Computers & Electronics

Nest hello announcement in Lenovo Clock (or any other Google Home device)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 8:46 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3827 posts
1088 upvotes
GTA

Nest hello announcement in Lenovo Clock (or any other Google Home device)

Hi,

We have a Hello doorbell that is linked to the smart devices in home - several Home/Nest mini's and a few Lenovo smart clocks.
One of the smart clocks is on my son's desk - it works as a great alarm clock that he can ask quick questions, and also play music if he wants, without being able to watch videos.

My question is - is there any way for Hello doorbell to notify all other devices except this particular one? He gets distracted every time there is a visitor, and I don't want to completely turn off all notifications/announcements just because of this one device.
Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7544 posts
8120 upvotes
Vancouver
There's a Do Not Disturb mode that you can access in the Google Home settings or by voice command for each speaker. The only catch is that not all Google Assistant devices implemented this feature, and I don't know about the Lenovo clock.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3827 posts
1088 upvotes
GTA
Scote64 wrote: There's a Do Not Disturb mode that you can access in the Google Home settings or by voice command for each speaker. The only catch is that not all Google Assistant devices implemented this feature, and I don't know about the Lenovo clock.
Thanks. I will play around with it. Assuming that Lenovo clock supports DND mode, would he still be able to ask questions and get answers from Google? I read about it and it sounds to me it just turns off all notifications, voices, etc on that device.
I will check in the evening myself, just wondering if someone can confirm quick.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7544 posts
8120 upvotes
Vancouver
terry0703 wrote: Thanks. I will play around with it. Assuming that Lenovo clock supports DND mode, would he still be able to ask questions and get answers from Google? I read about it and it sounds to me it just turns off all notifications, voices, etc on that device.
I will check in the evening myself, just wondering if someone can confirm quick.
I just took a few seconds to try it on a Google Home Mini. Do Not Disturb mode does not disable normal Q&A, only external alarms and notifications. But it does annoyingly keep reminding you that it's in Do Not Disturb mode after answering a question. :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3827 posts
1088 upvotes
GTA
Scote64 wrote: I just took a few seconds to try it on a Google Home Mini. Do Not Disturb mode does not disable normal Q&A, only external alarms and notifications. But it does annoyingly keep reminding you that it's in Do Not Disturb mode after answering a question. :)
Thanks, yeah, I checked it too and it works as you described. I'm not bothered by that reminder, still perfect for my son to use for simple Q&As.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)