5910 upvotes
King City
Hey guys careful, the mods might lock the thread as its not NSFW :razz:
Proud to be an Indian.
Oct 28, 2004
20509 posts
1959 upvotes
Toronto
thx OP, looking forward to checking out this place when it opens....for the food and beer of course...
ronin1701 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2013 5:54 pm
At least the food at The Kilt is reasonable. I used to go to Houston's back in my expense-account days, and the food there was pretty bad - absolutely no reason to go there except for the hot waitresses.
is this the Houston's in downtown Toronto (financial district) on Yonge and Wellington?

That place was terrible...colleagues would love to go there for the cheap drinks after work but the food was really bad and service was pretty terrible....waitresses were ok but we always seemed to get the not-so-hot waitresses with attitude serving us....

Now we like to go to Joey's near Eaton Centre, Jack Astor's on Front Street and even the Duke pubs are very good for food and waitresses...lol!!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106490 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ji2o0k wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 10:12 am
is this the Houston's in downtown Toronto (financial district) on Yonge and Wellington?
Yup, on the South-East corner.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39729 posts
5910 upvotes
King City
Well dudes and dudettes (if there are any reading this thread), when the Richmond Hill location does open, I'll be sure to create an RFD meet in this Food and Drink thread. So be on the lookout!

As for the Downtown location - Esplanade or whatever, when I went last Saturday, I had no issue with the service. Got a seat immediately and the service was prompt. The server was pretty friendly too and didn't take time to bring out our drinks. Food came out within a decent amount of time.

So perhaps its a YMMV for quality of food and service? Depending on the day/time/server?

Hopefully the Richmond Hill location has a decent selection of women lol. Slavic women don't count lol. I'm sure you guys know what I am referring to but not disclosing it as I don't want a racial card infraction haha.
Proud to be an Indian.
May 22, 2005
19313 posts
4384 upvotes
Thornhill
djemzine wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 10:18 am
Well dudes and dudettes (if there are any reading this thread), when the Richmond Hill location does open, I'll be sure to create an RFD meet in this Food and Drink thread. So be on the lookout!
When I was at the Kilt, there were more female waitresses then female customers, and the place was packed :D So goodluck with that haha.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2005
2266 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Place looks like its gonna be quite the entertainment. Sadly I havent gone to Hooters before. So I don't know the etiquette upon visiting these types of establishments :P
Hopefully the waitresses are on par next to Moxies or better..
Heatware (6-0-0)

FS:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39729 posts
5910 upvotes
King City
PSiBeR wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 10:50 am
Place looks like its gonna be quite the entertainment. Sadly I havent gone to Hooters before. So I don't know the etiquette upon visiting these types of establishments :P
Hopefully the waitresses are on par next to Moxies or better..
Shall we go there the next time we meet up lol? Sorry for bailing on you last Friday :razz:

Ya as long as you don't stare down there i.e at their hoo has or ta tas, etc. You're good lol.
Proud to be an Indian.
May 22, 2005
19313 posts
4384 upvotes
Thornhill
djemzine wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 10:53 am
Shall we go there the next time we meet up lol? Sorry for bailing on you last Friday :razz:

Ya as long as you don't stare down there i.e at their hoo has or ta tas, etc. You're good lol.
Well, its kinda hard, we noticed that the tables are shorter then average so the server has to, bend over more, when serving. I also noticed this with a few other servers (including ours), they often would sit beside the customer (really close and you had nowhere to look but down....at the menu....beside her... ;) ) when showing the menu and taking orders. Beside our table were a bunch of old geezers (70+) and they were less than obvious haha.

We had a round table at the corner, and had pretty good view of the whole floor. :)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39729 posts
5910 upvotes
King City
They might be doing it for the tips haha. Ya that downtown location had old geezers for sure especially sitting at the bar.

Hence why I never go to a bar or pub by myself lol.

Hopefully there are no old geezers when the Richmond Hill location opens but who knows. The Fox and Fiddle has them at times.
Proud to be an Indian.
Aug 14, 2005
2266 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
djemzine wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 10:53 am

+1

Sounds good man! Hopefully it opens within the next 2 months or something
Heatware (6-0-0)

FS:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39729 posts
5910 upvotes
King City
Now open.
Proud to be an Indian.
Jul 30, 2007
25122 posts
10005 upvotes
Toronto
^ you checked out the ladies there ? worth checking out ?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39729 posts
5910 upvotes
King City
booblehead wrote:
Sep 16th, 2013 12:59 pm
^ you checked out the ladies there ? worth checking out ?
I'm in the US lol. I will be sending a friend back home for a recon session. The girls were pretty decent/good at the Downtown location during my last visits there.
Proud to be an Indian.
Dec 4, 2009
4068 posts
793 upvotes
Aurora
coriolis wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 10:21 am
When I was at the Kilt, there were more female waitresses then female customers, and the place was packed :D So goodluck with that haha.
Sounds just like a gathering most RFD'ers would feel right at home at!
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky