Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Netparcel] shipping rates (45%-60% OFF)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2020 9:52 am
Feb 18, 2015
92 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
emilio911 wrote: If you try to ship a package (or simply to get a quote) using the "my package" option and you enter dimensions (such as 10"X10"X10" for example), if you click on "edit" on the second page, and switch "my package" to "pak", the system will charge you the rate for the dimensions you entered the first time (10"X10"X10") instead of the Pak rate.
@emilio911

Thanks for mentioning this. We have opened a ticket internally and will look to replicate and resolve ASAP.
Feb 18, 2015
92 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
emilio911 wrote: @netParcel
If you enter a very long address that takes both address lines. The address on the printed UPS label will be completely mixed up.
@emilio911

Our team reviewed this item and it relates to how the address is mapped back to the label through the UPS API. The address information is send electronically and will not create an issue though it can appear mixed up on the label. This does not happen very often and does look odd but will produce no challenges with delivery.
Aug 28, 2011
273 posts
388 upvotes
Toronto
netParcel wrote: @emilio911 @habuyeths

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We should not be seeing duplicate peak surcharges. We have advised our ops team to keep an eye out for this. If anyone sees this again please contact our support team as they will advise UPS of the error and provide a refund.
How about proactively reaching out to all your customers who have paid for duplicate surcharges - rather than wait for customers to flag it first, because surely, not all customers may notice.

I've used netParcel's service 3 times and have had 1 adjustment that I fought and fought (this was a while back).

At first, they passed the buck saying that the audited dimensions were different from the ones I entered. The rep from netParcel implied that I was wrong, and they were right since "machines perform the measurement and you're only human". I challenged this, and was lucky enough that the understanding receiver/customer took a picture of the parcel along with measurements. I even rounded up all my measurements, to which fell within the audited dimensions.

Then I was told that it was the weight that was actually incorrect. I entered the weight rounded to 1 decimal place and was told by the rep that there should be no decimal places. Well this is more of a controls issue with your system then. There should be a data validation step to either deny decimals, or to auto round up all decimals. I eventually got the charges reversed as I would have filed a case with Paypal otherwise. In any case, you can't have it both ways - either the weight, dimension or both are wrong. You can't just throw stuff at the wall and hope something sticks. Disgusting.

It's anecdotal, but definitely odd to me with the high amount of customers in this thread receiving adjustments for whatever reason. I rarely see this happen with competitors or other carriers. Of course not a valid sample, but for reference: Of the 50+ shipments I've made through direct CP & ChitChats - 0 adjustments. From netParcel - 1 out of 3.

For interested members, you can browse through the last 3 pages and find other experienced shippers go through similar situations - where out of many shipments, only the ones going through netParcel had adjustments.
Mar 5, 2006
26 posts
2 upvotes
@netParcel
You people are ingnoring the tickets and the phone calls since the last week.
Still alive?
Feb 18, 2015
92 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@animestan

Appreciate your comments and feedback. Our team has undertaken a number of initiatives to rout out the cause of adjustments. The current peak surcharge is a temporary measure and our system does not currently have the ability to flag a duplicate charge. We do notify of any invoice adjustments on Monday nights and we provide all users a week to review before settlement. We are always happy to address adjustments with our carriers directly and advocate on your behalf. Should you feel that your specific concern was not addressed properly feel free to ask our support team for a second review as a PayPal / RFD user and our management team will do a second pass for you.

In regards to the CP / ChitChats examples we do understand that the postal carriers (CP and USPS) do not have the same level of audit in place for dimensions and weight. As such you will see fewer adjustments but we have implemented systems to identify residential addresses as well as flag address issues to help avoid adjustments in the first place.

Overall our adjustment rate is less than 3% of all shipments which experience an adjustment which is something we continuously strive to lower but are also proud of.

