• Jul 10th, 2020 10:07 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 22, 2014
522 posts
233 upvotes
Calgary, AB

New Android Under $500?

My Pixel 3 is starting to show it's age from abuse over the past year and a half. Was looking at alternatives. The 3A is no longer being sold, not sure when(if) the 4A is coming around and at what cost. I saw the LG G8X (single screen) for $520 but not sure if this is a decent phone for the price or if there are better alternatives out there?
3 replies
Jan 17, 2013
655 posts
252 upvotes
ellisd wrote: My Pixel 3 is starting to show it's age from abuse over the past year and a half. Was looking at alternatives. The 3A is no longer being sold, not sure when(if) the 4A is coming around and at what cost. I saw the LG G8X (single screen) for $520 but not sure if this is a decent phone for the price or if there are better alternatives out there?
LG G8X for $520 is a good price for a SD855 phone. There is no other major brand phone with SD855 at that price.

If you are ok with ordering online, B&H Photo has some good phones at under $500. Don't worry about that it's a US store. If you let them clear customs (means paying the GST and PST) for you, then it is as good as receiving a parcel from a Canadian store. No held ups/customs charges.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
15636 posts
4716 upvotes
London
stack21 wrote: LG G8X for $520 is a good price for a SD855 phone. There is no other major brand phone with SD855 at that price.

If you are ok with ordering online, B&H Photo has some good phones at under $500. Don't worry about that it's a US store. If you let them clear customs (means paying the GST and PST) for you, then it is as good as receiving a parcel from a Canadian store. No held ups/customs charges.
+1
B+H S10 lite - a little over $500 Cdn before tax
b-h-photo-video-samsung-galaxy-s10-lite ... 2-2387094/
Nov 30, 2016
879 posts
1088 upvotes
Mississauga
What is your most important feature?
1. Cameras? Wait for the pixel 4A
2. Processor? Then the LG8X is your best bet.
3. Price and time isn't a factor? Order a Redmi note pro and ship via DHL.
That's the beauty of android, diversity.

But seriously I would wait for Google to announce their lineup for the year. See what the prices look like before buying anything right now