Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Netflix

Netflix Basic for only $3.96 a month (VPN to Turkey required)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2024 11:59 am
Tags:
Jan 2, 2020
149 posts
152 upvotes
Has anyone's subscription gotten cancelled? After moving mine from US to Turkey, I just got an email one week after subscribing advising me I've been credited back the full amount. I tried logging in and my credit card has been deleted from their system and my Netflix subscription has been cancelled.
Nov 27, 2011
363 posts
264 upvotes
Canadia
JC0411 wrote: Has anyone's subscription gotten cancelled? After moving mine from US to Turkey, I just got an email one week after subscribing advising me I've been credited back the full amount. I tried logging in and my credit card has been deleted from their system and my Netflix subscription has been cancelled.
Maybe Netflix cancelled your account because it was inactive? Lots of tech sites reported this last month https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/21/netfl ... -accounts/
Jan 2, 2020
149 posts
152 upvotes
TENSEVEN wrote: Maybe Netflix cancelled your account because it was inactive? Lots of tech sites reported this last month https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/21/netfl ... -accounts/
It's a new account--seven days old. Originally I subscribed to the US Netflix so I can add my card, then cancelled that a month later. Two days after the account having been cancelled by me, I rejoined on the Turkish page (my credit card was still in their system). The charge from Turkey went through last week and I see it on my credit card (not pending but having gone through). Now out of the blue I get an email from Netflix titled "Credit where credit is due" with a full refund and when I log into the Netflix webpage , my credit card has been deleted and my subscription cancelled. I didn't get the "We're sorry to say goodbye" email, which is what you usually get when you cancel.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
I gotta renew my credit card number for new expiry, probably need to find vpn again. I subbed to windscribe last year and paid $2/month which worked. Lets see how it works this time.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
JC0411 wrote: Has anyone's subscription gotten cancelled? After moving mine from US to Turkey, I just got an email one week after subscribing advising me I've been credited back the full amount. I tried logging in and my credit card has been deleted from their system and my Netflix subscription has been cancelled.
Hmm I see you just subbed to the service, were you on free trial?
Jan 2, 2020
149 posts
152 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: Hmm I see you just subbed to the service, were you on free trial?
I was on a free trial on the US Netflix site. Then cancelled and resubscribed on the Turkish Netflix site.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
JC0411 wrote: I was on a free trial on the US Netflix site. Then cancelled and resubscribed on the Turkish Netflix site.
Hmm that's interesting, they maybe on to something then. I need to update my CC before end of July so let's see how that goes.

Btw I chose Argentina VPN as some people mentioned earlier in the thread
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
TorontoEh wrote: Hmm that's interesting, they maybe on to something then. I need to update my CC before end of July so let's see how that goes.

Btw I chose Argentina VPN as some people mentioned earlier in the thread
Is Argentina cheaper than turkey?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Is Argentina cheaper than turkey?
TK lira has been dropping.. I have premium Netflix.. when I signed up in November it was $9.84cdn billed... last billing in May was $8.67cdn.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
newfbc wrote: TK lira has been dropping.. I have premium Netflix.. when I signed up in November it was $9.84cdn billed... last billing in May was $8.67cdn.

Ron.
Which tier was that?
I am using the middle tier and cc show $6.18.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Which tier was that?
Top tier 'premium' as mentioned.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Which tier was that?
Same, I just checked it was TL I setup , I think I was having trouble with the VPN and tried several times.

I was successfully able to update my billing details today.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
TorontoEh wrote: Same, I just checked it was TL I setup , I think I was having trouble with the VPN and tried several times.

It works after you VPN back there to update?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
theflyingsquirrel wrote: It works after you VPN back there to update?
Yes correct, luckily as my hopes were super low that it may not work but gave it a shot. Spent the $$ for VPN which is worth it for a month.
Jan 2, 2020
149 posts
152 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: Same, I just checked it was TL I setup , I think I was having trouble with the VPN and tried several times.

What issue did you have? Were you getting an error message when trying to update your credit card or you just couldn't get to the Turkish Netflix site?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
JC0411 wrote: What issue did you have? Were you getting an error message when trying to update your credit card or you just couldn't get to the Turkish Netflix site?
cc being denied / or not accepted by NFlix
May 29, 2013
90 posts
18 upvotes
Longueuil
TorontoEh wrote: cc being denied / or not accepted by NFlix
How did you make it work? You used a different CC?

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
hqluu18 wrote: How did you make it work? You used a different CC?

Thanks
Yes correct all good now :) but it was a PITA (i had to buy the monthly vpn pass but it was worth it)
May 29, 2013
90 posts
18 upvotes
Longueuil
TorontoEh wrote: Yes correct all good now :) but it was a PITA (i had to buy the monthly vpn pass but it was worth it)
So you're saying it only work with some specific CC? Do you mind if I ask which CC did you use to make it work?

Thanks again
Nov 20, 2010
528 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
Can't believe I've been missing out on this.

Used Windscribe VPN for free to Turkey.
$5.94 for the Standard plan.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

xtriawke