We appreciate every customer we have and understand the impact of adjustments to customer trust and satisfaction. If there is anything we can't prevent, or catch before it comes to you please message our support team for help. Thanks!
Last edited by netParcel on Jun 2nd, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 18, 2015
92 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
irod wrote: @netParcel
You people are ingnoring the tickets and the phone calls since the last week.
Still alive?
Hi @irod We are still here! We are trying to keep up with the influx in volume while our team adjusts to our new working environment. Please leave a message, call back or email us. We are staying current with emails though our response time has slowed through the day. We have a tremendous team in place to support you and appreciate your patience.
Feb 18, 2015
92 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@emilio911

We will take this back with the team and confirm tomorrow. Note, if you are not already shipping on our PayPal platform please take a moment to create an account there and compare our international rates. We think you will be pleasantly surprised.

https://pp.netparcel.com/

Thanks, netParcel
Feb 18, 2015
92 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@emilio911

Quick update that we reviewed pricing with our team and a 1lb "PAK" and 1lb "My Packaging" have the same UPS tariff rate of $60 (Express Saver). For US lanes our discounts appear to be the same thus the aligned pricing. We did not make any recent pricing changes on our side but we expect the $2 change is could be the result of one the three items:

1) Recent UPS Peak Surcharge which currently is shown in the freight cost and broken down when invoiced.
2) Residential delivery not applicable on your earlier sample shipment.
3) Extended Area Surcharge not applicable on your earlier sample shipment.

If there is anything else please let us know and we will take a look.
Mar 3, 2017
21 posts
8 upvotes
Well if it sounds to good to be true..its probably because it is. To be overbilled frankly on a consistent basis now after 12 or so shipments is inexcusable and really a poor business practice. I got better things to do than disputing a few dollars here and there. Really? After weighing parcels and measuring them properly 20-30% of my shipments are being measured very differently and weighed differently as well. And it appears it is always in UPS favour ... Haha never seen a credit although I know that there should have been one if this was indeed done honestly.
Secondly netparcel customer service is - with all due respect - useless and sending me their standard answer to a dispute.

So stay away I know I will. There are better. Faster. Honest shipping options out there
45-60% off? no. More like 10-15% and thats if you are lucky.
Jul 13, 2016
733 posts
416 upvotes
netParcel wrote: @emilio911

Quick update that we reviewed pricing with our team and a 1lb "PAK" and 1lb "My Packaging" have the same UPS tariff rate of $60 (Express Saver). For US lanes our discounts appear to be the same thus the aligned pricing. We did not make any recent pricing changes on our side but we expect the $2 change is could be the result of one the three items:

1) Recent UPS Peak Surcharge which currently is shown in the freight cost and broken down when invoiced.
2) Residential delivery not applicable on your earlier sample shipment.
3) Extended Area Surcharge not applicable on your earlier sample shipment.

If there is anything else please let us know and we will take a look.
Please forget what I previously said.

I'm unable to reproduce this issue.

Thank you
Feb 18, 2015
92 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@treo222

Hi @treo222 First of all we would like to apologize for your experience. We understand that adjustments are unpleasant and that your time is better spent building your business vs. disputing small adjustments. As brokers we don't directly know what you are shipping when you ship, and as such we rely 100% on the accuracy of the inputs on our system. If the carriers measure, weigh or assess an accessorial fee during delivery those adjustments come back on your weekly invoice.

Our support team is always willing to challenge adjustments on your behalf and as we have seen close to a million shipments now on our platform we have a great understanding of what can steps can be taken to prevent and contest adjustments with each carrier.

Would you be willing to send our support team (support@netparcel.com) a message asking for an adjustment review and also mention your RFD username in the email request? We will ask our leadership team to review and engage you personally with the results. Hearing that our support team didn't deliver the experience you expected is of great concern to us. We are committed to reviewing your case with our team to ensure we provide a consistent and high level of service for all customers.

Thanks for using our services and we look forward to helping you address your specific concerns directly.