Entertainment

Netflix Extraction (Chris Hemsworth action franchise - sequel June 16 2023 - third film announced TBA)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2023 3:31 pm
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17428 posts
12775 upvotes
Toronto

Netflix Extraction (Chris Hemsworth action franchise - sequel June 16 2023 - third film announced TBA)

I dunno why but when Hemsworth isn't playing the Marvel hero he just doesn't connect with movie audiences nor box office

Last edited by jenviea on Jun 17th, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
99 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2017
1343 posts
324 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
I think the MCU movies he does are his worst performances.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12013 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
brandonly wrote: I think the MCU movies he does are his worst performances.
fat thor was awesome
roommate thor too
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
jenviea wrote: I dunno why but when Hemsworth isn't playing the Marvel hero he just doesn't connect with movie audiences nor box office
You didn't like his performance in Rush? I thought it was great.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17428 posts
12775 upvotes
Toronto
DiceMan wrote: You didn't like his performance in Rush? I thought it was great.
I'm not an acting critic but I did enjoy the movie

I thought it didn't do well at the box office but it did maybe $95 million worldwide on a budget of only $38 mil so I guess that IS a feather in Hemsworth's cap

Maybe I've been unfair

Hunstman 1 receipts more than double its budget

The sequel grossed its budget and added another 40%

But Black Hat in the red ... worldwide box office less than a third of its budget, that's a bomb

In the Heart of the Sea fell short of making its budget back also a disappointment

Men in Black International did OK more than doubling its budget
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
gonna watch for sure
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Just saw the trailer, and not bad. Looks decent. Something to pass the time hehe.
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
Great movie. Loved it. Will probably watch it again in a couple of years. 9/10 for me as far as action movies go. Non stop action and pretty good story actually.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2013
1017 posts
344 upvotes
in a bubble
it was pretty good, lots of action....some scenes looked like they were filmed in one long shot..kinda made me nauseous. Confused Face lol
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
The 11min action sequence before the middle of the movie was awesome sauce....camera man gets alot of the props...I read how he did it lol
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Loved the movie! Also it is very common in India for such kidnappings to take place. Not lying here.
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6254 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
So was that him standing in the background when Ovi emerges from the water? Did he survive that neck shot? Glad to see that scumbag drug lord get taken out at the end.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1857 posts
434 upvotes
It was actually good! So happy we all still have something to watch with everything going on in the world
Jun 2, 2017
787 posts
390 upvotes
Cole's notes of this movie would be Thor turned John Wick in India.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote: So was that him standing in the background when Ovi emerges from the water? Did he survive that neck shot? Glad to see that scumbag drug lord get taken out at the end.
Seems like it. Some online sources have confirmed. Poor Saju though. :( He fought pretty valiantly. That damn military colonel got what he deserved. Very common in Indian/Pak/Bang to have the military be in the monetary pockets of politicians, drug lords and sometimes terrorists too.
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
ammaretto wrote: it was pretty good, lots of action....some scenes looked like they were filmed in one long shot..kinda made me nauseous. Confused Face lol
I loved those 1-take shots. Reminded me of Daredevil tv show, The Raid and a few other movies that had directors and stunt coordinators skillful enough to pull it off long takes or 1 camera takes. It's like art, which I appreciate. Those are extremely complicated to do so massive props to the director, especially considering the fact it was filmed on real streets and not some studio in Hollywood. And nearly 30-minute 1-take shot in movie(split) was probably the first ever in the industry as well. I am still speechless. Will watch it just to see it again as the directing/camerawork of this movie is next level good.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
I loved it. something new to see of whats was going on around the world.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)