Entertainment

Disney+ Canada streaming service - $7.99 CAD/month with ads

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2024 8:06 pm
Nov 25, 2014
539 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto, ON
PriceHunter wrote: What happened to this post!!! When I saw it yesterday around 4:00 PM it was drowning in negative and now all the negatives disappeared!! Seriously ?
I think the mods merged the threads - this thread looks like was started in 2017. :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6109 posts
7131 upvotes
Whitby
Most of this stuff will be offline quicker than you can say Mickey. Torrents / Plex shares. But for 10/month you should support the content. Revised history and all.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
2042 posts
695 upvotes
Ottawa
I found the Disney + in Playstore fir Mi box 3...They must have released recently because I can't find it before their announcement. Still no Prime Video.

I will check it out.
thx
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
dyalect wrote: Most of this stuff will be offline quicker than you can say Mickey. Torrents / Plex shares. But for 10/month you should support the content. Revised history and all.
Apparently piracy talk here on RFD is a no-no. Be careful.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6109 posts
7131 upvotes
Whitby
My post is telling people to support the service. But thanks for heads up. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Aug 16, 2005
765 posts
194 upvotes
casperr wrote: This is a really good value that I wouldn't mind paying even though I know I won't use it a lot.

It's priced right and allows 4 simultaneous 4k streaming.
Although there's 4K support, I couldn't find any content with DD. For those who have surround sound, it kinda sucks you can't use it. Crave is same. netflix and Amazon do support DD.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19239 posts
17866 upvotes
GTA, ON
PriceHunter wrote: What happened to this post!!! When I saw it yesterday around 4:00 PM it was drowning in negative and now all the negatives disappeared!! Seriously ?
Thread was merged with others. All the negative downvotes was because one of the threads was posted in Hot Deals when in fact it was and is not.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3363 posts
1990 upvotes
markdweasel wrote: Although there's 4K support, I couldn't find any content with DD. For those who have surround sound, it kinda sucks you can't use it. Crave is same. netflix and Amazon do support DD.
???
My TV shows DolbyVision and DolbyDigital, for most movies. Mandalorian EP1 is in DolbyVision/DolbyDigital.
(my TV doesn't support DD+, Atmos, X over ARC).
Last edited by bogolisk on Nov 13th, 2019 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Mar 10, 2011
78 posts
21 upvotes
Westmount
Not sure if it was discussed but I was wondering if the Hulu + ESPN + Disney+ deal is available in Canada yet? Thanks!
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10746 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
biGtiF wrote: Not sure if it was discussed but I was wondering if the Hulu + ESPN + Disney+ deal is available in Canada yet? Thanks!
Not yet. It was leaked to CBC that Hulu will be launching in Canada "soon" and there is bound to be a bundle with Disney+ here too (I'm sticking to my guess that the bundle of Hulu with ads with Disney+ will cost $13.99 CAD). Nothing on ESPN+ yet.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/disney ... -1.5135188
Last edited by scoper on Nov 13th, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Woot, my old Nexus Players have the app
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19239 posts
17866 upvotes
GTA, ON
markdweasel wrote: Although there's 4K support, I couldn't find any content with DD. For those who have surround sound, it kinda sucks you can't use it. Crave is same. netflix and Amazon do support DD.

If by DD you mean Dolby Digital, then yes, Disney+ does have it. I watched Mandalorian last night and had Dolby Digital. I streamed through my PS4. Did you stream over your TV ARC?
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Feb 4, 2009
247 posts
24 upvotes
NoCountry4RFDer wrote: Did anyone try it on an unofficial android box? Does it work? If so, how's the quality?
Yes. First, I had to sideload it. I don't know if it is a hardware thing or if similar to netflix it won't show up if your device is not certified or is rooted.
Once installed, I am experiencing 2 problems. 1) While the main menu looks fine, as soon as I click on a show, the title screen for the show is slightly too long, resulting in some stuff getting cut off (using a 1080p tv). I can't remember if it lets me scroll. 2) The sound - there is none. The sound is not working when streaming on my android box. If I change a show's language from English to English Described Audio, the sound works (but the described audio is obviously a distraction). If I choose to download a show, the audio works. So, for now, my workaround is to just download the shows I want to watch instead of stream.
Aug 16, 2005
765 posts
194 upvotes
chimaican wrote: If by DD you mean Dolby Digital, then yes, Disney+ does have it. I watched Mandalorian last night and had Dolby Digital. I streamed through my PS4. Did you stream over your TV ARC?
Used my 1080P Firestick ( not the 4K version). Receiver showed stereo sound only.
maybe its the firestick. I will try PS3 and Apple TV ( 2nd generation ) tonight .
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19239 posts
17866 upvotes
GTA, ON
markdweasel wrote: Used my 1080P Firestick ( not the 4K version). Receiver showed stereo sound only.
maybe its the firestick. I will try PS3 and Apple TV ( 2nd generation ) tonight .
PS3 is not supported as Sony doesn't really support it anymore. You're going to need a PS4.

https://www.androidcentral.com/can-you- ... laystation
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6109 posts
7131 upvotes
Whitby
There was a post showing that if you wait until Mandalorian series is fully out you can watch it for free with the 7day trial. Just a hint.
Oct 20, 2010
654 posts
222 upvotes
i am not complaining, but just trying to understand what happened,
I signed up for Disney+ ysterday using my phone(android), and the pricing displayed was 6.99/month or 69.99/year.
Created my profile and another for the kids. Got home, went to sign in on my daughters ipad and there shows 8.99/month. Everywhere i look, shows 8.99/month. I look at my Google PlayStore subscriptions and shows 6.99/month.

Anyone else got that pricing?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)