• Mar 28th, 2024 1:05 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2501 posts
708 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
For the Oreo cookie lovers I picked up a limited edition Banana Split flavor at Wegman's in Buffalo. Suprisingly they were not too bad, if you are in to trying crazy Oreo flavors, worth picking this up and trying them.
[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/256gwhv.png[/IMG]
I also picked up a case of Vanilla Coke Zero, while not a "new product" its fairly new on store shelves in WNY.
[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2vjwnxt.jpg[/IMG]
Also, grabbed this new Ken's salad dressing flavor at Wegman's. If you shop in the US and have never tried the Ken's products, try them they are great. I tried this in Chicago a few weeks ago and just had to pick some up.
[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2h3y878.jpg[/IMG]
My trip two weeks ago to Michigan I did a Costco run, and picked up a few favorites that I highly recommend. The pickles especially are a deal, its a massive jar Costco style and dirt cheap, these things taste so good.
Famous Dave's Pickle Chips
[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/24b10tt.jpg[/IMG]
The deep dish pizza, I wish Costco would carry this in Canada, is actually really good and dirt cheap its 3lbs of pizza, the family loves it.
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2zrdlph.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/160ydmf.jpg[/IMG]

Texas Caviar bean salad, its gluten free too. In fact Coscto in the US seems to have a good gluten free selection.
[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2rx7eh0.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2011
2240 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
The Banana Oreos look good, although after a few I bet they would make you sick. Oreos have that tendency. I bought three boxes of the mint flavored, after three, no more. Eat a whole bag, not if your diabetic, the fructose will kill a diabetic. If your health is pretty good, you can, you'll be feeling a little light headed for about two hours (tell a story, before you crash) :)
We now live in a Nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.
- Christopher Hedges
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
2541 posts
2315 upvotes
Pickering
I guess I won't be seeing the 'Birthday Oreo's' (aka Cookies & Creme) anytime soon. They were second favourite, next to Vanilla Fudge.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 14, 2007
5038 posts
1459 upvotes
Regina
noticed costco now has dried seaweed in 9 packs, anyone try?
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
Yoplait is doing a Greek yogourt called Yopa!! Bought the Pina Colada flavour today. Also noticed Mango Tango and Strawberry Cheesecake.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2501 posts
708 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Target in the US has the Halloween Candy Corn Oreo's out now.
[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/j7yhk8.jpg[/IMG]

Also, saw the Halloween ones with the orange filling inside at Wegman's

Saw some Limited Edition Pringles flavors at Walmart in the US too, a Cheeseburger flavor, Chile con Queso, Chile y Limon and Salsa de Chile Habenero
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3726 posts
432 upvotes
rayray13 wrote: President's Choice Maple Bacon Chips.

Smokey taste, immediately excites the bacon lovin' region of the brain. Maple flavour is subtle. Not too salty and ridged for the dip lover.

Well executed potato chip.
I can never resist trying the various flavours they come out with, but I usually end up disliking about 90% of them....
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
rayray13 wrote: President's Choice Maple Bacon Chips.

Smokey taste, immediately excites the bacon lovin' region of the brain. Maple flavour is subtle. Not too salty and ridged for the dip lover.

Well executed potato chip.
The Kettle brand Maple Bacon chips are just the right combo of salty, smoky and sweet. Totally addictive.

Also want to try the Neal Brother version.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
Noticed a Limited Edition Milk KitKat, on a standalone cardboard display with the mint version, WalMart.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5614 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto
bonterra wrote: Noticed a Limited Edition Milk KitKat, on a standalone cardboard display with the mint version, WalMart.
It's a Milk and White Chocolate KitKat. Bought some several weeks back.

Other new items I've seen over the last several weeks:

Doritos Collisions
Goldfish Vanilla Cupcake
Halloween Oreo
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
icemasta wrote: It's a Milk and White Chocolate KitKat. Bought some several weeks back.
Was it good?

Noticed Frank's is doing a Sriracha sauce.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5614 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto
bonterra wrote: Was it good?

Noticed Frank's is doing a Sriracha sauce.
I liked it. I rather they sell White Chocolate KitKat instead of White and Milk since the Milk overpowers the White slightly.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
icemasta wrote: I liked it. I rather they sell White Chocolate KitKat instead of White and Milk since the Milk overpowers the White slightly.
I'll have to try it. I'm not a big fan of milk or white chocolate.

Only buy white chocolate once a year to make Cranberry Bliss Bars. Now they have a mix at Costco, might try it, too.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
Chipits is doing a coffee-flavoured baking chip, pretty sure that's new.

Also Mrs. Dash is doing salt free seasoning packets, meatloaf, chili and taco.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6132 posts
1005 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
I dont usually shop at Sobeys, but went recently and had a Jamie Oliver black bean hummus that was really delicious. I am not usually a fan of hummus either but I could eat this stuff all day.
bonterra wrote: Chipits is doing a coffee-flavoured baking chip, pretty sure that's new.

Also Mrs. Dash is doing salt free seasoning packets, meatloaf, chili and taco.
Totally saw the coffee chips when I was in Niagara falls on vacation last week in the Hersheys store :)
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
Probably everybody else knows about Barkeeper's Friend, but it's a new product to me since I found it at Canadian Tire last weekend.

This stuff is like a miracle worker on old stainless and Corning Ware. My stainless cookware looks brand new and it's maybe 37 years old, I got it from my grandmother, Sears Superweight or something similar.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
559 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
bonterra wrote: Probably everybody else knows about Barkeeper's Friend, but it's a new product to me since I found it at Canadian Tire last weekend.

This stuff is like a miracle worker on old stainless and Corning Ware. My stainless cookware looks brand new and it's maybe 37 years old, I got it from my grandmother, Sears Superweight or something similar.
I never expected to find it. I heard about it on eGullet years ago. Someone said it is the same as Bon Ami, but that would not be special. I have tried 3M SS cleaner, but it doesn't do much for my well used utensils.
Thanks for the tip. I'll check out Crappy Tire this week.

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
jayt90 wrote: I never expected to find it. I heard about it on eGullet years ago. Someone said it is the same as Bon Ami, but that would not be special. I have tried 3M SS cleaner, but it doesn't do much for my well used utensils.
Thanks for the tip. I'll check out Crappy Tire this week.
Best part is the can is only $2.19 for one variety and $2.39 for the other. I was dithering about which to get and then thought "Oh, for heaven's sake, for that price get both!!".

It's taken quite a bit of elbow grease, and on some pots a couple of applications, but I am so enjoying my fresh looking cookware.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
Another item I got at Canadian Tire is Bacon Wave. All summer I cook bacon on my BBQ grill, I'm sure it makes the whole neighbourhood crave bacon. But, it keeps the smell and spatter out of the house.

Winter I use the microwave, but since I usually cook a whole pound, it takes awhile and a few changes of paper towel. At least the spatter stays confined.

Saw the Bacon Wave on tv, then at Canadian Tire, so bought it. Haven't tried it yet. We'll see how it does when the weather gets cooler.

https://www.baconwave.ca/BACON/6.0000/I ... MgodqAQAHA
Jan 17, 2013
459 posts
81 upvotes
Sarnia
A couple of weeks ago I picked up a package of Campbells new Slow Cooker sauces across the river in Mich.. the one I got was their Tavern Pot roast. Just plop a 2 lb chuck roast in the slow cooker, pour the sauce over it and let it cook on low for 7-8 hours.. You couldn't really ask for anything more simple and it was really good so the other day I went back and got some of the other flavors for pulled pork, chicken etc... Haven't tried those yet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)