• Aug 6th, 2019 2:11 pm
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
15169 posts
28722 upvotes
Scarborough

New Epic Universe theme park at Universal Orlando Resort

They just announced a huge new park at Universal Orlando Resort. I could definitely see this taking a bite out of Disney, especially if it includes Super Nintendo World.

I never thought that I needed more than 2-3 days to visit Universal but after this gets built, I could see it being a whole vacation in itself.

https://blog.universalorlando.com/whats ... -universe/
Images
  • Universal's Epic Universe - Concept Art.jpg
  • Universal's Epic Universe - Proximity Map.JPG
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts] [Thread Hiding]
9 replies
Banned
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
Lol ... for a moment I was thinking "epic games" , a FortNite theme park ...
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2390 posts
610 upvotes
Ontario
Pretty sure Nintendo theme is going where the Marvel stuff is in Islands of adventure. Disney pretty much kicks universal's butt in the theme park area. I wasn't a big fan of the universal parks.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4860 posts
1414 upvotes
Mississauga
webshark wrote: Pretty sure Nintendo theme is going where the Marvel stuff is in Islands of adventure. Disney pretty much kicks universal's butt in the theme park area. I wasn't a big fan of the universal parks.
People said the same thing when Harry Potter came out in Universal. It just goes back and forth.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2006
15698 posts
341 upvotes
Interesting. They say "we are elated to announce the addition of our fourth theme park"

What are the other 3 parks?

Anyone know what they're building over?

Is 1 day enough for the current Universal?
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
15169 posts
28722 upvotes
Scarborough
JayTee1 wrote: What are the other 3 parks?

Anyone know what they're building over?

Is 1 day enough for the current Universal?
Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventure, and Volcano Bay (water park).

They're not building over anything. This is an entire new project on a new chunk of land.

I've always been a fan of dedicating an entire day at each park but it depends on what you actually want to do in the parks, and whether you want to be rushing the entire time or not. I'm not a big water park fan so I usually do 2-days and spend a full day at each of the regular theme parks.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
3615 posts
511 upvotes
So what exactly is the theme for Epic Universe? That blog was very vague.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4602 posts
1242 upvotes
heymikey wrote: So what exactly is the theme for Epic Universe? That blog was very vague.
Each land will have it's own theme. The assumption is that two of the lands will be Nintendo and Wizarding World Fantastic Beasts. It was long speculated that Nintendo World would take up the space where ET is in Universal Studios but no construction ever happened.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4328 posts
1338 upvotes
Moncton
They should have pavilions of different video game worlds and a section showcasing technology of tomorrow, perhaps sponsored by the auto-industry. Not sure about the road link to the park. I think an elevated train would be more appropriate.

;)
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
15169 posts
28722 upvotes
Scarborough
MonctonMan wrote: They should have pavilions of different video game worlds and a section showcasing technology of tomorrow, perhaps sponsored by the auto-industry. Not sure about the road link to the park. I think an elevated train would be more appropriate.

;)
Sounds like a Universal version of Epcot. I'm pretty excited to see what each new land is going to be. This is definitely going to put Universal closer on par with Disney World.

A train getting you from current Universal to Epic Universe would be pretty cool but I imagine after spending 160 million just for the road extension, that they didn't want to spend even more to build a train as well. Seems like something they could add in the future though.