Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Nest & Best Buy] Free Google Home Mini when pre-order Nest Hello door bell for $299 and extra coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2018 2:05 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
softech wrote: agreed.. I have been avoiding Chinese network equipment and camera.. there have been report about that some of them packed with extra features: secretly sending data back to China

btw, again.. anyone ordered anything from www.pc-canada.com? is that good and reliable?
I would not be surprised. There have been cases of this kind of data mining happening with cheap tablets, and even chinese keyboards.

This is easy to protect yourself from though, just add a firewall rule to disallow traffic to WAN from the IP of the untrusted device. Assuming of course, you are not relying on some cloud service. That will completely take away their ability to phone home even if they wanted to.
Feb 15, 2005
627 posts
282 upvotes
Calgary
BinaryJay wrote: Those are just the same chinese junk, rebranded for more money than anybody ought to spend.
To each their own. I'm just telling my personal thoughts from real experience. You discriminating against an entire country and all its companies is very narrow minded in my opinion.

hikvision owns ezviz and is the largest industrial surveillance producer in the world. Governments, jails, hospitals, etc all use hikvision. This is their residential line. Search RFD for many positive reviews.

Here's an article about how Ring was even sending data to China.. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.forbes. ... g-out/amp/
"There’s a stigma of anything going to China is bad. But a lot of this stuff is made and maintained in China."

I own a ring doorbell, but I'll be selling in the summer. The outdoor ezviz camera with motion detection and ifttt capabilities more than make up for it, without the need for monthly subscription.

While expressing opinion, Arlo pro was my preferred choice because it has 7 day free cloud, but it doesn't work under - 20.
I haven't found another non-cloud service that fits my needs except ezviz. (Also tried Toucan system, but 3 hr free playback and lack of night vision made me return those).
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
evilution wrote: While expressing opinion, Arlo pro was my preferred choice because it has 7 day free cloud, but it doesn't work under - 20.
I haven't found another non-cloud service that fits my needs except ezviz. (Also tried Toucan system, but 3 hr free playback and lack of night vision made me return those).
I find the operating temperatures listed on products to be very conservative. I have a number of devices like a smart switch in my uninsulated, unheated, detached garage which by all accounts should not work for a whole month of the year according to the manufacturer but it works just fine no matter how cold (or boiling hot) it gets.

I just can't see having to recharge those Arlos not getting old after a while (that and lithium batteries tending to just not last very long especially in temperature swings). They seem extremely expensive for their specs too. It's hard to win in this game.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4237 posts
1821 upvotes
, ON
softech wrote: no one can command about pc-canada.com? debating should I go with bestbuy for reward zone points.. or this place for cheaper.. but I know nothing about..tx
Why would anyone command them? Command them to do what?
Feb 15, 2005
627 posts
282 upvotes
Calgary
BinaryJay wrote: I find the operating temperatures listed on products to be very conservative. I have a number of devices like a smart switch in my uninsulated, unheated, detached garage which by all accounts should not work for a whole month of the year according to the manufacturer but it works just fine no matter how cold (or boiling hot) it gets.

I just can't see having to recharge those Arlos not getting old after a while (that and lithium batteries tending to just not last very long especially in temperature swings). They seem extremely expensive for their specs too. It's hard to win in this game.
Arlo pro stopped working from real experience at -20.

There is a solar option but that doesn't work for Arlo pro 2, and I agree, the price is steep.
Honestly, I shopped around and tried to balance things and I'm just stating ezviz is great for price, and convenience of set up / maintenance, etc.
If you encounter anything better, I'm all open.
Jan 14, 2008
842 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
For those still looking, and want to pick it up locally instead of waiting for it to ship, was able to price match it today at home depot to get the home mini free as they have the nest already in stock.. I went this route instead of waiting for it to ship..
They mentioned they would have reduced the price by 79.99 if they didnt have the mini in stock.
Aug 19, 2006
7 posts
1 upvote
Kitchener
gc99 wrote: For those still looking, and want to pick it up locally instead of waiting for it to ship, was able to price match it today at home depot to get the home mini free as they have the nest already in stock.. I went this route instead of waiting for it to ship..
They mentioned they would have reduced the price by 79.99 if they didnt have the mini in stock.
Nest Hello already in stock at HD ??
Jan 14, 2008
842 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
gsrnicek wrote: Nest Hello already in stock at HD ??
yes - instore only
installing it in my home already
also a few reviewers on YouTube picked it up from hd locally in ontario
dont forget to pricematch above for the free mini or credit
take along a printout from the ring website and bestbuy to hd customer service desk
Jan 14, 2008
842 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
im just installing it now, initial impressions is the hardware is good
fwiw it includes an angle bracket in the package, so you can angle the doorbell if its going in an odd spot.
i know for ring pro that needs to be bought separately
Dec 16, 2006
115 posts
91 upvotes
Edmonton
gc99 wrote: im just installing it now, initial impressions is the hardware is good
fwiw it includes an angle bracket in the package, so you can angle the doorbell if its going in an odd spot.
i know for ring pro that needs to be bought separately
Unlike most here, I'm a big nest fan. I'd be interested in your review when it's working. I already have a couple nest outdoor and I'm generally happy.
Feb 7, 2012
762 posts
1513 upvotes
Toronto
gc99 wrote: For those still looking, and want to pick it up locally instead of waiting for it to ship, was able to price match it today at home depot to get the home mini free as they have the nest already in stock.. I went this route instead of waiting for it to ship..
were you able to get them to beat the price by 10% ? not sure if they would do it for deal matching as you're not really price matching
Oct 13, 2010
51 posts
7 upvotes
gc99 wrote: yes - instore only
installing it in my home already
also a few reviewers on YouTube picked it up from hd locally in ontario
dont forget to pricematch above for the free mini or credit
take along a printout from the ring website and bestbuy to hd customer service desk
Just attempted to get a Google mini or get $80.00 off in the KW Area. The Manager working gave the big NO and ended up calling the other KW HD's as I tried the other Home Depots regarding this.

YMMV for sure. It all depends what Manager is working and if they agree with you. I even said to them you're losing out on sales as I can just go to Best Buy and pick up tomorrow with a Google Mini.

Oh well!
Jan 14, 2008
842 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
frugette wrote:
were you able to get them to beat the price by 10% ? not sure if they would do it for deal matching as you're not really price matching
yeaguy wrote:
Just attempted to get a Google mini or get $80.00 off in the KW Area. The Manager working gave the big NO and ended up calling the other KW HD's as I tried the other Home Depots regarding this.

YMMV for sure. It all depends what Manager is working and if they agree with you. I even said to them you're losing out on sales as I can just go to Best Buy and pick up tomorrow with a Google Mini.

Oh well!
I went to the brampton west (mississauga road) hd
The cs girl emily got this done, with approval from a manager (nice lady).
Didnt inquire on 10% price beat as i was excited to get it as im travelling soon
Attached is part of my receipt
Good luck
Images
  • Capture+_2018-03-15-17-56-22.png
Jan 14, 2008
842 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
prosonik wrote: Unlike most here, I'm a big nest fan. I'd be interested in your review when it's working. I already have a couple nest outdoor and I'm generally happy.
Yes im also a fan after they replaced my nest thermostat without hassle recently
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Anybody get a shipping notice from best buy yet? My order says it should be delivered tomorrow, but has not even been shipped yet. Would be nice if I had the weekend to hook it up as expected when I placed the order online.

Maybe they'll punish me for ordering when they had the extra $25 off on top of the free home mini.
Oct 23, 2011
49 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Just got an email that my order was cancelled. I ordered on the 14th to get the free google home mini. Anyone else get this email from nest?