None
[OP]
Sep 21, 2004
11171 posts
6307 upvotes
Calgary

New Credit Cards for $15k Spend

Hello folks,

I have a large purchase coming up in about 2 months time and will spend about $15k. I'm looking to apply for 2-3 new cards to maximize travel points such as Marriott & Aeroplan. I don't mind paying annual fees as long as the welcome bonus is good.

I already have Amex Marriott, TD & CIBC Visa Infinite. I can also apply for US Amex cards.

Any suggestion is welcomed. Thanks.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
15803 posts
21529 upvotes
Vancouver
You already have the Marriott card and Aeroplan cards from both TD and CIBC. Another Amex is the only game in town if you want more Aeroplan or Marriott points. Consider the Amex AP charge chard, AP Reserve credit card, or either the Gold or Platinum MR-point-earning cards which can be transferred either to Marriott or Aeroplan.
Oct 12, 2020
505 posts
805 upvotes
Ontario
Agreed with @Kiraly.

If interested in the U.S. game at all, AMEX U.S. has some options. 125K Marriott Bonvoy points on the Bevy for $4K in 3 months. 150K Marriott Bonvoy points on Brilliant for $5K in 3 months, so not as good return, but certainly filled with several great benefits incl. Platinum Elite status. Or same thing with the Canadian side of things, any of AMEX U.S.'s MR-earning cards will also be transferrable to Marriott Bonvoy at 1:1.

If you have an ITIN, Chase opens up a lot more doors, also to AC Aeroplan as well as Marriott Bonvoy.
List of BEST Credit Cards for the Frequent Flyer/Rewards/Loyalty Programs you want to pursue - includes Personal and Business cards + WYDRAZOR'S TOP PICKS
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2015
1019 posts
1308 upvotes
I don't know if you are interested in business cards or not, but amex business business gold, business platinum and business edge all earn MR points that can be transferred to aeroplan or marriott. They all offer good sign-up bonuses (90K for the $499 platinum, 75K for the $199 business gold, and up to 77K for the $99 business edge). Plus the business platinum offers marriott gold status.