Food & Drink

New food & drink product finds

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 1:29 am
Tags:
None
Member
Jan 22, 2007
413 posts
216 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Anyone know if there is any difference in taste between the Lays Fries and gravy chips (imported from Newfoundland) and the Chalet sauce chips?
I know one mentions fries and the other doesn't, but the last time I tried the Fries and Gravy chips I could taste a gravy (or "chalet sauce"?) taste a lot more than anything "fries". lol
The fries and gravy have more of a beef stock type of flavour compared to chicken on the Chalet sauce

Member
Jan 22, 2007
413 posts
216 upvotes
the brother wrote: new chips this weekend:

Doritos LATE NIGHT Buffalo Hot Wings

and

Ruffles Flamin' Hot Cheddar

Both seem to be Canada exclusive and here for a limited time.

Ontario will also start seeing Smokehouse BBQ Ruffles in the grab bag format.

Oh, and

SWISS CHALET SAUCE CHIPS ARE BACK FROM LAY'S

(available only in restaurant for take out as of Sept 7? or maybe already appearing?)

that's all the breaking chip news for today lol
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 1, 2015
764 posts
434 upvotes
Scxm Free Zone
Chalet flavoured chips just taste like ketchup flavour to me.

Forgive my poor taste bud.
Zoomer Wireless happy new customer:
800 mins + 5G LTE data for $36 + $100 new activation credit + $50 credit

Do your part to end the monopoly. Every little bit helps.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 30, 2006
11736 posts
1769 upvotes
Vancouver
the brother wrote: new chips this weekend:

Doritos LATE NIGHT Buffalo Hot Wings

and

Ruffles Flamin' Hot Cheddar

Both seem to be Canada exclusive and here for a limited time.

Ontario will also start seeing Smokehouse BBQ Ruffles in the grab bag format.

Oh, and

SWISS CHALET SAUCE CHIPS ARE BACK FROM LAY'S

(available only in restaurant for take out as of Sept 7? or maybe already appearing?)

that's all the breaking chip news for today lol
Buffalo Hot Wings way too spicy/hot for my liking. I couldn’t taste much else. Hopefully my friend enjoys them. :)
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 30, 2006
11736 posts
1769 upvotes
Vancouver
Hope I can find these. I actually like the texture of their tortilla chips. I find them quite crunchy. :). Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5602 posts
2790 upvotes
Mississauga
Same here but who carries them in the GTA? Any time I’ve been out west they’re everywhere.
Newbie
Aug 30, 2018
44 posts
25 upvotes
mrweather wrote: Same here but who carries them in the GTA? Any time I’ve been out west they’re everywhere.
If you are talking about the old Dutch tortilla chips, I just bought the new flavors in Sobeys.
Last edited by summerxx on Sep 15th, 2020 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5602 posts
2790 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks. I rarely shop at Sobey’s.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8949 posts
3295 upvotes
Compass Fig'n Nut Delight with [Pistachio or Walnut or Hazelnut]

This is Turkish delight, the kind they make in Turkey (but with a twist).

Traditional Turkish delight is made by slowly simmering sugar, cornstarch and water until it turns into something like the inside of a jelly bean. They add colour, a bit of lemon juice, and flavourings like rose water or orange blossom water. The stuff can be plain or have nuts like walnuts, hazelnuts or pistachios in it. It's dusted in a mixture of powdered sugar and cornstarch, or maybe coconut.

The Compass Fig'n Nut Delight has the same chewy base, but it has seedy fig paste in it. It doesn't have rose water or orange blossom water because the figs give flavour and it doesn't have added colour.

Image

$3.99 Zehrs
$2.97 Walmart
$5.49 Well.ca
$4.47 Amazon.ca

If you are interested in trying the traditional kind Food Basics has this Koska box for a great price. It was $4.49 the last time I bought it 5 years ago ha ha I know that doesn't help much but it is not $20 like on Amazon.

Image
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
12448 posts
4320 upvotes
Toronto
I dunno why so many spicy products lately but this morning I spotted Screamin' Hot Veggie Straws

This is a US image IIRC the Canadian package looks a little different (but I might be wrong)

Image
Member
Jan 22, 2007
413 posts
216 upvotes
jenviea wrote: I dunno why so many spicy products lately but this morning I spotted Screamin' Hot Veggie Straws

This is a US image IIRC the Canadian package looks a little different (but I might be wrong)

awesome, where did you spot this? thanks!

Top