Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Nest & Best Buy] Free Google Home Mini when pre-order Nest Hello door bell for $299 and extra coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2018 2:05 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1443 posts
376 upvotes
Calgary
warmdeals wrote: I like that they now have a $5 tier for Nest Aware. If I have multiple cameras, is it $5 for first one and $2.5 for each additional?
No, it is a smaller discount on the $5 tier for additional cameras, should be $3 each I believe or $30/yr.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
1514 posts
1955 upvotes
dr_jared88 wrote: It very well could be, I still have my doubts though. However the 3 free hours of snapchat history that they claim comes with the doorbell could be intriguing for the younger crowd.
I sent them an email. It says back ordered because they need a minimum of 4 orders before their distributor ships them out. They said their at 2/4 orders right now (1 of them being mine) and as soon as there's two more, they'll update me with shipping.

In my opinion they are significantly cheaper, so waiting another couple of days is worth it.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1755 posts
385 upvotes
I has been thinking the longest time... I asked if this is a reliable place.. no one replied me.. if not.. I would have ordered and you would only need to wait for only 1 more... ;)
Feb 21, 2018
71 posts
32 upvotes
U4LIFE wrote: Hmm just looking at the specs.. the hello only goes down to -10c?!?!

What the heck nest, your other outdoor cams are rated for much more.

I am half tempted to cancel my order, as like anywhere in Canada winter does below -10c on a regular basis.
Hmmm you are right! Thanks! I have a concern now how this will perform during winter. We can't test it now since winter is over in Toronto.
Aug 29, 2008
6 posts
I just ordered, there should be at least three orders now.
Jan 22, 2010
182 posts
165 upvotes
Regina
U4LIFE wrote: Hmm just looking at the specs.. the hello only goes down to -10c?!?!

What the heck nest, your other outdoor cams are rated for much more.

I am half tempted to cancel my order, as like anywhere in Canada winter does below -10c on a regular basis.
I seen this answered by nest on Twitter. Their response is that the temperature indicated is the operating temperature of the device. And that if it is always running then the heat from the device will keep it above that temperature.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1755 posts
385 upvotes
dr_jared88 wrote: I seen this answered by nest on Twitter. Their response is that the temperature indicated is the operating temperature of the device. And that if it is always running then the heat from the device will keep it above that temperature.
Toronto temp can go as low as -25 at least couple time a year. don't think the camera heat itself will warm it up to -10..

but will see how many die next winter... it has 2 years warranty? or just 1?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
1514 posts
1955 upvotes
rwptbo wrote: No stock though and ETA for backorder to come in.
I emailed them, it has to do with their distributor. They need a minimum of 4 orders and they get shipped. They were at 2 orders when I emailed them.
Banned
Mar 15, 2018
6 posts
rainor94 wrote: I emailed them, it has to do with their distributor. They need a minimum of 4 orders and they get shipped. They were at 2 orders when I emailed them.
That's pretty common with all Nest products, we usually have everything in stock and if we only need 1 out of a 4 pack, we'll still order it since they do sell pretty fast.
Banned
Mar 15, 2018
6 posts
softech wrote: rwptbo.. are u pc Canada?
No, I run CompLink.ca. I'm saying we don't have customers waiting for us to get enough to sell a full pack before we ship the order. We carry all Nest products and keep them in stock!

No need waiting for enough orders to come in before we ship your items especially with Nest or any of the other smart home brands (August, Ring, or ecobee)
Feb 21, 2018
71 posts
32 upvotes
Hmm now this is giving me second thought.
softech wrote: Toronto temp can go as low as -25 at least couple time a year. don't think the camera heat itself will warm it up to -10..

Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
The bestbuy delivery which bestbuy originally promised to get to me on Friday that they didn't ship in time, has now resulted in a pick up notice as they tried to deliver it during the one 20 minute period I was not at home today picking the kids up from school.

So annoying. I was all set to install the thing today.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
softech wrote: Toronto temp can go as low as -25 at least couple time a year. don't think the camera heat itself will warm it up to -10..

