35 upvotes

Nespresso Original or Vertuo machine + 50 capsules + apron - $167

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
June 6, 2019
Retailer:
Nespresso
Nespresso is having a summer sale until June 6th. They're offering bundles with different machines (original and vertuo), 50 capsules, apron, and Nomad bottle for $199. If you also want the Aeroccino, the total is $249.

I chose the Vertuo Plus machine and added the bundle to my cart. When checking out, I saw that the bottle ($32) could be removed from the cart to bring the total down to $167!

Regular price is $249 for the Vertuo Plus machine only so this is a great deal for those who have been waiting to pull the trigger on a Nespresso machine! Shipping is free too.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1055 posts
877 upvotes
Edmonton
For anyone considering the vertuo machine, just keep in mind that after market coffee pods are not available for the vertuo line, only the original Nespresso line. Adds up pretty quick.
Mar 6, 2013
317 posts
121 upvotes
Difference between Vertuo Plus and Vertuo Line?
[OP]
Apr 30, 2013
83 posts
35 upvotes
toaster5 wrote: Difference between Vertuo Plus and Vertuo Line?
I'm not too familiar with these machines but I was taking a look at them in stores. The main difference I saw was that the Vertuo plus has a motorized lid to open/close and eject the capsule. The water reservoir on the Vertuo plus can be moved around (to either side or in the back). The machines take the same capsules so I would think that the coffee brewing itself would be the same.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1385 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
You can get the same bundle without the coffee pods for 95$usd from Target or Amazon.com.

250 plus tax is overkill.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1793 posts
2392 upvotes
Halifax
ysl5710 wrote: You can get the same bundle without the coffee pods for 95$usd from Target or Amazon.com.

that sounds like a great deal. I searched but can't find what you are saying. maybe you can provide a link?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1385 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
I always see it go on sale - go to Slickdeals.net and search for Nespresso. It's the U.S version of rfd
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1793 posts
2392 upvotes
Halifax
ysl5710 wrote: I always see it go on sale - go to Slickdeals.net and search for Nespresso. It's the U.S version of rfd
I guess always means not right now. First you say Amazon and Target, now you say slickdeals. i searched slickdeals too and all I see are expired deals. Maybe your searching is better. If you can get this for 95$ USD, why not just post a link?
[OP]
Apr 30, 2013
83 posts
35 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote: You can get the same bundle without the coffee pods for 95$usd from Target or Amazon.com.

That's like 130 CAD and you have to either have to ship it to Canada or go pick it up. Then you have to buy pods separately which are around $1 each.

This comes with 50 pods, $55.50 value. 167 - 55.50 = 111. 50

I look at it like I paid $111 for the machine itself and regular price for the capsules :)
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2008
1052 posts
490 upvotes
Edmonton
LiquoriceTea wrote: I'm not too familiar with these machines but I was taking a look at them in stores. The main difference I saw was that the Vertuo plus has a motorized lid to open/close and eject the capsule. The water reservoir on the Vertuo plus can be moved around (to either side or in the back). The machines take the same capsules so I would think that the coffee brewing itself would be the same.
The Plus line addressed the issue with the coffee not being hot enough that many complained about with the regular Vertuo line.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2008
1052 posts
490 upvotes
Edmonton
AnujS699 wrote: For anyone considering the vertuo machine, just keep in mind that after market coffee pods are not available for the vertuo line, only the original Nespresso line. Adds up pretty quick.
The major appeal of the Nespresso is that their actual coffee tastes much better than other single serve. If you are just going to put in some 3rd party coffee, why bother spending more money on Nespresso machine?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2008
1052 posts
490 upvotes
Edmonton
AnujS699 wrote: For anyone considering the vertuo machine, just keep in mind that after market coffee pods are not available for the vertuo line, only the original Nespresso line. Adds up pretty quick.
The major appeal of the Nespresso is that their actual coffee tastes much better than other single serve. If you are just going to put in some 3rd party coffee, why bother spending more money on Nespresso Machine?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1055 posts
877 upvotes
Edmonton
canukeneh wrote: The major appeal of the Nespresso is that their actual coffee tastes much better than other single serve. If you are just going to put in some 3rd party coffee, why bother spending more money on Nespresso Machine?
The major appeal of the Nespresso machine is the method of coffee delivery. The coffee is extracted differently than how it is from Keurig. Are you actually going to tell me it tastes better just because of what brand it is?

I've had more than my fair share of Keurig. I French Press my coffee religiously. I've had both Nespresso and aftermarket espresso pods and there really is no difference if you find a good third party product. And when you can get a capsule at 1/3 to 1/2 the price of a Nespresso branded capsule, it's honestly a no brainer.
Dec 29, 2007
510 posts
259 upvotes
AnujS699 wrote: The major appeal of the Nespresso machine is the method of coffee delivery. The coffee is extracted differently than how it is from Keurig. Are you actually going to tell me it tastes better just because of what brand it is?

I've had more than my fair share of Keurig. I French Press my coffee religiously. I've had both Nespresso and aftermarket espresso pods and there really is no difference if you find a good third party product. And when you can get a capsule at 1/3 to 1/2 the price of a Nespresso branded capsule, it's honestly a no brainer.
There is no third party that does justice to Nespresso
Dec 26, 2011
148 posts
54 upvotes
QU
Is it me or the 1$ deal is much more better?

Pay 40$ in coffee credit for 1 year and receive a machine for 1$???

I've been using Nespresso machine for 8+ years. I have more then 11k capsule purchased (yes... thats a lot).

Since I took that deal I paid around 5$/10$ only everytime i go get coffee. In my case that was the best Nespresso deal. I was already purchasing that coffee.

Link if people didnt knew:
https://www.nespresso.com/ca/fr/subscription
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1055 posts
877 upvotes
Edmonton
Troisdsmax wrote: Is it me or the 1$ deal is much more better?

I've been using Nespresso machine for 8+ years. I have more then 11k capsule purchased (yes... thats a lot).

Since I took that deal I paid around 5$/10$ only everytime i go get coffee. In my case that was the best Nespresso deal. I was already purchasing that coffee.

This deal is 10000x better if you'll use your Nespresso daily

(40/mth to buy Nespresso credits and you get a machine free after 1y)
Dec 26, 2011
148 posts
54 upvotes
QU
AnujS699 wrote: This deal is 10000x better if you'll use your Nespresso daily

(40/mth to buy Nespresso credits and you get a machine free after 1y)
You get the machine day 1. Plus there 16 pods in the box lol.

Anyway though that was worth sharing do not remember if it was posted before.
[OP]
Apr 30, 2013
83 posts
35 upvotes
Troisdsmax wrote: Is it me or the 1$ deal is much more better?

Yes I was considering doing this, it's a great deal! I think that if you drink a lot of coffee or have many people in the house it's definitely worth it as the machine ends up being free.

I only drink coffee 3-4 times per week so I thought it was too much coffee, and I like the Vertuo plus which they don't offer with the subscription.