286 upvotes
Vancouver
To1245 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 2:58 am

Has the code expired? Doesn't seem to work for me
Grimcurse wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 7:31 am
It doesn't work caps or not for me too.

The code expired on Tuesday, Jan 8th. Will post another code if there is one soon
Dec 17, 2017
287 posts
205 upvotes
lenz33 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 2:32 pm
Have been watching Nespresso for a long time now , and still cannot decide if owning one is practical. I know that the coffee from Nespresso is great - tasted it many times BUT the scarcity and the price of the pods makes me hesitate each time. If the pods were available everywhere, I would have caved in by now regardless of the price. The fact that I have to buy on-line or go out of my way to get the pods is a deal breaker. Keurig - as lousy as the coffee is - is much more convenient.
They have third party pods available in superstore and save on foods.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2017
381 posts
206 upvotes
I got a Nespresso VertuoPlus Grey & Aeroccino Bundle for 191 + tax and I got the deluxe one from the bay for 178.

I am planning on returning the 191 one at a boutique, but if anyone in GTA is interested at cost message me. They are out of stock now.
Sep 15, 2006
729 posts
208 upvotes
G77 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 8:28 am
If you get an OriginalLine machine then the pods are everywhere..... Every grocery store carries at least one type.

The newer pods, you can only get those from Nespresso as they have a barcode so that other people can't make them....
I believe it had to do with the patent expiring for the original line, so other companies started making them. I tried a few and they did not compare to the quality of nespresso. That may have changed because I have since moved to the Vertuo line and those pods don't go on sale at nespresso.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3756 posts
566 upvotes
Windsor
engman13 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 10:33 am
I believe it had to do with the patent expiring for the original line, so other companies started making them. I tried a few and they did not compare to the quality of nespresso. That may have changed because I have since moved to the Vertuo line and those pods don't go on sale at nespresso.
I have had a few decent 3rd party ones - notably Peet's Coffee ones which I got 80 for $35 US at Costco in the US.
Aug 22, 2012
155 posts
46 upvotes
East Van
engman13 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 10:33 am
I'm liking the Lavazza pods at the moment... currently on sale at Walmart too!
https://www.walmart.ca/search/nespresso%20lavazza
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1853 posts
260 upvotes
Red Deer
shahram0 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 1:50 pm
In the market for an espresso maker and trying to decide if I should go with a semi-automatic (Breville Barrista) or just stick to the convenience of Nespresso. I think price-wise, they all balance out in the end (cheaper machine, expensive pods vs. expensive machine, cheaper coffee).
Having used all three pod systems (Keurig, Tassimo and Nespresso), the quality and convenience of Nespresso is unmatched. It's so much better it's not even a contest. But IMO, Nespresso still falls way short of an espresso made from a semi automatic using freshly ground beans. So if you're picky about your coffee, I'd say go with a Breville Barista Express, you won't regret it. If you make lots of milk-based drinks (i.e. lattes, cappuccino etc..), spend a bit more and get the Barista Touch, the milk system on that is exceptionally good and fully automated.
Aug 12, 2011
276 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Can these make regular coffee and not just espresso?
Aug 9, 2005
321 posts
93 upvotes
Also, people looking for the vertuoline, check out Canada Computer, they're clearing bundles for about $140 for the set.

It's YMMV, I know the mississauga location had a few.
---------------------------------
If you are talking to someone, then suddenly turn your head to the side while still talking... they'll turn and look the same direction you're looking at... LMAO it's GREAT lol so many people do that lol, especially if you do a double take lol, try it out :D
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1997 posts
540 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Rob76 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 12:53 pm
Having used all three pod systems (Keurig, Tassimo and Nespresso), the quality and convenience of Nespresso is unmatched. It's so much better it's not even a contest. But IMO, Nespresso still falls way short of an espresso made from a semi automatic using freshly ground beans. So if you're picky about your coffee, I'd say go with a Breville Barista Express, you won't regret it. If you make lots of milk-based drinks (i.e. lattes, cappuccino etc..), spend a bit more and get the Barista Touch, the milk system on that is exceptionally good and fully automated.
I wouldn't say falls way short. It's not better, yet close enough. Nespresso is zero effort and maintenance comparing to the other espresso machines. It doesn't need fancy beans, expensive grinder or knowledge to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
4673 posts
694 upvotes
Long shot but also check Amazon warehouse. I paid $130 for that VertuoPlus +Aeroccino bundle and only the packaging was damaged.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1516 posts
914 upvotes
Saudi Arabia
Remember to think about the environment and recycle your pods. Nespresso will send or give you a free recycling bag with return postage paid for pod recycling when you order pods from them.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1853 posts
260 upvotes
Red Deer
iddqd85 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:02 pm
I wouldn't say falls way short. It's not better, yet close enough. Nespresso is zero effort and maintenance comparing to the other espresso machines. It doesn't need fancy beans, expensive grinder or knowledge to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee.
Yep, as far as convenience and effort I completely agree. We especially like the recycling through Canada Post. Since our Delonghi super-auto died, we now have a VertuoPlus Deluxe (w/Aeroccino 4) as well as a Barista Touch on our counter. We've tried all the sample espressos and ordered a bunch of doube-shots (Scuro and Chiaro). As far as espresso taste and richness, for my wife and I and visitors we've had over, the Breville is winning out so let's agree to disagree : )