Automotive

NEW 2015 Volkswagen TDI models back for sale.

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2017 5:21 pm
Mar 30, 2017
67 posts
81 upvotes
toronto

NEW 2015 Volkswagen TDI models back for sale.

New 2015 VW TDI models back for sale I just stumbled across this information as I am looking for a used wagon and thought I would share and see if anyone has bought one of these "new" 2015 cars.

From what I understand, If you want to buy one of the unsold 2015 Volkswagen TDI models, VW Group of America advises that you contact your local dealer to see if one's in stock or can be acquired from another dealership. I haven't done this yet so I don't know about stock levels in the GTA or elsewhere. Does anyone else know?

"They won't all go on sale at once, cautions VW's Jeannine Ginivan: sales "will be based on dealer capacity to properly prepare the vehicles.""
Been reading up on the thesaurus lately because a mind is a terrible thing to garbage.
32 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2003
1306 posts
216 upvotes
I've read that all the new 2015s in the gta are sold.

And I'm not sure what the hot deal is here. VW is selling a 2 year old car as if it was brand new.
Mar 30, 2017
67 posts
81 upvotes
toronto
It was my first post and I mistakenly posted in Hot Deals Automotive instead of Discussion Automotive. Can please mods move this if possible?
Been reading up on the thesaurus lately because a mind is a terrible thing to garbage.
Mar 30, 2017
67 posts
81 upvotes
toronto
Not that I have found. Huntclub VW in Ottawa had some, but I'm not sure if they are still available.
Nov 27, 2016
506 posts
730 upvotes
m8x
$33,341 for a 3 year old car !?!?

Not this cowboy......
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2015
1112 posts
1318 upvotes
Toronto
HunkGolden wrote: It was my first post and I mistakenly posted in Hot Deals Automotive instead of Discussion Automotive. Can please mods move this if possible?
No worries, thanks for posting.

VW is offering some incentives for those 2015 diesel models :
- $8500 discount on a lease
- 0% APR financing for 72 months with $5000 cash bonus
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
3204 posts
1094 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
prof_frink wrote: . VW is selling a 2 year old car as if it was brand new.
In the car sales business, "new" and "used" is not a reference to when it rolled off the assembly line. Dealers frequently offer vehicles from 2 model years back. They are unused.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Cars are not used, but they are old model years...two years, in fact. I wonder what they did with these--they must have left them sitting at the rail yards in storage all this time. There really should be some huge VW and dealer discounts before they sell though. We should be talking about $15k+ off MSRP. Unfortunately I'm guessing diesel fanboys won't wait and will buy them up at the initial discount prices offered ($5000-8500? lame), ruining what could be a much better deal. I'm assuming the deals will still be "okay" but probably not my cup of tea to buy a car sitting for 2 years. It's unlikely they will do much other than clean/lube the brakes up, do a full detail on them (I mean that's done in VW PDI anyway, but perhaps a little more aggressive than usual), and then sell 'em off.

TBH VW should be willing to take a significant loss just to get rid of these. Sure they've already lost, but hey them's the breaks.

I wonder if there are any Audi TDIs involved in this?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2992 posts
1952 upvotes
The sale was Canada wide and ended in early may. Still inventory left in a few spots. I made an offer on a couple of vehicles at Norden in Edmonton.
VW Canada was specific on the discounts if paying cash and Norden was/is keeping some of the discount. Lowest Norden would go was 22.4K on a Golf Trendline.

You still get a full warranty and refreshed car (all fluids/battery/tires...) but your eating the depreciating and the VW Canada discount is supposed to fix that.
Not a bad price but not a great price considering the history and problems behind the cars for sale.

The prices shown at Norden are before discount. Norden Link. No idea if any of these are still available this could be an old link also.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2003
1306 posts
216 upvotes
Marzipan wrote: In the car sales business, "new" and "used" is not a reference to when it rolled off the assembly line. Dealers frequently offer vehicles from 2 model years back. They are unused.
I'm not an idiot. I know it's not a used car. Fact is though that they've been sitting in a lot for over 2 years and that's not a good thing.

And they are on the cusp of being 3 production years old.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17117 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
VW already got rid of them, way before any of this happenef. these are the dealers' problem... not VWoA's or VWoC's.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2451 posts
873 upvotes
You better make tight calculations if those TDI are worth the "savings" as I replaced a 06 TDI which average consumption was 5.6l/100km but it needed timing belt replacement every 120K negating any gas savings. Sure it lasted 380K km but I wonder if I really saved money driving a slow diesel than a gas one.
Nov 19, 2006
315 posts
22 upvotes
I'm in Edmonton here and I just went to check it out as I'm in the market for a gas saving car new/used. We're not getting the 8K incentives like our American neighbors. Golf TDI brand new (170km) base with $3500 incentive is $25k + GST. I'd say that's a pretty shit deal. If this is the last diesel the parts are going to be atrocious when it comes time to do any maintenance.
Aug 4, 2007
720 posts
4263 upvotes
Mississauga
Even before the Dieselgate VW at best has a spotty reliability. From what I know, European cars require a lot of expensive maintenance. DSG on a VW must be serviced every 40,000 miles at a cost of around $400 - 600 US.

I live in GTA. Our highways are almost always gridlocked. As far as I know, Diesel engine achieves best fuel economy on the highway and not in traffic. That's why I went with a Hybrid. But not because I'm a tree huger, but because I'm a cheap bastard.
Mar 30, 2017
67 posts
81 upvotes
toronto
Thanks andreid, clvnng and PASHA, this is very informative. cheers
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1337 posts
935 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
-=PASHA=- wrote: Even before the Dieselgate VW at best has a spotty reliability. From what I know, European cars require a lot of expensive maintenance. DSG on a VW must be serviced every 40,000 miles at a cost of around $400 - 600 US.

I live in GTA. Our highways are almost always gridlocked. As far as I know, Diesel engine achieves best fuel economy on the highway and not in traffic. That's why I went with a Hybrid. But not because I'm a tree huger, but because I'm a cheap bastard.
If you are cheap, what are you going to do when that $6000.00 battery needs replacing?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6493 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Last of the breed.
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!