Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble

Never visit car specific forums

I.e your car forum. They would have you believe your car is faster than a Ferrari, lol.

Seriously guys get grounded. I hate such biased clueless people. Actually I find them amusing and entertaining but it's also understandable they will be biased like that.

You guys find that to be true? Also the first brz forums are so full of kids who think they're driving hot shifts.
49 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2166 posts
710 upvotes
The guys at vwvortex are actually very nice n helpful.
Oct 18, 2013
594 posts
184 upvotes
Brampton
MBworld people always help. i like that forum, its just the teenage racer forums that are like that. BRZ is a prime example of a teenage wanna be racer car.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2166 posts
710 upvotes
Bluemist1967 wrote: MBworld people always help. i like that forum, its just the teenage racer forums that are like that. BRZ is a prime example of a teenage wanna be racer car.
im actually speaking with 2 Passat owners regarding an issue, and they have been extremely nice.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
-----------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 25th, 2022 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21265 posts
6248 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Forums provide a ton of support not found in general forums like this one.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21166 upvotes
Toronto
Specific car forum members, in most cases are matured and cilivized, their posts are insightful and supportive. I even made many friends from there as we have regular lunch meet up

Unlike in rfd, there are many who I feel are 'Keyboard warriors'
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41800 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
Tons of helpful information...what's the problem?
Jun 9, 2011
477 posts
249 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Tons of helpful information...what's the problem?
OP tried to race Ferrari and is now disappointed :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6706 posts
2352 upvotes
I disagree. Car specific forums are quite helpful. I visit ClubLexus regularly and there are threads talking about the cars' faults, how the competition is better in some ways and even threads about how they chose the competition vs. a Lexus and members will agree on the choice.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I frequent CorollaDriver.com on a regular basis and they seem to be generally pretty helpful so I must disagree with the OPs sentiments.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
I join a car specific forum for every new car I get. The information that is there and can get is priceless. I found the people on these forums are more then eager to share their cars benefits, shortcomings and idiosyncrasies.
There are always some "insiders" that either work at dealerships or somewhere close to the OEM that get the latest information and are willing to share.
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Jul 16, 2012
305 posts
237 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
malecoke wrote: The guys at vwvortex are actually very nice n helpful.
Agreed. Guys at vwvortex were helpful and informative when I owned my Golf. I'd rather go to a car specific forum for info
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto
Supercooled wrote: I.e your car forum. They would have you believe your car is faster than a Ferrari, lol.

Seriously guys get grounded. I hate such biased clueless people. Actually I find them amusing and entertaining but it's also understandable they will be biased like that.

You guys find that to be true? Also the first brz forums are so full of kids who think they're driving hot shifts.
LOL

as opposed to RFD automotive... where Beige Corolla is the only car you should drive.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2007
1223 posts
123 upvotes
This advice goes for any type of fan-specific forum, if you think about it. You'll always have fanboys for any product, but for most cases, there will be grounded people talking about very specific things. Just gotta filter the rest out.

To balance it out, I go to multiple car forums and try to get a more objective feedback and discussion when looking at multiple car brands/models I am interested in.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1360 posts
692 upvotes
Scarborough
car forums have swayed my descion to pick one car over another...they are an awesome source of information.
TorontoMazda3 is a pretty good forum with lots of ppl who can offer help.

There are always a few dicks here and there, but the majority is good on any forum i been apart of
-
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23732 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Talk about thread backfire LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
The users of MX-5 Miata Net convinced me not to buy a new MX-5 because the transmissions are blowing up.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Fanboys exist everywhere, but there's always some good discussion to be had here and there and the direct first-hand information of an owner-specific forum really can't be beat as far as information databases go.