Cell Phones

NEW (?) Carrier: Wundle.ca, $70/mo Unlimited Everything (20GB LTE), 25% off First Month!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 7:24 pm
[OP]
Jun 15, 2020
182 posts
211 upvotes
Ontario

NEW (?) Carrier: Wundle.ca, $70/mo Unlimited Everything (20GB LTE), 25% off First Month!

Wundle.ca Website
First thread, hopefully this is the correct place to post.

Wundle.ca seems to be a new carrier, or at least a carrier that I haven't heard of before. They only have one plan and, as is typical, have access to all major carriers (weirdly enough, they don't list them anywhere on their website). This isn't a US Sim on roaming or anything - it's a Canadian Number and you can port to and from easily.

Plan: $70 Month INCLUDING taxes
Unlimited Calling (Canadawide)
Unlimited Texting(Also only seems to be Canadawide, unfortunately)
"Unlimited" 4G LTE until 20GB, 3G thereafter

They're offering a 25% discount on the first month, which I'd say is a pretty cold "deal" but good to have. Overall, their plan does seem cheaper than the big 3, but not by a lot, and I'm sure some smart RFD-ing with the Big 3 can get you a better deal (or if you have EPP).

Their FAQ and other information seems to be fairly honest and transparent, but I did find their US roaming options fairly pricey ($8/day at a cap of $120 per month).

(Not affiliated by Wundle. Personally use Fido)
9 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16746 posts
3084 upvotes
Toronto
The mailing address is 100 West Battery Road which is a residential condo in Toronto's Liberty Village.

From Wundle's contact page:

Suite 1510, 100 West Battery Road.

Toronto, Ontario

M6K 3S2
Feb 29, 2020
130 posts
24 upvotes
This isn’t looking good...
audit13 wrote: The mailing address is 100 West Battery Road which is a residential condo in Toronto's Liberty Village.

Toronto, Ontario

M6K 3S2
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18819 posts
8493 upvotes
Oakville
Read their FAQ. It looks like they sign up for accounts for you, from "whichever of the major carriers have the best prices at any given time" - they send you that carrier's sim. So basically, looks like they just set up a fancy veneer on top of the standard Craigslist "cheap plans" ad.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
[OP]
Jun 15, 2020
182 posts
211 upvotes
Ontario
audit13 wrote: The mailing address is 100 West Battery Road which is a residential condo in Toronto's Liberty Village.

Toronto, Ontario

M6K 3S2
Yikes, never mind then.
Mar 31, 2020
166 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto, Ontario

M6K 3S2
Its now changed to: 9131 Keele Street, Suite A4, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 0G7, Canada

Wonder what this set up is...
If all the world's a stage, then where is my audience?
Mar 31, 2020
166 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Following a little search, seems Wundle is owned by Luke Mackay who also founded Fabricate Inc. and Nearbuds.

And Fabricate, the parent company, is listed here: https://applications.crtc.gc.ca/telecom ... ation-list

Categories include:
  • Resellers of High Speed Retail Internet Service
  • Resellers of Telecommunications Services
  • Basic International Telecommunications Services
If all the world's a stage, then where is my audience?
Oct 28, 2013
4 posts
Any updates on this company? Seems kind of pricey buty 20GB is a lot.
[OP]
Jun 15, 2020
182 posts
211 upvotes
Ontario
Cal3498 wrote: Any updates on this company? Seems kind of pricey buty 20GB is a lot.
I've actually been tracking this company for a bit and they seem pretty good in the niche they've found for themselves! Their ads on Facebook all have positive comments (from genuine people, doesn't seem faked). The main two things I found going for them was (a) No Taxes on top of the $70, and (b) Great Customer Service (probably because of the small size)

I'm more of a low-end "$20 prepaid phone plan" kinda guy so I don't how good the price is compared to the big boys, but without EPP and promos it's possible that Wundle would be your best bet if you need 20GB of Data. Then again, they seem to be reselling plans, and it isn't entirely clear how they're offering lower prices while making a profit, so it still seems a tad bit shady to me. IMHO if you're the kind of person who needs 20GB of 5G Data, you probably depend on your phone a lot, so saving the 5 or 10 bucks doesn't seem like that big of a deal.