be crazy special person to fall for this $1 scam! If your into these pod coffees just buy a decent machine and buy your own pods at Costco in bulk.
Multi Millionaire in Points
Sep 8, 2022
318 posts
745 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Relax gentlemen, they released a successor system. Not strictly replacing the original, but they're pushing the new garbage DRM pods hard.

They did? What's it called?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2005
3182 posts
336 upvotes
Vancouver
redflagdealsguy wrote: Relax gentlemen, they released a successor system. Not strictly replacing the original, but they're pushing the new garbage DRM pods hard.

you are free to order 3rd party pods everywhere. some on amazon are selling at 1/3 of nespresso
Aug 26, 2019
404 posts
496 upvotes
Guelph-Kitchener-Wat…
ccyk wrote: you are free to order 3rd party pods everywhere. some on amazon are selling at 1/3 of nespresso
I do not recommend that. The new Vertuo system dials in all applicable brewing time, temp, etc... The Amazon pods have 1 set barcode to brew a specific type of coffee. Plus, those are leaky, you do not get the full brew (many reviews like this) and most importantly the question is WHY? Why go through the trouble of "refilling" your Vertuo pods....

To me the Vertuo system seperates true RFD'ers to normal people.... IF you consider refilling Vertuo pods then I have to break it down to you - you either don't need one or you cannot afford to keep one.

All in all, Vertuo produces a perfect cup of coffee anytime for me. $1.27/cup vs my normal $5-6/day wins by far.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38190 posts
24381 upvotes
Center of Universe
I spend well over $400 a year in Nespresso pods.
I guess I can gift the machine or sell it.
[OP]
Nov 6, 2020
15 posts
31 upvotes
I think the deal makes sense if you’re committed to paying for convenience or “fancy” coffees. For someone who gets a specialty drink every day from a coffee shop, there is potential for great savings. Yes, a full automatic espresso machine is a lot cheaper in the long run, but some people don’t want to mess with cleaning and dealing with grinds. I think you know you’re paying for convenience by getting into Nespresso.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2005
3820 posts
402 upvotes
Thornhill
For those with Vertuoline machines use Starbucks vertuo pods from Canadian Tire (even better deal for CT MasterCard or triangle rewards with the offers. 25x on pods often.
Sep 8, 2022
318 posts
745 upvotes
Task514 wrote: Vertuo
Not a "successor". The guy kept on using words like replace / successor. Don't think he knows what they mean, or a person who doesn't say what they mean.

It's just meant for larger cups / drinks. The mechanism is nether replacing or successor of anything.