Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Netparcel] shipping rates (45%-60% OFF)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2020 10:25 am
Feb 18, 2015
82 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kotoula wrote: @netParcel I need to ship about 6 Rubbermaid containers from Calgary to Greece. The standard large size. These will weigh approx 50 lbs each. They contain personal items - clothes shoes books etc. Can I use your service to ship? Can you tell me roughly how much each?
Please contact our support team at support@netparcel.com

We will need to make sure the weights and dimensions are accurate. We would also suggest using heavy duty cardboard boxes vs rubbermaid. Additional paperwork will be required to declare personal goods in order to avoid customs issues / duties & taxes.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1953 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
@netParcel

I'm a little confused on how this works. I've been using Canada Post for shipping.

Excuse my ignorance but how does this work?

I log into my PayPal create a shipping label, print it and put it on the envelope?
- Do I also need to print the address?
- Can I change the From address, or does it grab it from my PayPal Account?
- From there I have to go into UPS and drop off the packages?

All my packages are way under 1 pound, all I need is tracking and they're all shipped within Canada. Do I get a tracking number right away?
Jun 9, 2013
354 posts
294 upvotes
Surrey
Could you guys add the measurement for cm, g, kg? very inconvenient to have only lbs...
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12501 posts
2992 upvotes
RFD
teddy boom wrote: I compared it to Eshipper when Paypal first started pushing Netparcel in the spring, and Eshipper was pretty much better.

Chitchats is way way better than either, for items that meet their strict restrictions.
Did you compare it to Freightcom? Between eshipper and Freightcom, freightcom has cheaper rates. Now I'll compare it with this one
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12501 posts
2992 upvotes
RFD
bubble.tea wrote: I haven't used shipper in 3 years. I've been using freightcom exclusively, cheaper and better.

The last 2 months, I have noticed the same issue that turned me off've E-shipper, post-transaction 'adjustment' invoices. I'm really getting annoyed.

Freightcome offers free pick-ups as well.

I predominantly do CAN-CAN waybills. Anyone able to comment on if this is any cheaper?
Exactly what I've experienced, freightcom ends up being cheaper. Now I'll need to spend time comparing with this new option.
Apr 8, 2017
913 posts
628 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
netParcel wrote: @OutsideYourWorld Our team reviewed and a refund is being processed to your PayPal account now. There was a billing error and we required a response from UPS. Apologies for the unexpected adjustment and thanks for using our services.
Yes I got the email this morning. Not sure if my complaint email got me my refund, or it was just a coincidence that I got it soon after. But i'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt! Thank you.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3720 posts
1057 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: Thanks, just the info I was looking for
not sure, but can anyone get an account with freightcom?

I was approached by freightcom sales agent for my business years ago and that's how i got started.
Nov 18, 2014
481 posts
455 upvotes
Calgary, AB
kjc123 wrote: Could you guys add the measurement for cm, g, kg? very inconvenient to have only lbs...
I second this!

Canada is a metric country and not imperial. Really annoying to have to convert everything to the American system when I use netparcel!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1728 posts
795 upvotes
London
Thatdealguy wrote: yes, you can ship personal items too.
when i started setting the account up it says Note: Offer not valid for existing UPS account holders or non-merchant transactions, misrepresentation will result in termination of offer. sounds like ur only supposed to use this for stuff u sell.
Feb 18, 2015
82 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
realg123 wrote: @netParcel

I'm a little confused on how this works. I've been using Canada Post for shipping.

Excuse my ignorance but how does this work?

I log into my PayPal create a shipping label, print it and put it on the envelope?
- Do I also need to print the address?
- Can I change the From address, or does it grab it from my PayPal Account?
- From there I have to go into UPS and drop off the packages?

All my packages are way under 1 pound, all I need is tracking and they're all shipped within Canada. Do I get a tracking number right away?
@realg123

1) You will need to print and affix the label that the system creates for you to the package.
2) You can change the from and to address for each shipment. If importing the shipment from PayPal it auto-fills all fields but these are always editable.
3) Yes, you can then drop off at a UPS access point.
4) You will get a tracking number right away!
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1953 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
netParcel wrote: @realg123

1) You will need to print and affix the label that the system creates for you to the package.
2) You can change the from and to address for each shipment. If importing the shipment from PayPal it auto-fills all fields but these are always editable.
3) Yes, you can then drop off at a UPS access point.
4) You will get a tracking number right away!
Thank you. If there isn't a drop of location close how much would a pick up cost? Also is there a minimum amount required for pickup?
Feb 18, 2015
82 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
realg123 wrote: Thank you. If there isn't a drop of location close how much would a pick up cost? Also is there a minimum amount required for pickup?
This is the tool for finding your nearest location. Sometimes it's the local convenience store so it can be close.

https://www.ups.com/dropoff/?loc=en_CA

If that's not an option prices as follows:
UPS Next Day Pick-Up | $3.80 for Residential | Free if Commercial Address
Purolator | Free Sameday Pickup
DHL | Free Sameday pickup

No minimums and only one scheduled pickup is required per day regardless of the number of shipments going with it.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1953 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
netParcel wrote: This is the tool for finding your nearest location. Sometimes it's the local convenience store so it can be close.

https://www.ups.com/dropoff/?loc=en_CA

If that's not an option prices as follows:
UPS Next Day Pick-Up | $3.80 for Residential | Free if Commercial Address
Purolator | Free Sameday Pickup
DHL | Free Sameday pickup

No minimums and only one scheduled pickup is required per day regardless of the number of shipments going with it.
Thank you!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Repo600