None
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
39099 posts
5727 upvotes
King City

New Chain of Pub Opening in Richmond Hill - The Tilted Kilt

IT IS OPEN OFFICIALLY :D TOO BAD I AM NOT THERE TO ATTEND :(

[QUOTE]The Tilted Kilt Richmond Hill is NOW OPEN! Starting today you can join us for dinner from 5pm - CLOSE. our beautiful TK Girls are patiently waiting...[/QUOTE]

I am sure some or most of you are aware of this chain of pubs (if you've been to the one Downtown or in the US), or have heard its coming to Richmond Hill soon. Apparently its going to be opening up around the Honest Lawyer ish area off Highway 7 and East Beaver Creek/Leslie ish area.

Edit: Its around Moxies, Alice Fazoolis, etc.

I've been to the Downtown one few times and I must say "hey oh ;) " to the waitresses lol. If you look at the website, you'll see what I mean lol. Otherwise, the beer selection is pretty good generally speaking. Hopefully the Richmond Hill location has less vodka (like the downtown one has sadly) and more whiskey/bourbon. Food prices are decent, some expensive and I cannot comment on all the menu items, but for a pub chain its decent.

Also hopefully the service at the Richmond Hill one will be the same just like the Downtown one. Of course it all depends on the staff they hire. There better not be any snobby waitresses or they'll be getting less or no tip from me lol. Yup good stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/TKRichmondHill?fref=ts

http://www.tiltedkilt.com/

2013 Kilt Girl Calendar Video (NSFW FYI) I am not embedding it, but you can feel free to click on it. There's no nudity but the chicks are in bikinis that's all. So mods please don't remove it haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... T09agHTMQs
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106486 upvotes
Richmond Hill
LOL, I've heard of them too - more for the kilt girls than for the food ;)
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23018 posts
8027 upvotes
Toronto
Just saw this business on tv "Undercover Boss" ... The women dressed up in some sexy outfits to entice customers to buy more liquor.
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
39099 posts
5727 upvotes
King City
ronin1701 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2013 4:23 pm
LOL, I've heard of them too - more for the kilt girls than for the food ;)
Haha ya man. I was there on Saturday @ the Downtown location. The server whose name I shall not mention is doing her 4th year Business Law undergrad.
PCDawg wrote:
Mar 20th, 2013 4:42 pm
Next RFD meeting place?
Aye. Lets wait for the RHill location to open up haha.
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106486 upvotes
Richmond Hill
djemzine wrote:
Mar 20th, 2013 5:39 pm
Haha ya man. I was there on Saturday @ the Downtown location. The server whose name I shall not mention is doing her 4th year Business Law undergrad.
Awesome. Is she one of those hot glasses wearing girls?

At least the food at The Kilt is reasonable. I used to go to Houston's back in my expense-account days, and the food there was pretty bad - absolutely no reason to go there except for the hot waitresses.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19007 posts
4113 upvotes
Thornhill
Been to the downtown location before, and djemzine, I think we had the same server.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
991 upvotes
N/A
coriolis wrote:
Mar 20th, 2013 6:06 pm
Been to the downtown location before, and djemzine, I think we had the same server.
does she tell that to all of her customers?
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19007 posts
4113 upvotes
Thornhill
ippon wrote:
Mar 20th, 2013 6:08 pm
does she tell that to all of her customers?
Oops, misread djemzine's post,as it was ronin that mentioned eye glasses.

And yes, the food is decently priced and is good.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1737 upvotes
This seems like a nice pub, great beer, great ambience, prices not too bad. Always good to see new jobs for us Canadians.
*Cough* Alethea *Cough*
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
39099 posts
5727 upvotes
King City
ronin1701 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2013 5:54 pm
Awesome. Is she one of those hot glasses wearing girls?

At least the food at The Kilt is reasonable. I used to go to Houston's back in my expense-account days, and the food there was pretty bad - absolutely no reason to go there except for the hot waitresses.
Nah she's not. She had open hair and was around the 5'6" height.

Ya I had the spicy bean veggie wrap. The portion was decent size.
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
When I first saw this thread I almost didn't read it, thinking "ho hum.....another boring run of the mill pub..beer, slow service, wall-to-wall guys, and bland fatty food..yawn" but I admit, this one has caught my interest. ;)
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
39099 posts
5727 upvotes
King City
stealth wrote:
Mar 21st, 2013 8:41 pm
When I first saw this thread I almost didn't read it, thinking "ho hum.....another boring run of the mill pub..beer, slow service, wall-to-wall guys, and bland fatty food..yawn" but I admit, this one has caught my interest. ;)
You're welcome man haha.
1609 posts
67 upvotes
One of these opened in Calgary a few months ago. They sure haven't created much buzz, but if you check them out on Yelp, they seem to suck pretty bad.. might just be a Calgary thing, but I can't ever seeing such bad reviews for anywhere on Yelp.