• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2012 8:41 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 26, 2008
4 posts

Networking with Commercial bankers/small business bankers

Anyone on the commercial bank/small business career track, I have some questions. pls pm me.
I am a staff accountant working at a midsize accounting firm. My firm is 50 years old so it has been around for quite some time. I have worked at other smaller firms before. So I can vouch to the fact the quality standards are good at my present working place.
I want to bring in business. What advice would you give me in networking with small business or commercial bankers?
Thank You,
6 replies
Apr 25, 2008
226 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
What city are you in?
"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies."
- Voltaire on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce Satan.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13833 posts
1337 upvotes
What is a banker and what does a banker do?

(Please don't say, "bank")
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1359 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
Syne wrote: What is a banker and what does a banker do?

(Please don't say, "bank")
Associate who manages existing portfolio and adjudicates new credit facilities. They also looks at setting up and maintaining cash management products for clients as well.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13833 posts
1337 upvotes
So an investment consultant?
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1359 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
Syne wrote: So an investment consultant?
They work with relatively larger business operations and custom tailor products for each client.

They don't operate in a branch environment.