Entertainment

New Disney+ streaming service - $8.99/mth or $90/Yr- & 2021 Hulu launch in Canada!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 7:50 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
2047 posts
283 upvotes
audit13 wrote: Could it be due to a network speed issue?

I have watched the first three Star Wars movies in 4k DV with no issues on an Apple TV. Can't try other devices since I don't have any other 4k players.
I think the subtitles were out of sync too.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16757 posts
3091 upvotes
Toronto
tinlun wrote: I think the subtitles were out of sync too.
I watched the 1st three Star Wars movies with English subtitles enabled because the person I watched them with has suffered a bit of hearing loss. The subtitles were in sync with the dialog and also made it easier for me to understand Jar Jar.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3375 posts
680 upvotes
I give big middle finger to apple. I paid lots of for my apple tv and doesn't support the disney+ being too old. The roku and amazon super cheap devices both support it.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16757 posts
3091 upvotes
Toronto
EEE2 wrote: I give big middle finger to apple. I paid lots of for my apple tv and doesn't support the disney+ being too old. The roku and amazon super cheap devices both support it.
How old is your Apple tv? I'm going to buy a 4k Roku stick for my family to watch Netflix, iTunes, Google Movies, Vudu, Movies Anywhere, and Disney.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3375 posts
680 upvotes
audit13 wrote: How old is your Apple tv? I'm going to buy a 4k Roku stick for my family to watch Netflix, iTunes, Google Movies, Vudu, Movies Anywhere, and Disney.
Its the 2nd gen of the black ones.
Images
  • apple-tv-2nd-gen-big.jpg
Last edited by EEE2 on Nov 16th, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16757 posts
3091 upvotes
Toronto
Ps4pro458 wrote: I read on narcity that disney plus wont allow password sharing after the initial launch. This will affect almost every redflagger who shares this sub with other ppl.

https://www.narcity.com/entertainment/c ... lix-agrees
I'm not sure how they can do that when the same people use different devices on different networks to access streaming apps. I think we'll be safe for a little while.
Oct 22, 2016
23 posts
1 upvote
I don't know. I cannot use it through my LG tv and also vie chromecast. Works on my laptop and ipad but can't cast to the TV. As soon as my 7 days are done, I am canceling it and will wait when they achieve Netflix level.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10992 posts
7350 upvotes
GTA, ON
tinlun wrote: I think the subtitles were out of sync too.
I watched the 2nd episode of Mandalorian last night and the subtitles were so out of sync I had to turn it off.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10992 posts
7350 upvotes
GTA, ON
Ps4pro458 wrote: I read on narcity that disney plus wont allow password sharing after the initial launch. This will affect almost every redflagger who shares this sub with other ppl.

https://www.narcity.com/entertainment/c ... lix-agrees
audit13 wrote: I'm not sure how they can do that when the same people use different devices on different networks to access streaming apps. I think we'll be safe for a little while.
I hope they don't start tracking our IP addresses. I mean, that's one way. If they see constant streaming from two or three or four IP addresses that never change, it's not illogical to think it's different users from different families. IP addresses pretty much give an idea of geographical location.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
2047 posts
283 upvotes
chimaican wrote: I watched the 2nd episode of Mandalorian last night and the subtitles were so out of sync I had to turn it off.
Subtitles were okay running thru chromecast for me. It was just out of wack playing on ps4. But then, I have this buffering problem playing thru chromecast. It's still ongoing as of last night while I was watching Jeff Goldblum.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16757 posts
3091 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote: I hope they don't start tracking our IP addresses. I mean, that's one way. If they see constant streaming from two or three or four IP addresses that never change, it's not illogical to think it's different users from different families. IP addresses pretty much give an idea of geographical location.
This is true.

I and the people I'll be sharing with are with Rogers in Toronto so at least all devices will have a Rogers IP address.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1323 posts
233 upvotes
GTA
EEE2 wrote: I give big middle finger to apple. I paid lots of for my apple tv and doesn't support the disney+ being too old. The roku and amazon super cheap devices both support it.
You stated you have a gen 2 unit in another comment... that's a 9 year old device! What other 9+ year hardware is compatible with Disney+?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5457 posts
2651 upvotes
Global Village
XFactor11 wrote: There is a free one week trial for signing up.
I know but their competition like cbs all access offered free trials since 2014, to watch Disney have more subscribers in 1 day than you have had in your entire existence must be disheartening. And a sign you should try to convince someone to buy you out.
All day I dream about sports
Banned
Nov 20, 2018
19 posts
13 upvotes
Sounds like a very limited library. One can only watch so many Star Wars and Disney movies and from what I'm hearing, "vaulted" programs and movies aren't included. How is this sustainable for Disney? $7/mo but as soon as they start adding more content, they'll add more to that monthly price.