Expired Hot Deals

[Nespresso] YMMV Nespresso Private Sale is back ($29 vertuo when you purchase 350 capsules)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 11:04 am
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1759 posts
2303 upvotes
Halifax
I bought a coffee machine and the coffee was crap. So I bought a Keurig.... with the different capsules available. But then I heard about Tassimo and I went out and bought one with cappuccino disks .... and it was crap. So I got rid of that and got the Nespresso and pods. That was more to my liking for a while, but your taste buds get pretty sophisticated pretty fast. So I went out and bought the Javabot coffee machine for 1 MILLION dollars .....and the coffee tasted like crap too. The first one was crap one, and this one was crap two. I finally ended up buying the googlepod coffee machine which is the highest quality machine you can buy. Tasted like crap.

So then I said "hey, maybe it's my water!"

(paraphrased from Steve Martin)
Feb 23, 2010
106 posts
89 upvotes
tdracer wrote: I bought a coffee machine and the coffee was crap. So I bought a Keurig.... with the different capsules available. But then I heard about Tassimo and I went out and bought one with cappuccino disks .... and it was crap. So I got rid of that and got the Nespresso and pods. That was more to my liking for a while, but your taste buds get pretty sophisticated pretty fast. So I went out and bought the Javabot coffee machine for 1 MILLION dollars .....and the coffee tasted like crap too. The first one was crap one, and this one was crap two. I finally ended up buying the googlepod coffee machine which is the highest quality machine you can buy. Tasted like crap.

So then I said "hey, maybe it's my water!"

(paraphrased from Steve Martin)
Sounsd like this is why there is a premium for Kopi luwak
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6192 posts
1035 upvotes
Ontario
coopercold wrote: Got the "sorry you're ineligible" message when I tried. Loudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying Face

I don't think they're sorry at all!!
LOL got the same message.
RFD is making me broke thanks to all the great deals I take part in, and I don't know if I should be happy or sad.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3029 posts
2747 upvotes
InthaBrain wrote: 56$ for 50 capsules, so 390$ for 350 capsules...

their coffee is overpriced versus quality. you will get much better coffee with a basic espresso machine for much less
these are vertuo prices I guess ....original line starts at around 75 cents per capsule
Jan 28, 2013
307 posts
200 upvotes
Vancouver
Personally, I think Nespresso is good if you’re looking for a coffee shop alternative.

I’m much better off using 1-2 capsules a day (~$1.50), versus spending $4-5 at Starbucks. Sure, I could buy my own beans and grind them. But for the convenience and ease of use, I’ll more than happy to pay the premium.
Nov 19, 2018
44 posts
85 upvotes
BC
paradoll wrote: For what it's worth, in case any of you aren't already aware, the Nespresso subscription service is still live where you get a machine for $1, practically free. Various 40 to 60 per month subscriptions which go to credit to buy pods (or anything else at the store)

https://www.nespresso.com/au/en/machine-subscription#/

Varying from the cheaper plan for ESSENZA MINI at $40/month to VERTUOPLUS DELUXE & AEROCCINO3 at $60/month.

Makes sense if you are going to buy the coffee pods anyway and I haven't really seen the prices vary much unless you buy third party.

Edit: Saw secretalcohol post about the subscriptions after I posted! Yes it is still live.

Edit2: You can use your subscription credit and still get the discounted machine promo
That's the Australian website though. As far as I know, the subscription plan isn't available in Canada anymore.
Jan 20, 2012
687 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
Didn’t get any email for promo but works in my account.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1128 posts
1447 upvotes
Canada, eh?
paradoll wrote: For what it's worth, in case any of you aren't already aware, the Nespresso subscription service is still live where you get a machine for $1, practically free. Various 40 to 60 per month subscriptions which go to credit to buy pods (or anything else at the store)

Varying from the cheaper plan for ESSENZA MINI at $40/month to VERTUOPLUS DELUXE & AEROCCINO3 at $60/month.

Makes sense if you are going to buy the coffee pods anyway and I haven't really seen the prices vary much unless you buy third party.

Edit: Saw secretalcohol post about the subscriptions after I posted! Yes it is still live.

Edit2: You can use your subscription credit and still get the discounted machine promo
Yeah I went with the subscription instead back then cause there was no way I’d be able to drink 300 capsules before they expired Face With Tears Of Joy

Rather have account credits for accessories and order capsules in smaller amounts.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1270 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto, ON

I have been telling people the subscription deal for years but it seems it is still not widely known.
I ask shop associates. it seems they would only give you a piece of paper and ask you to go the website if you ask specifically for it - they are definitely not actively promoting it.
Aug 19, 2015
73 posts
40 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ericw wrote: I have been telling people the subscription deal for years but it seems it is still not widely known.
I ask shop associates. it seems they would only give you a piece of paper and ask you to go the website if you ask specifically for it - they are definitely not actively promoting it.
Is it still available though here in Canada? I will be a new customer subscribing to Nespresso and would appreciate if I get the machine for cheap!
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1270 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto, ON
abalian wrote: Is it still available though here in Canada? I will be a new customer subscribing to Nespresso and would appreciate if I get the machine for cheap!
Mmmm. it seems they recently removed it from the website and replaced it with 10% bonus credit in Canada??? It was still there pre-covid I think.
Jan 6, 2010
461 posts
524 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I've decided to stop buying from Nespresso following their COVID marketing. They temporarily lowered their minimum purchase for free shipping to like 50$, then 30$, then it was with 50 capsules, and now they've gone up to a minimum purchase of 99$ because "our stores have reopened". That's even more expensive than pre-COVID.

When I confronted them about it, they justified it by saying "This allows for more flexibility in terms of the contents of your order, whether you decide to order capsules, accessories or a machine." I don't think they understand what flexibility is.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1060 posts
451 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Gave this deal an upvote to bring it back to zero. Like everything on RFDs, this deal may not appeal to everyone but for some of us it is worthwhile. Bought a second Originaline for travel, Pixie seemed a better deal than the mini although we did want a small machine, gonna try to find a case to put it in and bring it to the cottage or on vacation.
#melnykout
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8335 posts
4607 upvotes
ON
Deriot wrote: I've decided to stop buying from Nespresso following their COVID marketing. They temporarily lowered their minimum purchase for free shipping to like 50$, then 30$, then it was with 50 capsules, and now they've gone up to a minimum purchase of 99$ because "our stores have reopened". That's even more expensive than pre-COVID.

When I confronted them about it, they justified it by saying "This allows for more flexibility in terms of the contents of your order, whether you decide to order capsules, accessories or a machine." I don't think they understand what flexibility is.
So you're sour because they lost money during covid closures by eating the shipping cost on lower value sales to help people out and now they raised the minimum back to a limit that will cover their expenses ? I should stop buying from them since they don't give out free coffee by the same logic...
Feb 4, 2016
108 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto, ON
InthaBrain wrote: 56$ for 50 capsules, so 390$ for 350 capsules...

their coffee is overpriced versus quality. you will get much better coffee with a basic espresso machine for much less
Have any of you tried to refill the capsules with your favorite ground coffee to bring the cost down, and how did it work out?
I saw some hacks about that and am curious if it can give you the quality you want as you can use your favorite ingredient.