New Dell laptop sent from Dell Returns

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2020 10:51 pm
[OP]
Oct 6, 2007
94 posts
1 upvote

New Dell laptop sent from Dell Returns

I purchased a new laptop from Dell.ca and when I received it the FROM label says DCR - Dell Returns in Richmond Hill. I looked them up and noticed they deal with refurbished products etc. Is this just a distribution warehouse or did I get a refurbished laptop from them? I sent Dell an e-mail for an explanation but haven't received any replies yet.
6 replies
Apr 2, 2007
944 posts
158 upvotes
I think its probably from one a customer returned either opened or not, same as if u buy say something at walmart and its taped up on the shelf
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1747 posts
539 upvotes
Edmonton
No, that's just the returns address for when a product gets returned, like when you refuse delivery for instance.

For example, Amazon.ca packages all have a return address of Mississauga no matter if it ships from Calgary, Vancouver, or Mississauga.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19275 posts
8826 upvotes
Oakville
The from address doesn't necessarily mean that that is where it was sent from... It could just be the address that it needs to be sent back to if you are going to return it. You can usually tell from the box that the laptop is in if it has been returned and resealed...
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
15956 posts
4806 upvotes
London
MorePower wrote: I purchased a new laptop from Dell.ca and when I received it the FROM label says DCR - Dell Returns in Richmond Hill. I looked them up and noticed they deal with refurbished products etc. Is this just a distribution warehouse or did I get a refurbished laptop from them? I sent Dell an e-mail for an explanation but haven't received any replies yet.
I think this was discussed in another RFD thread. All new stuff ships with that "from" address

did-dell-sell-me-returned-refurbished-m ... #p31681648
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1747 posts
539 upvotes
Edmonton
Also, from my experience, Dell ships from their Texas headquarters through Purolator. Some other courier does the shipping from US to Canada, and Purolator is the last mile courier. I have had to purchase other laptops in the past that isn't a Dell instead because Dell wanted me to wait a month or more for delivery.