Entertainment

Netflix Original Series 'Narcos' - Michael Peña & Diego Luna to star in the 4th season, the birth of Mexico’s drug war.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2022 9:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA

Netflix Original Series 'Narcos' - Michael Peña & Diego Luna to star in the 4th season, the birth of Mexico’s drug war.

THERE'S NO BUSINESS LIKE BLOW BUSINESS

Narcos chronicles the gripping real-life stories of the drug kingpins of the late 1980s and the corroborative efforts of law enforcement to meet them head on in brutal, bloody conflict. It details the conflicting forces – legal, political, police, military and civilian – that clash in an effort to control the world’s most powerful commodity: cocaine.

The series re-partners creator and executive producer José Padilha (Elite Squad, RoboCop) with acclaimed Brazilian actor Wagner Moura (Elite Squad, Elysium) as a captivating Pablo Escobar alongside Boyd Holbrook (Gone Girl) and Pedro Pascal (Game of Thrones) as real-life DEA agents Steve Murphy and Javier Peña. The series also features powerful performances by Colombia’s Juan Pablo Raba (El corazón del océano), British theater star Joanna Christie (Once), Mexican sensation Stephanie Sigman (also seen later this year in the next Bond installment, Spectre), Colombian actor Manolo Cardona (Covert Affairs), Brazil’s renowned André Mattos (Elite Squad), beloved Puerto Rican actor Luis Guzman (Boogie Nights) and the stunning Ana de la Reguera (Eastbound & Down, Nacho Libre) from Mexico.

All 10 episodes will be available August 28th at 12:01am Pacific Time.
Will you binge watch this?
Last edited by tk1000 on Oct 19th, 2018 10:26 pm, edited 8 times in total.
130 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
Netflix is giving the cable networks a run for their money eh
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
LostInTruth wrote: Netflix is giving the cable networks a run for their money eh
They already spend more on content than HBO, Showtime Networks or Starz.

from Netflix U.S. Viewing to Surpass ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC by 2016: Analysts

FBR team noted that Netflix in 2015 is expected to spend nearly $2 billion on U.S. content rights (and about that much internationally). That would make Netflix’s U.S. content spending bigger than HBO, Showtime Networks or Starz, as well as Fox’s and Disney’s non-news/non-sports cable channels, according to the analysts, citing SNL Kagan data.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
^ Craziness, though they already see the future. I just hope they continue to put out quality shows.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6907 posts
3331 upvotes
Canada
I love Netflix ... every show they put out is awesome.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4508 posts
700 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Looks like a good show!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6877 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
this looks awesome... netflix is just killing it lately
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
753 upvotes
tk1000 wrote: They already spend more on content than HBO, Showtime Networks or Starz.

from Netflix U.S. Viewing to Surpass ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC by 2016: Analysts

FBR team noted that Netflix in 2015 is expected to spend nearly $2 billion on U.S. content rights (and about that much internationally).
netflix knows exactly what they are doing.

Grabbing foreign shows was a really smart move. So much content. I have been watching those stuff lately on netflix.

The Bridge!. Its the original version. I cant recommend this enough. Amazing show.

Im about to get started with The Returned and City Of Men.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
Talamasca wrote: Oberyn Martell lives!
That's what I thought, looks promising tho
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h <0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<h lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: rFD | 500+
Mar 4, 2015
401 posts
41 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Actually looks pretty good :) - Love Oberyn Martell!
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2188 posts
509 upvotes
Out today,

anybody peep it yet? Reviews look real positive.
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4508 posts
700 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
On the third episode and really enjoying it so far.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6877 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
on the 4th ep so far its great love how they mix in the real footage...
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2188 posts
509 upvotes
markj wrote: on the 4th ep so far its great love how they mix in the real footage...
I enjoy that too. Very informative series about Pablo Escobar, dude was straight up crazy.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2188 posts
509 upvotes
I haven't finished the series yet but has there been any mention of George Jung? George pretty much taught Lehder how to smuggle on planes.