Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4538 posts
1069 upvotes
Regina
jenviea wrote: If anyone wanted to try those Jane's Ketchup seasoned popcorn chicken, they're $4 at No Frills starting tomorrow
I saw 'em at Loblaws so I assume they're now distributed throughout the Weston banners
wife bought some, will give a review once they are eaten
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
1345 posts
1218 upvotes
Toronto
mike1639 wrote: Walmart is carrying the salsa, con queso, guacamole salsa, cafe style and cantina style tortillas. Excited to get these !
guacamole salsa - https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/on-the-bor ... 0201121617
medium salsa - https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/on-the-bor ... 0201124393
con queso salsa - https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/on-the-bor ... 0201124477
cafe style tortilla chips - https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/on-the-bor ... 0201123153
cantina thins tortilla chips - https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/on-the-bor ... 0201121429
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
12499 posts
4353 upvotes
Toronto
chaingunsofdoom wrote: I don't think these Crispy Minis are new(?) but both bags say Limited Time only. White Cheddar and Buffalo.
New to me!
I bought a lot of Crispy Minis in the past I definitely do not remember these flavours before

I think the Disney shaped Goldfish Crackers have been around a while

Also new Flavour Blasted Cheddar Jack'd

They went out of their way using the Canadian spelling of flavour

Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8949 posts
3296 upvotes
Three Farmers products $2.99 this week at Shoppers Drug Mart. I've been meaning to try these for a while and bought the Sea Salt & Lime chickpeas and Barbecue crunchy little lentils. (Canada is a world leader in the production of pulses but we export it all. Nice to see our legumes on the market for us for once.)

This is the same idea as wasabi peas. The lime they put on the chickpeas is really fragrant (like kaffir lime leaves) and only faintly tangy, not at all vinegary. The bbq lentils are like sweet-savoury extra-crunchy sunflower seeds. Earthy, though. The spices/flavourings are really pleasant and complex and I think the price reflects the quality. I was very impressed by their take on lime.

Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10883 posts
5993 upvotes
Markham
lecale wrote: Three Farmers products $2.99 this week at Shoppers Drug Mart. I've been meaning to try these for a while and bought the Sea Salt & Lime chickpeas and Barbecue crunchy little lentils. (Canada is a world leader in the production of pulses but we export it all. Nice to see our legumes on the market for us for once.)

This is the same idea as wasabi peas. The lime they put on the chickpeas is really fragrant (like kaffir lime leaves) and only faintly tangy, not at all vinegary. The bbq lentils are like sweet-savoury extra-crunchy sunflower seeds. Earthy, though. The spices/flavourings are really pleasant and complex and I think the price reflects the quality. I was very impressed by their take on lime.

I believe there's crunchy chickpeas and lentils have been around for a long time in the Indian grocers.

There's a restaurant on Harbord St called Rasa which makes a really good chopped salad using crunchy chickpeas, kale, jalapeno, feta and avocado with harissa.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200830-200245.jpg
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8949 posts
3296 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: I believe there's crunchy chickpeas and lentils have been around for a long time in the Indian grocers.

There's a restaurant on Harbord St called Rasa which makes a really good chopped salad using crunchy chickpeas, kale, jalapeno, feta and avocado with harissa.
Haldiram’s, Surati, KurKure, etc. Some of them can be pretty intense (spice, fat/heaviness). The Three Farmers are pretty lite fat, light spice.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1394 posts
851 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: I believe there's crunchy chickpeas and lentils have been around for a long time in the Indian grocers.

lecale wrote: Haldiram’s, Surati, KurKure, etc. Some of them can be pretty intense (spice, fat/heaviness). The Three Farmers are pretty lite fat, light spice.
That's because the Indian ones are deep fried, not roasted and they are heavily seasoned. If you have access to Persian / Iranian stores, you can get the roasted / salted ones for a much better price and in bigger bags.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1127 posts
373 upvotes
YYC
Not a new product...

I saw these Kinder Bueno 129g (3x43g) packs at No Frills and the $1 price seems quite good but I am not sure since I don't buy them regularly? Any food aficionados here to confirm? :)

http://imgur.com/a/Lbnl5X3

The posted and start date on the tag says August 28, with no end date on the tag. Wonder if I should post it as a Hot Deal? :)
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
12499 posts
4353 upvotes
Toronto
Michelina's is getting back into the pizza game (spotted in Thursdays Metro flyer--after a couple of months of getting 'em late, got a flyer pack today woo! hoo!)

Last edited by jenviea on Sep 1st, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1394 posts
851 upvotes
jenviea wrote: Michelina's is getting back into the pizza game (spotted in tomorrow's Metro flyer--after a couple of months of getting 'em late, got a flyer pack today woo! hoo!)

Nothing on their website yet, but not surprising as they have the capabilities through Overhill Farms, their private label sister company. Interesting match up for frozen pizza in Canada,. When you consider that since McCain sold out their Canadian frozen pizza business to Dr. Oetker, their only real competition has been the big store's private label pizza.
Jan 30, 2013
258 posts
80 upvotes
Harveys/Swiss Chalet combo restaurant has Family Size Lays Chalet Sauce chips $3.99 not new but a return

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Bratcoin, carmaster