Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Netparcel] shipping rates (45%-60% OFF)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2020 9:52 am
Jan 30, 2004
117 posts
12 upvotes
jelloalien wrote: I've shipped items to Russia in the past and would only ship there again with sufficient tracking and insurance on the package.
Yes, Asendia ships to Russia with full tracking. Here is the list of countries that have full tracking.
https://chitchats.freshdesk.com/support ... a-ship-to-

djzapz wrote: Is that reputable? I'm not familiar with them and I need to send a very sensitive document. Thinking maybe I'll just go with Fedex or DHL proper

Chit Chats Express is a parcel forwarder. You drop your package at one of their locations. Next day they drive it over the border to the US and then ship them using USPS and UPS for US locations and Ascendia for international.
I use Chit Chats Express for over a year now and it's been great. For bulky, heavier packages Netparcel is cheaper, but I just hate how every time I ship something with them I feel like I'm getting scammed with their recalculations.
Sep 1, 2018
67 posts
87 upvotes
Hi everonye,
In may I need to ship my bike to San Diego, California. I will,be already there so I cant bring it on the plane. Is this my best/cheapest option ? Thanks
Jul 13, 2016
733 posts
416 upvotes
I would like to express my displeasure with @netParcel.

In mid-December, I shipped two packages using DHL. I selected the "signature required" and "adult signature" options.

I soon realized that DHL doesn't offer any "signature required" or "adult signature" service. At best, DHL is a "signature preferred" service.

Since then, NetParcel has disabled the "adult signature" option for DHL packages, but still refuses to compensate me after giving me the runaround for a month.

As for the "signature required" option for DHL packages, NetParcel still refuses to disable it. NetParcel could also have disabled DHL's "on-demand delivery" for "signature required" DHL packages ("on-demand delivery" is a service that allows anyone to release the signature requirement simply by typing in the tracking number on DHL's website -- no actual signature required). However, NetParcel refuses to do any of this and continues to sell DHL shipments with the "signature required" option, when this option simply was never offered or advertised by DHL.
Feb 18, 2015
92 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@SickFinga

We have brought your experience to the attention of our executive team and they will be contacting you directly. We apologize, our team does everything possible to eliminate adjustments and is committed to reviewing where the issue lies and rectifying if possible.
Feb 18, 2015
92 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@jelloalien

Our team will be contacting you directly to discuss as well as understand the root cause so we can help you and the community moving forward. Thanks, netParcel.
Feb 18, 2015
92 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@djzapz

With Russia bound deliveries, DHL and UPS will not deliver to residential addresses but only flag the address as residential when it lands in Russia. What ends up happening is the carrier charges for delivery to Russia, then charges for return freight back to Canada and potentially ends up going through brokerage and being assessed taxes and duties. This was a bad experience for our merchants and their customers. As a result we have removed Russia going forward.
Feb 18, 2015
92 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@emilio911

Thank you for continuing to work with us on how we handle our DHL shipments. Your feedback has helped us address the adult signature required function and our team is appreciative. We have been working with DHL to understand how to satisfy both scenarios of when to enable ODD, which most of our merchants and their customers appreciate along with a hard requirement as you highlighted to prevent ODD from being used. Unfortunately the setting must me made at the DHL master account level and this would mean that we cannot support both scenarios. Given that the service by default requires a signature for delivery, we feel the service is accurately represented. Where the end receiver requests that the item be delivered without signature there would be documentation that the receiver requested this. As we have other services available, the best course of action may be to use a alternate carrier should this solution not meet your specific needs.
Dec 27, 2008
306 posts
177 upvotes
netParcel wrote: @djzapz

With Russia bound deliveries, DHL and UPS will not deliver to residential addresses but only flag the address as residential when it lands in Russia. What ends up happening is the carrier charges for delivery to Russia, then charges for return freight back to Canada and potentially ends up going through brokerage and being assessed taxes and duties. This was a bad experience for our merchants and their customers. As a result we have removed Russia going forward.
That's good to know, thank you.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28554 posts
1255 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
SickFinga wrote:
Check out Chit Chats they ship to Russia through Asendia. I never shipped anything to Russia with them, but I shipped to Germany, France, Japan, Malaysia, Poland and had no issues.
I have Taiwan & England as possible ship-to's coming up.

I tried freightcom to Taiwan and it was brutal. CP was a tad cheaper only. I should try netparcel, but I wonder if Chit Chat will be best then for foreign destinations?
emilio911 wrote: I would like to express my displeasure with @netParcel.

In mid-December, I shipped two packages using DHL. I selected the "signature required" and "adult signature" options.
I noticed that. WTH is 'adult sig' anyway?
PayTM$154, died. SDM: $4574 Rakuten: $134.54
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
Jul 13, 2016
733 posts
416 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote: I noticed that. WTH is 'adult sig' anyway?
"Adult signature" requires an adult (over 18 or 19 depending of the province/state) to sign for the package.

Usually "adult signature" is much more expensive than regular signature, so I was happy to see that it was free for DHL shipments with NetParcel. However, it wasn't true at all, and my packages were not signed for.

Also beware. NetParcel is still pretending that simple "signature required" is available for free with DHL shipments. However, signature is NEVER required for DHL packages, since the receiver can "release" the signature requirement online or by phone. It won't even show on the tracking, and you are guaranteed to lose the Amazon ($0+)/PayPal ($750+)/Credit Card dispute in that case.
Dec 17, 2017
949 posts
989 upvotes
How is this compared to Tier 3 for Canada post shipping discount?
Feb 4, 2020
2 posts
I really hate to speak poorly of another business, but I feel like this must be said. I'd advise anyone considering this service to proceed with caution. We use other 3rd party shipping companies and never have adjustments. With Net Parcel, 70-80% of our parcels have been revised upwards. Yes, their rates start out lower than the competition, but after the adjustments, they are higher, much higher. Then, the accounting nightmare and the time it takes going back and forth with their support team - just not worth it in my opinion. I'm not sure if it is deliberate or a glitch in their system, but this has been our experience so far. Over 4000 parcels shipped in 2.5 years, never had an adjustment until December 2019 when we began using Net Parcel. I must say I was warned as I read this thread before opening an account, but I did not expect that it would be this bad. It's a big shame!
netParcel wrote: @SickFinga

We have brought your experience to the attention of our executive team and they will be contacting you directly. We apologize, our team does everything possible to eliminate adjustments and is committed to reviewing where the issue lies and rectifying if possible.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1004 posts
513 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I used net parcel to ship a few packages but never really paid attention to the up charges until I started reading this thread. My first package the quoted price was same as final price which I was happy about. But checking now, I sent 2 packages after the first one and both had $7 - 8 difference between quoted and billed. I sent 3 more packages the other day.. wonder what the bill charge would be and how much MORE I'd have to pay.