Netflix on iPad Air (1)?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2021 11:48 am
[OP]
Dec 18, 2008
983 posts
94 upvotes

Netflix on iPad Air (1)?

Incredibly, I'm new to Netflix. I can't seem to install Netflix on my iPad Air (ios 12.5.4). I guess Netflix/Apple have decided that my perfectly fine tablet is obsolete. (Crave, Disney+, Prime Video all work fine).

I can't even use Chrome or Safari to watch Netflix.

I tried installing Netflix app with an old iTunes app on Windows 10 to 'purchase' it, but it still won't install "the last compatible version". Netflix requires iOS 14.0 or later.

Anyway to get this to work? Will jailbreaking the iPad work?

Thanks
2 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
21174 posts
7558 upvotes
Toronto
If you have previously "purchased" Netflix, you can download a previous version to your old iPad.

If you are new to getting Netflix on iOS, you may be SOL.

IOW, if you have access to a current iPad, you can download Netflix using that account to that current device. Then sign in with the same account info on the old iPad and go into the App Store and look for previously "Purchased" apps. Click on Netflix, and it will prompt you to ask if you want to download a previous version.
[OP]
Dec 18, 2008
983 posts
94 upvotes
Thanks. It does look like I may be SOL. Which is ridiculous, the iPad is perfectly usable still.

I tried a similar workaround using iTunes on a windows PC. I can see Netflix as a "Purchased" app in my iTunes account, but it doesn't let me download a previous version. Just a "stop" icon and not "download from the cloud" icon.