• Jun 14th, 2016 12:12 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 7, 2016
50 posts
2 upvotes

New build - construction progress

Ive bought a new build town in milton which is slated to close december 1st, 2016 and curious for anyone who has gone through this process, with only 5.5 months remaining, what stage should the home be at? I visited the site today and its just graded land and stakes in the ground, and the streets can somewhat be seen due to the difference in dirt depth.
4 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35620 posts
21677 upvotes
Center of Universe
It depends on many factors.
The last two new construction I bought, took over a year and were not always at the same stages based on time frame.

Check out forum buildinghomes and see what other buyers in your area have been through.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3021 posts
1612 upvotes
Mississauga
Insbrokr wrote: Ive bought a new build town in milton which is slated to close december 1st, 2016 and curious for anyone who has gone through this process, with only 5.5 months remaining, what stage should the home be at? I visited the site today and its just graded land and stakes in the ground, and the streets can somewhat be seen due to the difference in dirt depth.
With the way houses come up these days and the quality of the builds, they'll probably start right after Thanksgiving, lol
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
2474 posts
169 upvotes
Mine took about 4 to 5 months.
Jan 11, 2010
314 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
I received letter in December stating begin of construction ....by mid May( 6.5 months) had basement, framing,exteriors brick walls,plumbing,doors,windows,roofing done..... Project was delayed due to current strike....looking at structure it was 60-65% done...

.....initially builder provided with about 7 months to finish the project from start date...

In all my guesstimate is atleast 8 months from start to finish.