Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 6, 2005
601 posts
3 upvotes

Nest Protect deals?

Hi there,

I remember last year there were several deals on Nest Protect devices (wired & battery powered) - but I can't seem to find any this year at the usual suspects (BB, HD, Lowes...).

Anyone have any recommendations on where to look this week?

Cheers!
There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!

H E A T W A R E
11 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
3563 posts
6482 upvotes
Kelowna
I'm hoping the same thing. Last year lots, this year 0. Help
To all RFD "Contest Entering" folk, look me up on Facebook or on Twitter
Mar 20, 2006
157 posts
11 upvotes
Just got a Black-friday email from Nest. Lots of stuff on sale but sadly no Protect. WTH?
[OP]
Aug 6, 2005
601 posts
3 upvotes
Yeah I got the same email... i guess there is always boxing day... but I was hoping to get these installed soon!
There are 10 kinds of people in the World...Those who understand binary, and those who dont!

H E A T W A R E
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
3563 posts
6482 upvotes
Kelowna
139.99 @ bestbuy.ca seems to be the best price I can find. I could have sworn these were $99 last year.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
3563 posts
6482 upvotes
Kelowna
I successfully PM'd Bestbuy with Homedepot for 3 x $126
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1401 posts
723 upvotes
Toronto
Side topic.. Has anyone installed Nest Protect on a guest network? Nest advises against this as the products may not be able to communicate with each other. I still want to do it for security purposes but I don't want to get on ladder to change things until I know it works :)

https://nest.com/ca/support/article/Typ ... t-products
Jul 7, 2009
11 posts
3 upvotes
I am in the need for 3 and hunting for them. It's $131.09 free shipping to Canada at B&H photo. I was wondering if Home Depot price-matches this.

B&H Photo $131.09
Nov 21, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
VertigoM wrote: Side topic.. Has anyone installed Nest Protect on a guest network? Nest advises against this as the products may not be able to communicate with each other. I still want to do it for security purposes but I don't want to get on ladder to change things until I know it works :)

https://nest.com/ca/support/article/Typ ... t-products
It will still work as Nest also uses it's own wireless protocol (Weave) for interconnect in a situation where the WiFi network is down. The guest network will prevent communication between devices using the WiFi network due to AP isolation. So in your case it will always use its own wireless protocol for interconnect even if the Nest is successfully connected to your guest WiFi. If you are tech savvy you can setup a separate WiFi SSID for smart home devices like I did which allows devices on that WiFi network to talk to each other and access the internet but can't talk to any of my local devices (my computers, NAS box, router setup interface, etc).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7390 posts
863 upvotes
TO
Nothing on sale at all for nest protect this year?
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
2139 posts
560 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Hope we get these on sale for christmas.