Computers & Electronics

Neural Lace (Elon Musk) - Early Adopters?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2019 6:32 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10315 posts
10451 upvotes

Neural Lace (Elon Musk) - Early Adopters?

Hi Folks,

Any of you keen on trying Elon Musk's Neural Lace? I'm pretty interested, and willing to shell out if the price is reasonable.

2-Way BCI is king, but we're not quite there, and the wetware is limiting.

Thoughts from the gents here?
7 replies
Aug 19, 2018
953 posts
954 upvotes
There isn't even a product being announced, much less a price, or estimated time of availability, or a demo of what it is doing and what the capability is.. Any discussion here appears to be premature.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10315 posts
10451 upvotes
Cucumference wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 6:12 pm
There isn't even a product being announced, much less a price, or estimated time of availability, or a demo of what it is doing and what the capability is.. Any discussion here appears to be premature.
I'm getting a feel for the anticipation surrounding such a product. Elon's claim on Rogan that it would be an 'order of magnitude' better than anything out there has me intrigued. I thought I'd ask the audience.
Aug 19, 2018
953 posts
954 upvotes
Most unfinished product in the AI field has outlandish claims. I think that is why people are getting tired of all these claims and want to see actual product. I doubt you will get any meaningful discussion here, but good luck.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10315 posts
10451 upvotes
Life's risk. This is a small one. I welcome the conversation that might evolve.
Nov 14, 2008
721 posts
233 upvotes
I think we have a long way to go yet, its not even worth talking about.
We have to do augmented reality glasses for walking around and improve VR first
Just thinking about bci viruses, pop up ads, Russian hackers using your brain to create a botnet or better.. controlling you to do stuff........nah
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10315 posts
10451 upvotes
Mixed reality is improving rapidly, but things can progress on a dual track.

I'm open to the possibility of being impressed.