Entertainment

Netflix Don't Look Up (DiCaprio JLaw apocalypse comedy for Adam McKay)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2022 10:52 pm
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17433 posts
12779 upvotes
Toronto

Netflix Don't Look Up (DiCaprio JLaw apocalypse comedy for Adam McKay)

I think there's already a thread but in the mean time

21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6232 posts
4831 upvotes
If this movie and other films were briefly playing in limited theatres before streaming, why don't they ever have a CinemaScore from the audience? This will most likely have several Oscar nominations like "The Irishman" another Netflix movie from a couple years ago which also didn't have a CinemaScore.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1731 posts
1779 upvotes
Really enjoyed this movie too. There are 2 post credits scenes. Make sure you watch those.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
2045 posts
918 upvotes
Elgin, ON
Hindenburg1 wrote: Really enjoyed this movie too. There are 2 post credits scenes. Make sure you watch those.
Yeah, this post credit scenes were great. Really helped me come away from the movie laughing, instead of immediately feeling darker emotions.
Aug 26, 2007
55 posts
52 upvotes
rkjredflag wrote: I really enjoyed this movie.
Amazing movie. Reminded me of Mike Judge's 'Idiocracy'.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
I really enjoyed this movie too. I think it's the first Netflix movie I thoroughly enjoyed. They hit the odd TV show out of the park, but the movies are usually kind of meh. Pleasantly surprised with this one.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
I just finished it.

Cast is amazing. This is first Netflix exclusive I enjoyed and the END CREDITS is the cherry on top. Gold!!!
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3282 posts
1046 upvotes
Toronto
Definitely a great movie to end the year with!
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
Given that Rottentomatoes site shows 55%, I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. The performances were spot on, the satire was very blunt, but it felt like a relevant movie for our times....as a funny statement on the state of politics, media and science. That BASH Corp really gave me the creeps.....sorta like Google/Facebook/Apple all in one.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1803 posts
1303 upvotes
Toronto
I had hard time finishing this movie, the characters were so annoying and the type of comedy was just not for me.

But it is sad to realize that in reality the World as it is right now is heading to the same dumb direction as the story of the movie.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
3167 posts
3653 upvotes
Toronto
ToDealHunter wrote: I had hard time finishing this movie, the characters were so annoying and the type of comedy was just not for me.

But it is sad to realize that in reality the World as it is right now is heading to the same dumb direction as the story of the movie.
Have to agree i did not enjoy the movie at all, turned it off multiple times and kept going back hoping it would get better which it never did.

My wife and daughter on the other hand really enjoyed it, so there you go lots of people did enjoy the flick.
“Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age.....and dreams are forever.”
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6232 posts
4831 upvotes
This movie's only appeal was its star power of a cast. Lots of actors in the A-list. My favorite were Ariana Grande and Timothée Chalamet. My least favorite was Jonah Hill, can't stand him. However, lots of people love this wannabe actor like J. Law. LOL

Jennifer Lawrence Says It Was 'Really, Really Hard' Working With Jonah Hill On Netflix's Don't Look Up

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/jennifer-la ... 00307.html
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5182 posts
3058 upvotes
^ Yeah, didn't care much for Jonah Hill here. I didn't mind J Law because she's been laying low for some time. IMO some of the humor was kinda meh, but it was the message of the movie that resonated with me. IMO if we had a non A-list cast, and more serious writing at times, the impact would have been better.
Aug 22, 2011
322 posts
359 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Never thought I would turn off a DiCaprio movie. Got about 45 mins in and got so bored with it, movie just felt so cringe and forced.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10132 posts
10242 upvotes
Enjoyed it and finished it. It can feel a bit slow especially in beginning..but I think is that our world is so crazy that this movie didn't really feel like a comedy/satire

Cast was fine, the ending was one of funniest part of the movie for me
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
8355 posts
2267 upvotes
GTA
It was ok. Impressive cast for sure but writing was just lazy at times. If anyone wants to explore a darker but also more original version of this flick, check out God Bless America: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1912398
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
30106 posts
5547 upvotes
Montreal
NTWKid wrote: Never thought I would turn off a DiCaprio movie. Got about 45 mins in and got so bored with it, movie just felt so cringe and forced.
Di Caprio? I thought it was Leonard from big Bang theory

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)