Entertainment

New Disney+ streaming service - $8.99/mth or $90/Yr- & 2021 Hulu launch in Canada!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 7:50 pm
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13216 posts
6984 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I cancelled, it auto expires now on renewal date. While new releases can only be watched on D+ the moment they come out, they're streamable elsewhere in a day or two.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2262 posts
950 upvotes
Montreal, QC
audit13 wrote: Can you get the rebate a second time with the same Rakuten and Disney account? I got it with Disney+ last year.
it says only on new subs but we can always try. turn off auto renew, let it expire then sub again? if it works, great. if it doesn't, no loss
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5449 posts
2648 upvotes
Global Village
Tenet box office results have really scared studios off, Disney is pushing Black Widow, Eternals and oher films to even later next year in what must be crushing to the movie theatre business. They haven't moved Pixar's Soul yet but that's probably because they plan to release it on Disney+ for purchase like Mulan.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/blac ... 234773491/
All day I dream about sports
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
12626 posts
4420 upvotes
Toronto
The biggest complaint I see about Disney+ is lack of original content and I don't think this really qualifies (but it's probably faster & cheaper than traditional scripted content)

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5449 posts
2648 upvotes
Global Village
scoper wrote: Tenet box office results have really scared studios off, Disney is pushing Black Widow, Eternals and oher films to even later next year in what must be crushing to the movie theatre business. They haven't moved Pixar's Soul yet but that's probably because they plan to release it on Disney+ for purchase like Mulan.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/blac ... 234773491/
jenviea wrote: Regular content for Disney+ subscribers on Christmas Day i.e. no premium Mulan fee

https://deadline.com/2020/10/soul-relea ... 234594147/
Just as I thought Soul to be released exclusively on Disney+ on Dec 25. But I didn't see the no additional cost angle coming, clear sign that the Mulan release experiment has been viewed as a failure.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4497 posts
6884 upvotes
Ontario
I'm going to renew my monthly subscription to Disney+ later this month and also pay for a second month, so I and a friend can be current with the Mandalorian and catch up on other programs. Was going to wait until mid-November but I don't want to behind this time with the show. I have enjoyed looking for new trailers for Season 2. Wish I could buy all The Child stuff I'd want including that ugly sweater from Hot Topic.
2020 quest to find Portuguese smoked paprika 💡
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6473 posts
917 upvotes
Ottawa
I forget but for Disney+ renewal via iTunes would it be $90+tax this time?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3102 posts
398 upvotes
Don't be nosey
Does anyone else get stuck on a blue screen when launching Disney+ from their LG OLED TVs? For some reason, I get stuck on a blue screen whenever I launch Disney+ on my LG C9 tv.
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Nov 13, 2014
375 posts
338 upvotes
Westmount, QC
RunOrDie wrote: Does anyone else get stuck on a blue screen when launching Disney+ from their LG OLED TVs? For some reason, I get stuck on a blue screen whenever I launch Disney+ on my LG C9 tv.
No problems on my B7.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5449 posts
2648 upvotes
Global Village
jeeva86 wrote: I forget but for Disney+ renewal via iTunes would it be $90+tax this time?
$89.99 CAD all-in.

I expect Disney will follow Netflix and raise their subscription prices soon.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6473 posts
917 upvotes
Ottawa
scoper wrote: $89.99 CAD all-in.

I expect Disney will follow Netflix and raise their subscription prices soon.
I think I was charged 90+tax today. I had a $70 iTunes balance, then about $30 came out of my PayPal. So damn hard to find the actual detailed invoice!

Or was I charged tax cuz I went through iTunes?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2836 posts
416 upvotes
Does disney+ output Atmos in a ps4 pro?
I can't get mine to work.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5449 posts
2648 upvotes
Global Village
jeeva86 wrote: I think I was charged 90+tax today. I had a $70 iTunes balance, then about $30 came out of my PayPal. So damn hard to find the actual detailed invoice!

Or was I charged tax cuz I went through iTunes?
If you were charged tax you shouldn't have and I would escalate that with Apple.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6473 posts
917 upvotes
Ottawa
scoper wrote: If you were charged tax you shouldn't have and I would escalate that with Apple.
I think I’m starting to remember, all of these streaming services get charged tax when subscribing via iTunes. You’re still a bit ahead of u use the 20% off iTunes card from the Costco sales.