Careers

net take home for a yearly rate of 69000 CAD !

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2016 6:03 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 3, 2016
58 posts
5 upvotes

net take home for a yearly rate of 69000 CAD !

Hi all.

Talking about Ontario province, if someone is offered at yearly rate of 69000 CAD, what would be his approx net take home per month.
Thanks
19 replies
Mar 11, 2012
291 posts
76 upvotes
I always just divide by two for my take home. Depends on taxes/deductions (pension etc)
Jun 3, 2008
175 posts
187 upvotes
Newmarket
Should be around $51K with basic deductions.
There are quite a few free tax calculators on the web.
You'll need about 80% of that to pay your electric bill :)
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1808 posts
527 upvotes
https://simpletax.ca/calculator

Select province, enter income and done. It assumes only basic income tax credit. It doesn't include anything like moving expenses, medical expenses, or other specific tax credit. If you have RRSP contribution you can put that in.
Jul 15, 2009
160 posts
64 upvotes
Edmonton
The very quick way to figure out what your take home amount will be per pay cheque (2 weeks, 80 hours) is to divide your annual gross by 40. Slightly less if you're making less than $80000, a bit more if you're making over $80000.
So, in your case, $69000 gross will get you approximately $1650 per pay cheque. This is because you'll pay EI, CPP, LTD, STD, other company benefit programs, union dues, parking, etc, etc...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2013
5533 posts
1417 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Google take home pay calculator. I use the EEC Financial tool.
Consultant, Operator/Trucker
  • Oilfield & Industrial Services, Road Construction
  • Tax & Finance
  • In the Western Canadian Oilfield since 2013
[OP]
Mar 3, 2016
58 posts
5 upvotes
benjuotterly wrote: The very quick way to figure out what your take home amount will be per pay cheque (2 weeks, 80 hours) is to divide your annual gross by 40. Slightly less if you're making less than $80000, a bit more if you're making over $80000.
So, in your case, $69000 gross will get you approximately $1650 per pay cheque. This is because you'll pay EI, CPP, LTD, STD, other company benefit programs, union dues, parking, etc, etc...
$1650 is a biweekly pay cheque, is'nt it bit low !!
Jul 18, 2015
267 posts
87 upvotes
Petawawa, ON
Thats what I thought too.....
Nov 23, 2014
54 posts
18 upvotes
NCR
Doesn't sound that bad to me. I get a bi-weekly pay cheque of about $1,650 for a 77k salary in Quebec (still paying QPP deductions).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7648 posts
3005 upvotes
If you can't find the answer to this yourself, you don't deserve a $69,000 job.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5067 posts
2252 upvotes
LNahid2000 wrote: If you can't find the answer to this yourself, you don't deserve a $69,000 job.
Ontario Education System at its finest.

OP, like many others, was not taught real life applicable things at school.

Like how to develop a balanced budget.
May 9, 2016
66 posts
20 upvotes
renoldman wrote: Ontario Education System at its finest.

You really don't deserve a job if you have to be taught how to google.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2013
5533 posts
1417 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
renoldman wrote: Ontario Education System at its finest.

They hardly have much sexual education either. Like the significance of the condom or birth control. So these idiots will start pumping babies they can't afford to feed (and can hardly feed themselves to begin with). I'm an advocate for a revamping of the education system to teach more practical skills. Like OP's topic, this topic, how to change the oil in your car, how to unplug your toilet, how to swap the wheels on your car, how to make a budget, how to look for jobs, how to interview, etc.
  • Tax & Finance
Jul 15, 2009
160 posts
64 upvotes
Edmonton
ycanada wrote: $1650 is a biweekly pay cheque, is'nt it bit low !!
Using those net pay calculators many have suggested, the bi-weekly take home less tax, CPP and EI is $1969, but then nearly all employee needs to pay some form of insurance and/or benefit programs. Depending on your company. Take mine as example, I paid about $260 each pay cheque for dependent life premium, LTD premium, STD premium, group RRSP and parking. So your $1969 will now be $1709....approximately.
Jan 28, 2007
876 posts
68 upvotes
FirstGear wrote: They hardly have much sexual education either. Like the significance of the condom or birth control. So these idiots will start pumping babies they can't afford to feed (and can hardly feed themselves to begin with). I'm an advocate for a revamping of the education system to teach more practical skills. Like OP's topic, this topic, how to change the oil in your car, how to unplug your toilet, how to swap the wheels on your car, how to make a budget, how to look for jobs, how to interview, etc.
Thankfully cars that require oil changes will go the way of dodo in a few years. Cmon Google/Uber, step it up!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2013
5533 posts
1417 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
jetfirex2 wrote: Thankfully cars that require oil changes will go the way of dodo in a few years. Cmon Google/Uber, step it up!
I heard they were almost done making the male birth control too. A shot and you're good for 12 months. Shouldn't be that hard to teach compared to the more complicated version for the female birth control methods.
  • Tax & Finance
Jan 28, 2007
876 posts
68 upvotes
FirstGear wrote: I heard they were almost done making the male birth control too. A shot and you're good for 12 months. Shouldn't be that hard to teach compared to the more complicated version for the female birth control methods.
Except there are working and extremely simple birth control methods that don't need extensive teaching, just an ounce of brain really.