Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Nest & Best Buy] Free Google Home Mini when pre-order Nest Hello door bell for $299 and extra coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2018 2:05 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4236 posts
1819 upvotes
, ON

[Nest & Best Buy] Free Google Home Mini when pre-order Nest Hello door bell for $299 and extra coupon

Deal Link:
Expiry:
March 14, 2018
If you pre-order Nest Hello door bell directly from Nest store Canada by March 14, they will include Google Home mini for free.

I think it is a hot deal for those who plan to get Nest Hello door bell anyway

Free Shipping also.

https://store.nest.com/ca/product/nest-hello/NC5100EF

Best Buy also running the same promotion you get $$ off if you spend certain $$$ on smart home products

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/Search/Sea ... st%20hello

​Spend $500 or more on Smart Home Products and receive $80 off
​Spend $350 or more on Smart Home Products and receive $50 off
​Spend $200 or more on Smart Home Products and receive $25 off
Last edited by anotherbargainhunter on Feb 24th, 2018 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
98 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4909 posts
4914 upvotes
Ontario
I considered one these if I could run my own servers / cloud. I live in a Remote location really bad internet not even 1mbps on a good day.
---
Aug 3, 2016
23 posts
3 upvotes
Is there a big difference between Nest Hello doorbell and ring video doorbell?
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5832 posts
1676 upvotes
dreaderus wrote:
Thanks.

That was somewhat painful to watch lol. He talked slow with awkward pauses. Plus he didn't really compare the 2 products.
Jan 22, 2003
300 posts
192 upvotes
I'd ordered this back in December and then thought to myself... $300 for a doorbell. Even if it does have a camera. Yup.
Nov 29, 2015
166 posts
94 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Looks good but $10/month for video recording and facial recognition kills it for me.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4236 posts
1819 upvotes
, ON
BarcaXtreme wrote: Looks good but $10/month for video recording and facial recognition kills it for me.
It is starting from $5/month or $50 for the year.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1649 posts
1813 upvotes
anotherbargainhunter wrote: It is starting from $5/month or $50 for the year.
I bought the canary and netetamo from Home Depot when they dropped... If I knew I could have added five to a single account I would have bought them all.

Is this the same? can two door bells share the same account?

Mp
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4236 posts
1819 upvotes
, ON
Best Buy is also running the same promotion plus extra $$$$ off coupon. OP has been updated
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5485 posts
2762 upvotes
Ring will replace your doorbell if someone physically removes/steals it.

Does Nest have a similar coverage/insurance?
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1876 posts
1818 upvotes
Maple leafs
Cancelled my order through nest.

Reordered with bestbuy, and also a leviton dimmer to get the $350 for $50 off promo.

Great deal for me
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1443 posts
376 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks. Had already pre-ordered to get the free home but will redo to get the $25 off.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4236 posts
1819 upvotes
, ON
U4LIFE wrote: Cancelled my order through nest.

Reordered with bestbuy, and also a leviton dimmer to get the $350 for $50 off promo.

Great deal for me
You are welcome! Don't forget to upvote!
Mar 15, 2005
869 posts
819 upvotes
Can't seem to find to many details about integrations with other nest or Google home products. Does anyone know if the doorbell or two way voice can work through Google home devices, or if the nest app for android tv can receive an alert when the doorbell rings and bring the video feed?

Would be sold on this if I had the ability while watching nvidia shield in the basement, if doorbell rings, movie pauses and up comes the feed of the front door.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
My problem with all of these (consumer cameras in general) is that you're not in control of it, it's cloud or nothing. The only data channel is WiFi, no Ethernet options. And the cloud access is never cheap.

On the other hand the usual ip cam suspects that are reasonably priced have middling picture quality, bad motion detection, and always way too narrow field of view.

I wish someone would make an actually good outdoor PoE camera that supports standard ipcam protocols.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2293 posts
1413 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
I hate how nest is slowly turning into home security company complete with monthly fees.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4236 posts
1819 upvotes
, ON
BinaryJay wrote: My problem with all of these (consumer cameras in general) is that you're not in control of it, it's cloud or nothing. The only data channel is WiFi, no Ethernet options. And the cloud access is never cheap.

On the other hand the usual ip cam suspects that are reasonably priced have middling picture quality, bad motion detection, and always way too narrow field of view.

I wish someone would make an actually good outdoor PoE camera that supports standard ipcam protocols.
ssjlancer wrote: I hate how nest is slowly turning into home security company complete with monthly fees.
You don't need to subscribe monthly cloud service if you don't need recording capability. You can live stream for free. If you need cloud service the cheapest one is $50 for the whole year for 5 days history. Most people spend more than this on Starbucks per month so I think it is reasonable.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4236 posts
1819 upvotes
, ON
discoblues wrote: Can't seem to find to many details about integrations with other nest or Google home products. Does anyone know if the doorbell or two way voice can work through Google home devices, or if the nest app for android tv can receive an alert when the doorbell rings and bring the video feed?

Would be sold on this if I had the ability while watching nvidia shield in the basement, if doorbell rings, movie pauses and up comes the feed of the front door.
If you google it, you will find it. I found articles that say it will work with Google home. Also on Nvidia website it says you can download Nest app and control. So it looks like they both are compatible.