Expired Hot Deals

[Nespresso] YMMV Nespresso Private Sale is back ($29 vertuo when you purchase 350 capsules)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 11:04 am
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3792 posts
1544 upvotes
BC
I don't need anymore hardware, now I just want cheap pods.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1314 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have issues with their Aeroccino 3 frother not frothing milk properly? My first one worked great out of the box, then it stopped creating froth/foam and only warmed the milk. I sent it in for repair and they sent me a replacement unit. That one frothed okay, but there were burn marks in one area at the bottom so I sent it in for repair and they replaced it again. New one just got here and first froth just warmed the milk. Hoping it will take a few attempts to "break in" the machine before it starts frothing properly, but wondering if anyone has had any similar issues and/or has any recommendations/guidance?
Sep 11, 2019
12 posts
19 upvotes
Mississauga
Correct me if I'm wrong but I just bought the Vertuo machine with the Aeroccino last week on the previous promotion, it was $69 machine with the 200 pods purchase.
The total with tax works out to be right around $300.
Nov 24, 2014
138 posts
93 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
jumperson22 wrote: Anyone have issues with their Aeroccino 3 frother not frothing milk properly? My first one worked great out of the box, then it stopped creating froth/foam and only warmed the milk. I sent it in for repair and they sent me a replacement unit. That one frothed okay, but there were burn marks in one area at the bottom so I sent it in for repair and they replaced it again. New one just got here and first froth just warmed the milk. Hoping it will take a few attempts to "break in" the machine before it starts frothing properly, but wondering if anyone has had any similar issues and/or has any recommendations/guidance?
Use mine since 2013 and I never have any problems with my aeroccino 3. It still makes good foam.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1019 posts
1489 upvotes
KyleZ857 wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but I just bought the Vertuo machine with the Aeroccino last week on the previous promotion, it was $69 machine with the 200 pods purchase.
The total with tax works out to be right around $300.
Typically the reason people buy the private sale is to cut down the cost of the capsules. As the Vertuo is cheaper than your promo, you get more “bang for your buck” as you are buying it for the pods anyways.

Sure you are paying for in terms of dollars for this promo but the cost for pods is cheaper in the long run.
Jul 3, 2019
157 posts
210 upvotes
btsats wrote: The offer is only available to those that have an account and have received the email btw.
I didn't receive the email, but logged in and it works on my account.
Jul 4, 2017
14 posts
If someone could lend me their account and coupon that would be great. Looking to buy the Vertuo but the offer is not available to me
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3282 posts
893 upvotes
GTA
We mainly just pick up those Lavazza pods when we see them on sale for like $3-$4. Are there any other suggested pods from stores aside from these 'official' pods that people rate?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1122 posts
1440 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Are they still doing subscriptions?

Subscriptions use to be a good deal than these buy 300-400 capsule requirements, although I can't seem to find any info on it anymore.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8319 posts
4585 upvotes
ON
InthaBrain wrote: 56$ for 50 capsules, so 390$ for 350 capsules...

their coffee is overpriced versus quality. you will get much better coffee with a basic espresso machine for much less
There's one in every thread...
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1231 posts
395 upvotes
Montreal,QC
jumperson22 wrote: Anyone have issues with their Aeroccino 3 frother not frothing milk properly? My first one worked great out of the box, then it stopped creating froth/foam and only warmed the milk. I sent it in for repair and they sent me a replacement unit. That one frothed okay, but there were burn marks in one area at the bottom so I sent it in for repair and they replaced it again. New one just got here and first froth just warmed the milk. Hoping it will take a few attempts to "break in" the machine before it starts frothing properly, but wondering if anyone has had any similar issues and/or has any recommendations/guidance?
I read online and from my experience it's the milk you're using might not be suitable to create foam for the aeroccino, there's YouTube videos on it too.

I used organic milk from Costco, I thought 3.8% would be great but NO. it didn't create great foam. try different types of milk and try a lower fat%. it helps foam better.

some milk will foam so much (too much air) that I have to stop it before it gets too much air.

EDIT: link to back up my saying:
https://coffeeinfo.wordpress.com/does-all-milk-foam/
better source:
Ricardo has a university teacher in nutrition/ food science behind their food chemistry articles
https://www.ricardocuisine.com/en/artic ... -milk-foam
Last edited by irodeo on Aug 4th, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1314 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
irodeo wrote: I read online and from my experience it's the milk you're using might not be suitable to create foam for the aeroccino, there's YouTube videos on it too.

I used organic milk from Costco, I thought 3.8% would be great but NO. it didn't create great foam. try different types of milk and try a lower fat%. it helps foam better.

some milk will foam so much (too much air) that I have to stop it before it gets too much air
Damn, maybe is the organic 2% milk from Costco that I'm using. I'll try a different brand next time and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the tip!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
1231 posts
395 upvotes
Montreal,QC
jumperson22 wrote: Damn, maybe is the organic 2% milk from Costco that I'm using. I'll try a different brand next time and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the tip!
look at this link. I googled it quickly. I remember reading something similar on Nespresso troubleshooting.
https://coffeeinfo.wordpress.com/does-all-milk-foam/

in summary: use fresh milk and lower fat content
Feb 24, 2012
249 posts
75 upvotes
TORONTO
jumperson22 wrote: Damn, maybe is the organic 2% milk from Costco that I'm using. I'll try a different brand next time and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the tip!
Freshness of milk is for sure one important contributing factor. Also shake the milk before frothing it. I use 2% Nelson milk and it gives me a lot of foam, but when milk remains in fridge 4-5 days, regardless of its expiry day, the amount of foam I get decreases.

About temperature, mine never gave me hot milk, it always has been warm. Since I usually prefer warm beverages to hot, and since I have another machine with a steamer wand that brings milk to boil, I have not followed up, but would be nice if my Nesspresso warms up milk a bit more.
Feb 23, 2010
106 posts
89 upvotes
For what it's worth, in case any of you aren't already aware, the Nespresso subscription service is still live where you get a machine for $1, practically free. Various 40 to 60 per month subscriptions which go to credit to buy pods (or anything else at the store)

Edit: *link removed, was Australian! I guess canadian not avail now*

Varying from the cheaper plan for ESSENZA MINI at $40/month to VERTUOPLUS DELUXE & AEROCCINO3 at $60/month.

Makes sense if you are going to buy the coffee pods anyway and I haven't really seen the prices vary much unless you buy third party.

secretalcoholic wrote: Are they still doing subscriptions?

Subscriptions use to be a good deal than these buy 300-400 capsule requirements, although I can't seem to find any info on it anymore.
Edit: Saw secretalcohol post about the subscriptions after I posted! [Strikethrough]Yes it is still live.[/strikethrough]

Edit2: You can use your subscription credit and still get the discounted machine promo

Edit 3: wow i guess they pulled the plug on subscriptions in Canada. Sorry the link I had was Australian.
Last edited by paradoll on Aug 5th, 2020 10:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.