New construction house upgrades - non obvious but very important
Especially things that are hard or more expensive to retrofit later on.
What are the things you did in your new house you were glad you did or. Or things you wished you did?
A few to begin with:
- Conduit basement to attic
- Electrical outlets in kitchen island
- Soffit plugs for christmas lights with the switch
- At least 1 basement window large enough to fit drywall sheet through
- Floor drain in laundry room (when it's on first and second floor) - in case washing machine leaks
- Operable windows
- 9' wide garage doors (if using single doors)
- CAT6 cable outlets
- 200Amp Main