• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 9:54 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8949 posts
3295 upvotes
my0gr81 wrote: Nothing on their website yet, but not surprising as they have the capabilities through Overhill Farms, their private label sister company. Interesting match up for frozen pizza in Canada,. When you consider that since McCain sold out their Canadian frozen pizza business to Dr. Oetker, their only real competition has been the big store's private label pizza.
President's Choice pizza line is insanely large, and many items are product of Germany where Dr. Oetker is based. (Dr. Oetker was a chef, cookbook author and businessman a la Chef Hector Boyardi and Duncan Hines, he's a massive comparable figure (He dead.)).

I wouldn't be surprised if the PC products that say imported from Germany are Dr. Oetker made. So much for competition.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1370 posts
839 upvotes
lecale wrote: President's Choice pizza line is insanely large, and many items are product of Germany where Dr. Oetker is based. (Dr. Oetker was a chef, cookbook author and businessman a la Chef Hector Boyardi and Duncan Hines, he's a massive comparable figure (He dead.)).

I wouldn't be surprised if the PC products that say imported from Germany are Dr. Oetker made. So much for competition.
It's possible that PC frozen pizza is made by Dr. Oetker in Germany, but I doubt it. If that was the case, there is no way, Loblaws would not push for costs savings, and marketing boost by wanting a shift to Canadian made with Dr. Oetker having built a plant in Canada, and inherited manufacturing from the deal with McCain. Again, just my opinion on that. Anyway, this way off topic, sorry to OP for derailing.
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
12458 posts
4324 upvotes
Toronto
my0gr81 wrote: It's possible that PC frozen pizza is made by Dr. Oetker in Germany, but I doubt it. If that was the case, there is no way, Loblaws would not push for costs savings, and marketing boost by wanting a shift to Canadian made with Dr. Oetker having built a plant in Canada, and inherited manufacturing from the deal with McCain.
I assumed Oetker too but even though this article is almost a decade old, seems like Nestle but why it's not just made in Canada is still a mystery

https://www.bakeryandsnacks.com/Article ... ports-boom

OTOH do the Delissios in Canada state "Made in Germany?"
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
1343 posts
1218 upvotes
Toronto
JACKIE26 wrote: I have only seen the tiramisu Oreos at Longo's but that was back in the Spring. I haven't seen them in a long time. But that would be the best place to check.
If anyone is still looking for the Oreo Tiramisu they have them at Bestco in Etobicoke.
Thanks @aznnorth for the tip about the cheap facemasks and alcohol wipes also found there from this thread.
bestco-bestco-9-99-facemasks-50-piece-box-2399924
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
12458 posts
4324 upvotes
Toronto
Just realized these restaurants are all the same corporation but Montana's comes home anyway but why so many brands when I imagine these frozen versions are very similar

I haven't bought Crispers in a long time and Cheddar is such a common salty snack flavour it can't be all that new

Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1121 posts
361 upvotes
YYC
New chocolate at Sobeys today:

Level Up Oh Henry. $1.11 each
Thin Reese pouches. $2.99 or $2.69. (Wasn't quite sure.)

http://imgur.com/a/yr5Worv

Had a bit of the Level Up... there are 2 halves of around 21g each. Base is a pretzel. Then some peanut butter/caramel like an Oh Henry. Then wrapped in chocolate. It is kinda like a Turtle. Decent but not at over $1 which is a sale price. Also there is actually a code to get something in NBA2K21. Neat, but don't play that game.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4535 posts
1069 upvotes
Regina
jenviea wrote: If anyone wanted to try those Jane's Ketchup seasoned popcorn chicken, they're $4 at No Frills starting tomorrow
I saw 'em at Loblaws so I assume they're now distributed throughout the Weston banners
as promised review, not that great, 11 year old daughter did not like them, the wife meh, and i didnt even try them as did not look that appetizing
Jan 22, 2007
413 posts
217 upvotes
new chips this weekend:

Doritos LATE NIGHT Buffalo Hot Wings

and

Ruffles Flamin' Hot Cheddar

Both seem to be Canada exclusive and here for a limited time.

Ontario will also start seeing Smokehouse BBQ Ruffles in the grab bag format.

Oh, and

SWISS CHALET SAUCE CHIPS ARE BACK FROM LAY'S

(available only in restaurant for take out as of Sept 7? or maybe already appearing?)

that's all the breaking chip news for today lol
Last edited by the brother on Sep 3rd, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 22, 2007
413 posts
217 upvotes
Sherlock115 wrote: Harveys/Swiss Chalet combo restaurant has Family Size Lays Chalet Sauce chips $3.99 not new but a return
oops just saw this. are they already available? the poster said Sept 7/20
Jan 30, 2013
257 posts
80 upvotes
the brother wrote: oops just saw this. are they already available? the poster said Sept 7/20
I bought a bag so they are available right now.
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
12458 posts
4324 upvotes
Toronto
T&T has imported Lays Deep Ridged potato chips

Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16052 posts
3476 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if there is any difference in taste between the Lays Fries and gravy chips (imported from Newfoundland) and the Chalet sauce chips?
I know one mentions fries and the other doesn't, but the last time I tried the Fries and Gravy chips I could taste a gravy (or "chalet sauce"?) taste a lot more than anything "fries". lol
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6847 posts
1537 upvotes
Canada Dry has entered the Premium market. Tonic water, ginger ale and ginger beer in bottles.
Images
  • 20200903_173056.jpg
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17958 posts
5919 upvotes
Toronto
bonterra wrote: Canada Dry has entered the Premium market. Tonic water, ginger ale and ginger beer in bottles.
Am I reading this right? 4 for $6.99?