Expired Hot Deals

[Nest] Nest Outdoor Camera 2-pack $383. $115 off.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2018 3:47 pm
38 replies
Sep 25, 2015
388 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I expect prices could go even lower in the rare chance that Nest releases a new camera in the fall. I'm going to wait a couple months just in case. Worst case scenario, no new hardware release but Black Friday is not too far away.

Also, buy from USA if you can. The Canadian version doesn't have 5GHz support but US version does.
Oct 24, 2013
282 posts
352 upvotes
BELLEVILLE
The price might go down as Google will push for newer IQ version which works with Assistant but this is good deal
Indoor also on sale for $522- 3 Camers
Plus $5/month for 5 days cloud recording is great - annual is $50 - per camera and 50% off on additional cameras
Last edited by Ooooops on Jul 24th, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 12, 2012
44 posts
6 upvotes
TORONTO
Ooooops wrote: The price might go down as Google will push for newer IQ version which works with Assistant but this is good deal
Plus $5/month for 10day cloud recording is great - annual is $50 - per camera and 50% off on additional camera
Do you get access to the preferred nest aware pricing you’ve indicated here when you purchase a bundle? When I go to the nest site now it’s still indicating $5 /month /camera for 5 days of storage, not 10
Oct 24, 2013
282 posts
352 upvotes
BELLEVILLE
mccaule wrote: Do you get access to the preferred nest aware pricing you’ve indicated here when you purchase a bundle? When I go to the nest site now it’s still indicating $5 /month /camera for 5 days of storage, not 10
You are right it is 5 days not 10 for $5/month - edited
Thanks
Jan 6, 2009
110 posts
51 upvotes
Ooooops wrote: The price might go down as Google will push for newer IQ version which works with Assistant but this is good deal
Plus $5/month for 5 days cloud recording is great - annual is $50 - per camera and 50% off on additional cameras
for those not interested in paying a monthly fee, Costco now carry a Panasonic wifi camera.
Images
  • IMG_9284.JPG
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8621 posts
4990 upvotes
Toronto
Only thing I don't like is without a subscription you only get 3h history, which is pretty useless if something happens while asleep.
May 2, 2018
9 posts
29 upvotes
$368 at Bestbuy
$15 off spend $100 or more on smarthome
Mar 6, 2018
79 posts
43 upvotes
my arlo pro did not survive last winter ice storm, and their customer service isn’t supportive
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10340 posts
4812 upvotes
Ive been looking at these but dont want the monthly cost PER camera.
Arlo pro
lorex wireless 2 camera system is 449.

I would go nest if they had a pay 1 fee for all the items in your home or something better then 50% off for additional.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
May 14, 2008
304 posts
37 upvotes
Ottawa
davidm wrote: I've got a couple of these https://www.amazon.ca/Wansview-Wireless ... view+1080p

$90 one-time, then set up a copy of Motion or Zoneminder on an old PC with immediate offsite copies and you're done, no monthly fees, no-one can snoop on your life.
Can you link to the motion software? Zone minder looks like it doesn't work on windows, and I don't know how to setup linux. Also, can you elaborate on how you setup?
Aug 26, 2008
860 posts
406 upvotes
Montreal
maggieandyaothecats wrote: Can you link to the motion software? Zone minder looks like it doesn't work on windows, and I don't know how to setup linux. Also, can you elaborate on how you setup?
No exaggeration, you could set up a copy of Ubuntu Linux on a virtual machine or low-end PC/raspberry pi in less than an hour. It's really simple, download the distro, image it to a USB key (there are simple utilities for this) and boot off it on the PC, or use it under the VM, set it up with its super-friendly process, reboot. From there it's just a few cut-and-paste commands to set up zoneminder. https://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/st ... untu-16-04

Motion is lower-level so for someone who wants a does-it-all setup, zoneminder is probably the better choice. I use the lower-level approach, but there is a huge community around zoneminder.

My setup is an always-on onsite PC that the cameras copy motion-detected images to, then a process that copies those images to a remote pc, where I have some viewer software installed. With a large hard disk, the images are basically available forever. It's fun to compare them from year to year, and over time, with the open source basis of machine learning, functionality like object and individual recognition will be available without any need for privacy-surrendering cloud based functionality.
Last edited by davidm on Jul 24th, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 23, 2018
1 posts
I just priced matched this on online chat with Lowes. Sent them the link to the $15 promotion price for smart home with best buy. I got the quote for $334.34 before taxes.