Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] NETGEAR 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS316) for $54.99

[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
791 posts
3355 upvotes
MILTON

[Amazon.ca] NETGEAR 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS316) for $54.99

• ETHERNET PORT CONFIGURATION: 16 Gigabit ports
  • PLUG-AND-PLAY: Simple set up with no software to install or configuration needed
  • VERSATILE MOUNTING OPTIONS: Supports desktop or wall mount placement
  • SILENT OPERATION: The fanless design means zero added noise wherever its located, making it ideal for noise-sensitive environments
  • PEACE OF MIND WARRANTY – Covered by an industry-leading 3-year limited hardware warranty
  • ENERGY EFFICIENT: Designed to optimize power usage lowering its cost to operate. Most models are compliant with IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet mode.
  • BUILT TO LAST: Every NETGEAR Network switch is rigorously tested for reliability, quality, and performance.
25 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3220 posts
558 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bought it when it was on sale $39.99 last year... returned it as a week later as my IP Cameras stopped working... tried two of them and first one worked for a week and then stopped recognizing my IP Cameras, 2nd one just didn't find my IP cameras... (I have 10 cameras and lots of devices/PCs so it may be a factor)...

I bought a 16 port refurbished DLink for $59.99, a couple of days later from Walmart and it worked fine with no hitch... so I don't recommend this netgear switch...
Feb 14, 2006
418 posts
342 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
khulit wrote: Bought it when it was on sale $39.99 last year... returned it as a week later as my IP Cameras stopped working... tried two of them and first one worked for a week and then stopped recognizing my IP Cameras, 2nd one just didn't find my IP cameras... (I have 10 cameras and lots of devices/PCs so it may be a factor)...

I bought a 16 port refurbished DLink for $59.99, a couple of days later from Walmart and it worked fine with no hitch... so I don't recommend this netgear switch...
I've bought the same one to replace my 8port D-Link that failed (from power spike). It's been working fine since July 2019. My 24 port netgear I bought used in 2008 is still going strong as well. So my take away is buy the cheapest one with a good warranty. $55 is high compared with $40, but I'm not aware of any time machines so
Last edited by Ruciz on Aug 1st, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3664 posts
963 upvotes
Calgary
khulit wrote: Bought it when it was on sale $39.99 last year... returned it as a week later as my IP Cameras stopped working... tried two of them and first one worked for a week and then stopped recognizing my IP Cameras, 2nd one just didn't find my IP cameras... (I have 10 cameras and lots of devices/PCs so it may be a factor)...

Same here
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3220 posts
558 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ruciz wrote: I've bought the same one to replace my 8port D-Link that failed (from power spike). It's been working fine since July 2019. My 24 port netgear I bought used in 2008 is still going strong as well. So my take away is buy the cheapest one with a good warranty. $55 is high compared with $40, but I'm not aware of any time machines so
I have a couple of netgear 5 and 8 ports and they work great too... just had bad experience with the 16 port as I find it weird both of the ones I got from amazon doesn't work at all with my setup... I would guess the 24 port Netgear would also work fine with my setup, it's just this 16-port that I have issues with...
Jul 21, 2016
838 posts
1686 upvotes
khulit wrote: I have a couple of netgear 5 and 8 ports and they work great too... just had bad experience with the 16 port as I find it weird both of the ones I got from amazon doesn't work at all with my setup... I would guess the 24 port Netgear would also work fine with my setup, it's just this 16-port that I have issues with...
You have a setup of ethernet-connected camera without POE? That sound like a lot of extra cabling for no reason!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  / \
   | |
  _/ ¯ \_
🆁🅴🅳 🅵🅻🅰🅶 🅳🅴🅰🅻🆂
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3220 posts
558 upvotes
Winnipeg
InvaIid wrote: You have a setup of ethernet-connected camera without POE? That sound like a lot of extra cabling for no reason!
I have a Cisco POE hub, located near the egress point of the camera network cables that's basically just supplying power to the cameras... it's connected to a netgear 8 port switch, which is connected to my 16 port switch that is located beside my router... the 16-port switch is the main switch that distributes the network to the basement/main/2nd floor and each floor has it's own 5 or 8 port switch

I've used different switches to distribute the network (16 port Dlink, 24 port Manage network cisco switch, etc) and the 16-port netgear is the only one that consistently failed out of the box for me
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3494 posts
838 upvotes
Bought in 2017, not once had to reset it. I also have a couple dlink green switches and had to restart them once.
Dec 9, 2017
157 posts
328 upvotes
JonSnow wrote: Bought in 2017, not once had to reset it. I also have a couple dlink green switches and had to restart them once.
Same here, solid unit.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
1557 posts
605 upvotes
Montreal
NETGEAR 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS316) - Desktop, Fanless Housing for Quiet Operation

--
ETHERNET PORT CONFIGURATION: 16 Gigabit ports
PLUG-AND-PLAY: Simple set up with no software to install or configuration needed
VERSATILE MOUNTING OPTIONS: Supports desktop or wall mount placement
SILENT OPERATION: The fanless design means zero added noise wherever its located, making it ideal for noise-sensitive environments
PEACE OF MIND WARRANTY – Covered by an industry-leading 3-year limited hardware warranty
ENERGY EFFICIENT: Designed to optimize power usage lowering its cost to operate. Most models are compliant with IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet mode.
BUILT TO LAST: Every NETGEAR Network switch is rigorously tested for reliability, quality, and performance.
--
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1167 posts
2608 upvotes
Lowest was $39.99 July 3rd , 2019 amazon-ca-dead-netgear-16-port-gigabit- ... 9-2295608/. July 16th, 2018 $52.99 amazon-ca-amazon-prime-day-routers-deal-day-2208069/. Been around $55 a few times May 3rd 2020 amazon-ca-netgear-16-port-gigabit-metal ... 9-2372794/ & August 1st, 2020 amazon-ca-netgear-16-port-gigabit-ether ... 9-2393517/. Considered a repost but it is what it is.
Last edited by Freebush on Aug 12th, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
1557 posts
605 upvotes
Montreal
Dully noted. This still a good price. If somebody needs a switch, this is a good price to pick this up at. I had two crappy Dlinks die recently, had to replace them. These seemed best bang for the buck.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1167 posts
2608 upvotes
anabioz wrote: Dully noted. This still a good price. If somebody needs a switch, this is a good price to pick this up at. I had two crappy Dlinks die recently, had to replace them. These seemed best bang for the buck.
Don't you wish we could just type in a command to see the pricing history for items?