Hot Deals

[Nespresso] Nespresso VertuoPlus Grey & Aeroccino Bundle $191

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 9:53 am
Dec 20, 2012
6 posts
27 upvotes
Milton
Looking to pull the trigger on The Bay deal, please let me know if anyone comes across any usable promo codes.
Apr 20, 2009
841 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
peternear wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 3:09 pm
Looking to pull the trigger on The Bay deal, please let me know if anyone comes across any usable promo codes.
Me too!
Mar 26, 2018
8 posts
4 upvotes
iddqd85 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:02 pm
I wouldn't say falls way short. It's not better, yet close enough. Nespresso is zero effort and maintenance comparing to the other espresso machines. It doesn't need fancy beans, expensive grinder or knowledge to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee.
It might be zero effort, but you're paying quite some price for that convenience. You don't really need fancy coffee beans, neither do you have to use a grinder (but freshly ground coffee does taste much better). A bag of decent coffee would be as little as $7 and it would be good for at least 25-30 cups. The cheapest Nespresso options are $0.76 per cup. Besides, I wouldn't say using a regular espresso machine is so much trouble - it's well under one minute to get a cup of espresso.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1458 posts
450 upvotes
Scarborough
peternear wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 3:09 pm
drew4008 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 3:59 pm
Me too!
check out the Bay's current flyer in the flyer section. there's a up to 15% off this weekend from Friday-Sunday if using The Bay credit cards. small appliances usually 10% i think.. also if the sale of the Nespresso is until then..
Feb 1, 2018
15 posts
3 upvotes
laksapop wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 12:56 pm
For those looking to use Original line capsules:

Costco.ca has the Nespresso Inissia by De'Longhi for $99.97
https://www.costco.ca/Nespresso-Inissia ... 63896.html

With Aeroccino for $149.00
https://www.costco.ca/Nespresso-Inissia ... 63374.html
I bought the same combo from Costco online for $200 in Christmas week. Can I get the price matched at Costco ? Also, I used $50 coupon which I had received for membership renewal, for this order. Will that be refunded or adjusted ?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1997 posts
540 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Rob76 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:56 pm
Yep, as far as convenience and effort I completely agree. We especially like the recycling through Canada Post. Since our Delonghi super-auto died, we now have a VertuoPlus Deluxe (w/Aeroccino 4) as well as a Barista Touch on our counter. We've tried all the sample espressos and ordered a bunch of doube-shots (Scuro and Chiaro). As far as espresso taste and richness, for my wife and I and visitors we've had over, the Breville is winning out so let's agree to disagree : )
I would hope a $1500 espresso machine would beat nespresso capsules :)
I myself haven't been spoiled enough with coffee to justify investing that much money upfront, I have most likely spent that much on nespresso machine and capsules over two years of ownership though.
Oct 31, 2018
74 posts
165 upvotes
3258 Cork St Guelph,…
This is the machine using the big capsule. Sounds a good price. Has any deal for compatible capsules?
Feb 2, 2015
487 posts
117 upvotes
FDunnF wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 8:22 pm
This is the machine using the big capsule. Sounds a good price. Has any deal for compatible capsules?
I don't think there are compatible pods yet since there is still patent on this? Could be wrong though...
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1853 posts
260 upvotes
Red Deer
iddqd85 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 7:54 pm
I would hope a $1500 espresso machine would beat nespresso capsules :)
I myself haven't been spoiled enough with coffee to justify investing that much money upfront, I have most likely spent that much on nespresso machine and capsules over two years of ownership though.
I hope people don't get discouraged by the upfront cost, because either way you end up paying about the same, upfront or over time.

Take my family for example, between my wife and I we average about 3 drinks total per day. With Nespresso it's about 95c each (Vertuo double-espresso pods) whereas with the Barista Touch and a quality bean it works out about 25c each. That's a daily premium for us of $2.10 with Nespresso (or in other words, a $2.10 saving per day for the other machine). So in our case, we would achieve a break even point in total cost in 1.5 years. Now if we drank any more than that 3/day average (for example, if we entertained guests from time to time) or we end up owning the machine for more than 1.5 years (not unreasonable), the cost benefit tilts towards the Breville.

All this to say, people should do the math for their usage. They may be surprised by the latent value of an expensive machine. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1997 posts
540 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Rob76 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:11 am
I hope people don't get discouraged by the upfront cost, because either way you end up paying about the same, upfront or over time.

Take my family for example, between my wife and I we average about 3 drinks total per day. With Nespresso it's about 95c each (Vertuo double-espresso pods) whereas with the Barista Touch and a quality bean it works out about 25c each. That's a daily premium for us of $2.10 with Nespresso (or in other words, a $2.10 saving per day for the other machine). So in our case, we would achieve a break even point in total cost in 1.5 years. Now if we drank any more than that 3/day average (for example, if we entertained guests from time to time) or we end up owning the machine for more than 1.5 years (not unreasonable), the cost benefit tilts towards the Breville.

All this to say, people should do the math for their usage. They may be surprised by the latent value of an expensive machine. :)
Would the touch version make better coffee then the cheaper breville?
https://www.amazon.ca/Breville-BES870XL ... s=breville
Jan 1, 2013
348 posts
163 upvotes
POINTE-CLAIRE
madToothBrush wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 4:39 pm
I bought the same combo from Costco online for $200 in Christmas week. Also, I used $50 coupon which I had received for membership renewal, for this order.
Noticed several models were listed as sold-out on Bay website yesterday...was hoping for a weekend coupon but pounced on deal before I was shut out. Tks OP

Now, not to sidetrack this thread....but how/where did you get a $50 coupon for Costco renewal.
Mar 29, 2013
62 posts
43 upvotes
Surrey
sold out now it seems ON nespresso, but the bay is still alive
Last edited by bizznatches on Jan 10th, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 22, 2012
155 posts
46 upvotes
East Van
Thanks OP.
Browsed the other machines on sale and ordered the Lattissima One for $269 from $449.
(The Bay has same deal, but with an additional colour to choose from)
Apr 10, 2017
629 posts
211 upvotes
lenz33 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 2:32 pm
Have been watching Nespresso for a long time now , and still cannot decide if owning one is practical. I know that the coffee from Nespresso is great - tasted it many times BUT the scarcity and the price of the pods makes me hesitate each time. If the pods were available everywhere, I would have caved in by now regardless of the price. The fact that I have to buy on-line or go out of my way to get the pods is a deal breaker. Keurig - as lousy as the coffee is - is much more convenient.
Problem solved here: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-coffee-maker-es ... nFlag=true

I've had the Latissima Pro machine which is one of the top of the line machines Nespresso has. Aside from the great coffee it provides, I like the fact it heats up the water in 20 secs and makes my coffee in only about another 20 secs. It's super fast and I don't like the wait in the manual grinder or the Keurigs which takes so long to heat up and is very watery

My only regret with Nespresso is buying a machine this expensive (I did get a deal from an employee, don't ask, he's gone). I think I would've been fine with the separate frother instead of the built in one I got and may have saved $150-200.

I have no problem acquiring pods. There's tons of sources out there and some I think even do orders over the phone and they mail it out