The warranty is two years. They won't die. Worst case is with operating temperature especially on the low end is that they can't guarantee it will be 100%, like the picture may become a little blurry or something.

To put into perspective, I had an hdhomerun in my detached garage completely uninsulated or climate controlled for years and it worked 100% fine all the time even though it had a listed operating temperature range of only 0C to 40C. It still works fine to this day.
Feb 21, 2018
71 posts
32 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: The bestbuy delivery which bestbuy originally promised to get to me on Friday that they didn't ship in time, has now resulted in a pick up notice as they tried to deliver it during the one 20 minute period I was not at home today picking the kids up from school.

So annoying. I was all set to install the thing today.
oh my......first world problem I guess lol

Mine came today.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Just finished installing. I was worried that chime connector wouldn't fit in my mechanical chime but it's smaller than it looked in videos and images somehow. It was easy peasy, had to drill through stone to mount it but the included masonry bit is actually not bad... still wouldn't have wanted to do it without a hammer drill though.

Video feed quality is great. For some reason it can't see my 5ghz network even though the router is on the main floor maybe 25 feet away.

When I ring it, my google homes all ding dong along with my bell chime and announce that I'm at the front door by name. Cool stuff.

Only complaint, even though my doorbell is mounted parallel with the door and I don't think a crazy unusual distance away from it, if I stand moderately close to the door I get out of it's field of view when it's showing full screen on the phone. It still sees everything, but when the video is shown in the app it is cropped by default to fit the phone screen. I wish I could change the default area that it crops to for this purpose... I guess I can "suggest" it somewhere, it's a new product so as with everything nest I expect it to be continually improved.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1755 posts
385 upvotes
got mine yesterday, too

pre-ordered through Bestbuy in the end.. it supposed to be arrived on 19th.. but it was shipped last thur from B.C. and changed the arrival date to 21st. Surprise.. got it on time .. 19th.

installation was easy.. honest. i am no handyman and if i said easy.. it is easy.. I am lucky enough that I got it all set up the first attempt. Some ppl on Reddit failed the first time.. has to re-do 2nd time to work.. they all said not sure why

video quality was good. .except with my setting, I have to put it on the door frame which is perpendicular to the door . It has a widget (angular). which i thought was perfect in the beginning.. as Ring does not come with it and you have to pay $20 for one. However, the Widget is only 15 degrees.. the picture is still showing too much of the door and not enough of the other side. the one sold seperately for Ring is 45 degree or so..

however, i called Nest, they are shipping me a 2nd one free and hope I can put 2 widgets together and make it 30 degree... so.. in case you need it and you want to try.. call and ask.

so far no complain.. but i only installed it last night.. not really have much time trying.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
softech wrote: got mine yesterday, too

pre-ordered through Bestbuy in the end.. it supposed to be arrived on 19th.. but it was shipped last thur from B.C. and changed the arrival date to 21st. Surprise.. got it on time .. 19th.

installation was easy.. honest. i am no handyman and if i said easy.. it is easy.. I am lucky enough that I got it all set up the first attempt. Some ppl on Reddit failed the first time.. has to re-do 2nd time to work.. they all said not sure why

video quality was good. .except with my setting, I have to put it on the door frame which is perpendicular to the door . It has a widget (angular). which i thought was perfect in the beginning.. as Ring does not come with it and you have to pay $20 for one. However, the Widget is only 15 degrees.. the picture is still showing too much of the door and not enough of the other side. the one sold seperately for Ring is 45 degree or so..

however, i called Nest, they are shipping me a 2nd one free and hope I can put 2 widgets together and make it 30 degree... so.. in case you need it and you want to try.. call and ask.

so far no complain.. but i only installed it last night.. not really have much time trying.
Nah I don't need any wedge at all, the camera is pointing straight out away from the door... it's just the video crops too much of the feed that I want and not enough that I don't. I just need it to let me move the "view" it uses when you view on your phone over a bit to see everything, but the actual image that it picks up covers everything. Already posted to their community site whether anybody reads it or not is anybody's guess.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)