Home & Garden

Never leave a BBQ unattended without the parking brake.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2020 10:41 pm
[OP]
Jul 26, 2008
775 posts
916 upvotes
Montreal

Never leave a BBQ unattended without the parking brake.

Helped my neighboor unload a BBQ he got today, a super heaving thing.

Funny that a few hours later I see it in the street, unattended, why, how did that happen !

Use the parking brake when leaving a BBQ on a slop.

Luckly the BBQ did not topple over and the street incline stopped it from rolling down the entire street.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1360 posts
802 upvotes
Longueuil
Funny thing but I am wondering, who was recording that? Expected something to happen? Why would you spend time recording an unattended bbq in your neighbour's driveway?
Try not! Do or do not, there is no try...
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2691 posts
771 upvotes
well it looks like he put his recycling bins there in order to avoid that happening...misjudged the angle though lol
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10638 posts
3308 upvotes
why are you recording your neighbors driveway like a creeper?
[OP]
Jul 26, 2008
775 posts
916 upvotes
Montreal
jackrabbit000 wrote: Looks like a click bait video. Yeah, who does that?
It's just footage from a security camera and yes I have my neighboors consent. He was wondering how his BBQ ended up in the street. He might even have though I was playing a prank on him. I mean look at that thing move ! it sure look fake but its not. I just filmed the playback from my security system on a computer using my phone.

Its just an interesting capture of how un expected accidents happen, in this case there was object in street blocking the BBQ so no accident.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4624 upvotes
Montréal
Was wondering was there a typo...BBQ....parking brake...what?! Interesting vid haha.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1375 posts
441 upvotes
Vaughan
naimc wrote: It's just footage from a security camera and yes I have my neighboors consent. He was wondering how his BBQ ended up in the street. He might even have though I was playing a prank on him. I mean look at that thing move ! it sure look fake but its not. I just filmed the playback from my security system on a computer using my phone.

Its just an interesting capture of how un expected accidents happen, in this case there was object in street blocking the BBQ so no accident.
wow that's pretty cool. your security camera pans with motion? or was it just post-editing.
[OP]
Jul 26, 2008
775 posts
916 upvotes
Montreal
otaknap wrote: wow that's pretty cool. your security camera pans with motion? or was it just post-editing.
None of the above, super low tech. I still have not figure out how to save a 30 second clip from my hikvision security system, when I try that it exports hours of video so frustrating.. So I just played back the video on my monitor while recording the play back panning my iphone across my computer screen, The iphone makes a small video that simple to upload.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11479 posts
6660 upvotes
Paris
tranquility922 wrote: Was wondering was there a typo...BBQ....parking brake...what?! Interesting vid haha.
My Weber’s have a parking brake. Always wondered why. Now I know.