Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Netparcel] shipping rates (45%-60% OFF)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2020 12:15 pm
Feb 4, 2020
2 posts
patrickkc wrote: I used net parcel to ship a few packages but never really paid attention to the up charges until I started reading this thread. My first package the quoted price was same as final price which I was happy about. But checking now, I sent 2 packages after the first one and both had $7 - 8 difference between quoted and billed. I sent 3 more packages the other day.. wonder what the bill charge would be and how much MORE I'd have to pay.
I hope there are no charges on your next shipments but that hasn’t been our experience tbh. Our first shipment we took pictures on the scale as proof in case we needed it but that was fine. Just when we thought the reviews were false, we got hit. We’ve sent 20-30 shipments and so far have been billed over $100 extra. Probably closer to $150!

We only use them for express services (1-2 day shipping). Imagine the nightmare if our 100s of ground shipments went through Net Parcel!

Now, just wishing Chit Chats would offer a 1-2 service and we can keep our business in one house. Sigh!

Good luck!
Feb 18, 2015
83 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@patrickkc

Thanks for providing us with your account information via message this weekend. Our management team is reviewing this AM and will reply back directly via email / phone later today.

We apologize for the experience and appreciate the opportunity to review with you.
Feb 18, 2015
83 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@ottawachief

We would be happy to review your account to understand the root cause of any adjustments. We appreciate that adjustments result in lack of confidence and undermine our services, and as such we do everything we can to root out the causes of adjustments where possible. Please engage with our team (including your account number or business name mentioning this interaction on RFD)  so we can resolve any potential issues for yourself and the rest of our merchants going forward.

Please note, we have thousands of customers and our weekly adjustment rate is currently under 2% which we are very proud of.  The vast majority of our customers do not receive adjustments.

A few tips for all shippers on our platform to prevent adjustments from happening:

1) Select the right packaging type.  E.G. Envelope should only be chosen when placed in a courier envelope containing only documents under 0.5lb.  PAK should only be chosen when being placed in a carrier labeled poly bubble PAK / PACK bag.
2) Encase the parcel in cardboard to prevent additional handling. E.G. Shipping luggage or plastic bins will result in additional handling.
3) Ensure the address is complete and correct. E.G. Missing suite numbers or addresses flagged as commercial businesses when they are homes will result in address correction and/or residential surcharges.
4) Enter accurate measurements and weights for all your packages. All carriers audit the package size and weight as they move through their networks.  Our platform provides a cost estimate based on what is entered and as such if the carriers measure or weigh the items to be heavier they will bill us more.  Accuracy up front prevents adjustments later.

These are the most common preventable causes of adjustments and our support team is always happy to provide more details as required.  netParcel is committed to addressing root causes at the system level where possible and we have recently introduced free address validation and residential address validation tools to help prevent post shipment adjustments up front.

Please note, netParcel will always  advocate on behalf of our merchants.  If you don't agree with specific adjustments let us know and we will review with the carriers.  We can provide more detail on why adjustments happen as well as provide guidance on how to prevent them in the future.

Thanks.
Apr 7, 2008
125 posts
38 upvotes
I feel bad for these users who are having adjustments made to their shipments. That being said, I've been using NetParcel on and off sense December and I've not had a single issues with adjustments. I don't ship a lot. I've probably shipped about 20 packages, but still thought I'd share my experience for anyone who's considering the service. One negative point, I have found shipping within Canada to be cheaper by a few dollars using Canada post, but for USA, NetParcel is always cheaper by a few dollars.
Mar 23, 2017
88 posts
95 upvotes
London, ON
Thanks OP. Ive used netparcel before to ship a package with UPS. The rates are very good (13 cad to ship a keyboard across ontario)
Nov 7, 2006
141 posts
35 upvotes
I have shipped about 13 packages with netparcel and 4 of them required adjustment and i need to pay an extra $16 for the parcels. Have contacted their support and they are not willing to adjust and keep on saying i have weighted or measured incorrectly. This company will find all sort of excuses to refuse your claim, please be aware. I have used other shipping website before and never had issue.
Feb 18, 2015
83 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@vinsss

We have asked our account team to contact you and discuss your experience. Ideally we want to help address the root cause of the issue so that future shipments proceed without issue. Please let us know if there is anything further we can do to help following your discussion with our team.
Sep 13, 2007
227 posts
148 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
vinsss wrote: I have shipped about 13 packages with netparcel and 4 of them required adjustment and i need to pay an extra $16 for the parcels. Have contacted their support and they are not willing to adjust and keep on saying i have weighted or measured incorrectly. This company will find all sort of excuses to refuse your claim, please be aware. I have used other shipping website before and never had issue.
Hopefully they can provide some answers to you. I've had a few customer service run-ins with them and so far I have to say they’ve been accommodating and helpful
Sep 7, 2007
15 posts
6 upvotes
Terrace
vinsss wrote: I have shipped about 13 packages with netparcel and 4 of them required adjustment and i need to pay an extra $16 for the parcels. Have contacted their support and they are not willing to adjust and keep on saying i have weighted or measured incorrectly. This company will find all sort of excuses to refuse your claim, please be aware. I have used other shipping website before and never had issue.
Agreed @vinsss . I can no longer trust @netParcel.

The first 5 packages that I shipped with NetParcel were adjusted fairly (a couple cents). I should have never shipped my 6th package with them. My shipping cost for the 6th package was $21.24 when I created the label, then after a month they adjusted my shipping charge to $47.49! That's more than two times the cost. A $26.25 difference. I lost all of my profit on that item.

There customer service was responsive, but it seems like they have zero power with UPS.

I have attached an image of the billed charge in case any one is curious.
Images
  • 2020-03-19_13-54-19.jpg
Feb 18, 2015
83 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@k.moz

Can you please email our support team with the shipment number and advise that you were asked for a second review by the post moderator on red flag deals? Given the adjustment amount we would want to understand if there was any large discrepancy in quoted weight or size, was the item returned to sender, or was this a carrier mistake? We will provide a comprehensive answer as to why an adjustment was processed and challenge on your behalf should it be a mistake with UPS.
Sep 7, 2007
15 posts
6 upvotes
Terrace
netParcel wrote: @k.moz

Can you please email our support team with the shipment number and advise that you were asked for a second review by the post moderator on red flag deals? Given the adjustment amount we would want to understand if there was any large discrepancy in quoted weight or size, was the item returned to sender, or was this a carrier mistake? We will provide a comprehensive answer as to why an adjustment was processed and challenge on your behalf should it be a mistake with UPS.
The support team had this to say:
The adjustment is valid according to UPS.

Sorry for the inconvenience.Please let me know if you have any questions
If anyone is sending any package via NetParcel, I highly recommend you take pictures of all of the dimensions of a parcel with a measuring tape before sending it. It is your word against UPS' and UPS will win if you don't have incontestable evidence.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1508 posts
982 upvotes
netParcel wrote: @IEpicDestroyer

Please contact support@netparcel.com and they can assist with how best to process a UK to Canada shipment on our platform. Thanks for thinking of us.
Before I do so, what's the carriers you would have to ship from the UK to Canada? Looking for the cheapest possible rates for the parcel.